Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack has an awful eye for photography, that pancake shot is tit. Seriously, I feel bad for that squigg.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jack has an awful eye for photography, that pancake shot is tit. Seriously, I feel bad for that squigg.
I feel bad for the child. There's something really off about that tweet. Obligatory 'not a mum' but this just doesn't seem like something a kid would ask for? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it seems kind of weird.

Reactions: 42
I feel bad for the child. There's something really off about that tweet. Obligatory 'not a mum' but this just doesn't seem like something a kid would ask for? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it seems kind of weird.
Come on now, wasn't it your dream to have a photo of your mum's chest area, braless with nip on show in a pyjama style t-shirt whilst pouring syrup all over you're freezing stack of pancakes and all over the floor.

Also I just thought of a caption for that pic, a stack and the rack.

I will let myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Neither of mine would want this photo propped up next to them at the table. This is perhaps because I can deliver a stack of pancakes without getting syrup on the floor or taking anyone’s eye out with my braless attributes. Also, I have rather bored my whole family about her, so they’d refuse on those grounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I love that we‘re all more interested in that random pancake picture than Jack’s big comeback tweet.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Wait, I thought it's a squigg who has the photo framed?! Is it a sock account?

(yes yes dear fraus, I'm once again clueless lololol it don't take much!)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Wait, I thought it's a squigg who has the photo framed?! Is it a sock account?

(yes yes dear fraus, I'm once again clueless lololol it don't take much!)
I don’t blame you, it’s a strange and confusing tweet and picture combination.
It’s a real squiggle though. Without wanting to add to the confusion, they didn’t actually mention a human child, just a “5 y/o“. So for all we know it could be one of the cactuses or rocks that’s the big pancake fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It's a genuine squig who has many other largely child-based (child status: confirmed) instances of things that definitely happened. Highlights include said child taking complete creative control over a whole stop-motion film and insisting on being given vegetables for dinner then giving a lecture on tomatoes after watching a Netflix programme. They have such enormous Jack On a Train energy but it's not a sock, rather gloves of a feather flocking etc.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
It's a genuine squig who has many other largely child-based (child status: confirmed) instances of things that definitely happened. Highlights include said child taking complete creative control over a whole stop-motion film and insisting on being given vegetables for dinner then giving a lecture on tomatoes after watching a Netflix programme. They have such enormous Jack On a Train energy but it's not a sock, rather gloves of a feather flocking etc.
C0F4359F-3861-467E-95E0-D186DD899FFF.jpeg

This is -to me- the absolute pinnacle of that type of mother.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 76
What on this godforsaken earth does that terrifying picture of her grinning (taken many months ago) have to do with the price of fish/kilowatt hours? I also find it interesting that she mentions about so many people struggling with literacy and that energy companies should be mindful of that, completely oblivious to the fact that she accompanies every one of her recipes with an interminable word salad.

Just a few examples of phrases that would be hard to understand from her most recent recipe (jackfruit with pineapple hats):
-luxuriate in their flavour bath
-extract the extraneous brine
-the whole weird bit about the consistency being akin to Wile E Coyote falling off a cliff
YES

it bleeping pisses me off (pardon my french) that they’ve picked her for this when i doubt she even knows enough about anything in life to write about it in plain english. i know the energy company campaign is nothing to do with plain english, i suppose i’m just pointlessly posting to agree that she is the worst choice for this 😂

3FA511E0-0B94-4D04-8B60-271664D49C93.png

had the best advert after i posted this - maybe it’s actually a magical forest (complete with brambly mice family) and not a puddle she’s been getting everything from all this time? 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Also, kind of like ~this~ energy ...

66374800-D0B1-44D6-9728-ACBD6D607F12.jpeg

screenshot: silver

(I know there were more from way back that were screenshot and posted - where she related particularly erudite snippets of SB’s philosophical thoughts that were all her - but I can’t find them 😂)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Yikes, all in the name of crumb-dropping to the masses that she wasn't eating properly. I don't think my children would notice wether I had ever eaten or not and rightfully so, it should never be a child's concern and if it is...what have you been saying to them?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
If what the spycam squiggle is saying is true, then they need to speak to the police. That is abuse and there are plenty of creepy bastards who have done that and been convicted.

Have we ever been forensic about Jack's holidays? In the decade she has not had one, I think she has been to Tanzania, USA, Paris, Edinburgh, Lake District and Cyprus.
Just sliding in between the pancakes and Jack's nip to add Venice to the list of Not-a-Holidays:

Screenshot_20210530_003625_com.amazon.kindle_edit_1356652064803927.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
In other words: I interrupted the holiday of a friend who’d said “wish you were here” and was too nice to tell me that it was a platitude, and not to book flights to join him on a whim. I talked shite about myself at him for two solid days while he paid for every meal.

With friends like Jack an enemy would feel like relief.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
In other words: I interrupted the holiday of a friend who’d said “wish you were here” and was too nice to tell me that it was a platitude, and not to book flights to join him on a whim. I talked shite about myself at him for two solid days while he paid for every meal.

With friends like Jack an enemy would feel like relief.
I think you're spot on there! Also being able to drop everything and go for a quick break because you feel yourself sliding into depression, if that isn't privilege I don't know what is. She probably put a massive Brenda Buzzkill on the poor dude.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.