Jack Monroe #192 Hoist with her own anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are the friends who are no doubt salivating at the thought of tasting Jack's cooking the "11 people I'm working with at the moment" (or was it 12?) she breadcrumbed a few weeks back?

Incidentally, I suspect a certain hypothetical rehab centre may have 11 (or 12) people unexpectedly ringing in sick tomorrow.
"Hi Dave, Sue here. Good news, turns out I'm all better now and won't be in tomorrow. Yeah, funny story, it wasn't alcoholism after all, just a stomach bug. Oh really? Five others have said the same thing? Must be going around then, haha. Tell Jack I'm terribly sorry not to be able to try her...whatever that stuff is. See you around!"

• Haha
Reactions: 62
My parents not keeping a room for me once I turned 18 and LEFT made me so incredibly vulnerable. I would never do that to my own child.
My mum still keeps a room in her downsized bungalow in case me or my bro needs to 'come home'. I'm 48, he's 54...'You never know...'

(Thanks Mum).

• Heart
Reactions: 53
😂 It needs a speech bubble that reads: ¡Molé!
Be-my-friend-black bean and mole soup, he says “somethings simmering!”
I’m not doing Jack, they’re already too pleased with themselves for knowing that mole is pronounced mo-lay
C735B19E-DCA3-4666-B017-00AF368D59A8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Be-my-friend-black bean and mole soup, he says “somethings simmering!”
I’m not doing Jack, they’re already too please with themselves for knowing that mole is pronounced mo-lay
View attachment 598220
And that’s a non stick frying pan she’s scratching the duck out of, using it as a lid, that will inevitably get full of condensation and slide down the side of the pan onto the hob, because it’s not a Fuxking lid you mucky twit! Grrrrr

• Haha
Reactions: 39
No idea what your translation is but this is reminding me of the ‘yakitori spices’ when she became ramen Jack.
It's sad that she - as a professional food writer - has never displayed the slightest hint of curiosity about different cuisines. She probably heard somewhere that mole is a Mexican sauce with chocolate in it, and that was it.

In fact, mole is a catch-all term for a huge number of different sauces, with a variety of ingredients (cocoa appears in some moles, but not most). I'm not an expert on Mexican cuisine, but I've had a few different moles, and essentially when Jack says "mole sauce is a thing" it's a bit like reducing Indian dishes to "curry sauce is a thing".

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised...famously, the only dish she seems to actually care about is pre-packaged trifle.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
We’ve been putting dark chocolate or coffee in our chili sin carne and various Mexican type dishes to add depth of flavour for at least a decade since it was on that sainsburys advert, even then it was old hat. What next, cauliflower rice? Garlic bread?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Oooh yay, Foodie Jack is back! Bagsie not trying this recipe that she'll never post anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 35
We’ve been putting dark chocolate or coffee in our chili sin carne and various Mexican type dishes to add depth of flavour for at least a decade since it was on that sainsburys advert, even then it was old hat. What next, cauliflower rice? Garlic bread?
Just wait until she discovers that you can turn tortilla wraps into nachos!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I wonder what 'great thread' Greg's opinion is of celebrities wielding their pile on power whenever they are grumpy....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
They are doing smashed peas on toast this week. Getting uncomfortably close to Jack territory.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Late and this has probably been said a million times but I feel so silly that I used to really like Jack and thought she was a breath of fresh air and someone who genuinely cares. These threads have me shooketh!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
I can just picture the self-satisfied Insta post for Jack's maverick take on garlic bread.

"Bit fancy this. Good old pillowy softy soft shitey whitey with a thick, unctuous smear of lard (fat is fat, and my recent 8 week hotel stay residential treatment means my budget still doesn't stretch to butter) and topped with a tablespoon of garlic granules. Softly, gently, restfully seared in the microwave for 30 seconds. That'll do."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.