Jack Monroe #191 The sound of silence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Stooshe have been up to much recently so I'm sure they'd be up for a festival performance of "Lockdown". I'll bring an orange boilersuit so I can dress as everyone's favourite Ruby Rose stand in.
I have a vague memory of the Ruby rose stand in thing, it's a bit hazy, probably due to all this festival mayhem, please can someone remind me why this happened? Seems really weird

Reactions: 19
Monroe appeared at Latitude once. I think the flower crowns did too. I detest Latitude, the de - clawed moggy of the festival world.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I am beyond ready for Slopbot to crowd surf over us all. Hands in the air, it will be magical.

I attended Glastonbury once and some of the people I was camped with might as well have been Jack "We can't go to Shangri-La it's too MUDDY"
I wouldn’t like to go to Glastonbury. I hate the idea of camping as I hate insects so hate mud and bugs. So I wouldn’t go to Glastonbury. I don’t understand why Jack would want to go there to a place that is fun but feel the need to wear a stab vest, it just doesn’t make any sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I have a vague memory of the Ruby rose stand in thing, it's a bit hazy, probably due to all this festival mayhem, please can someone remind me why this happened? Seems really weird
Thread #63 Post #7 onwards I think.

Jack had tweeted at some point that she'd once "stood in for Ruby Rose on set". In reality she was an extra in a music video for a relatively unknown (sorry Stooshe) girlband. The video was set in a prison very much with an 'Orange is the New Black' vibe which is a programme which stars Ruby Rose.

I mean... there's exaggeration and then there's Jack's Truth.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
They do scream scam - I have only just had a delve and find it baffling anyone would sign up to it. I *think* Jack promised exclusive recipes and regular postcards with recipes (are you tempted yet?).
Danny Baker (of the £156k pa - sorry but I'm a bit obsessed by this) does access to podcasts and newsletter type stuff on a regular basis. All well and good but pocketing that much money for it? They try to sugarcoat the grifting as 'we're building a community' but grifting it is.
Indeed. But then anyone mad enough to decide that dedicating £5-10 of their pay cheque to a work shy freeloaded like Monroe or a talentless hack like Baker, deserve all the scamming they get.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Prue Leith is all up in Jack's niche, just read an interview in the Radio Times about her (Hellmans sponsored 🤭) show with Dr Rupy.
Here's one of her top tips for food waste:
MAKE SALAD SALSA
Limp salad leaves can be turned into the most delicious salsa verde to top meat, fish or veg — just whizz in a blender with olive oil, capers, garlic and mustard. You can add beetroot leaves, watercress, anything at all, really. People buy too much bagged salad and it always goes limp after a few days. It does cheer up if you tip it into water, but then you have to dry it again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Indeed. But then anyone mad enough to decide that dedicating £5-10 of their pay cheque to a work shy freeloaded like Monroe or a talentless hack like Baker, deserve all the scamming they get.
Some will have been duped by Jack though from when she gives the impression she's struggling financially.

Before I became a frau I thought she was genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
At least she's restrained herself from telling us yet again how she was once so hungry she stuffed her energy bill into a old bread roll she wrestled from a pigeon. And ate it.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The thing that is so annoying about her Glastonbury reporting is that it's more than OK not to like it and not to attend it. Or to go and say: You know what, that was not for me. Good for you, not for me. And then to move on.

What's the point of going to to a music festival and then to compain about the typical things that are part of it? Being a boring moan is really her MO, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Thread #63 Post #7 onwards I think.

Jack had tweeted at some point that she'd once "stood in for Ruby Rose on set". In reality she was an extra in a music video for a relatively unknown (sorry Stooshe) girlband. The video was set in a prison very much with an 'Orange is the New Black' vibe which is a programme which stars Ruby Rose.

I mean... there's exaggeration and then there's Jack's Truth.
Oh god that's hilarious, what a reach fack, no wonder I couldn't compute it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I wouldn’t like to go to Glastonbury. I hate the idea of camping as I hate insects so hate mud and bugs. So I wouldn’t go to Glastonbury. I don’t understand why Jack would want to go there to a place that is fun but feel the need to wear a stab vest, it just doesn’t make any sense!
🤔 mackie, fun, does not compute

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’m blocked on my main Twitter account but I have another work account I rarely use. I just had a search for her and got this.
944D6DE6-27A6-402A-B8B1-34A722388FA5.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.