Jack Monroe #19 Is it a show? Miguel's not sure. I am Jack, hear me ROAR!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hyperbole.

You graft? I work harder.
You lift? I lift bulker items.
You come up with ideas? I come up with maverick ones.
You work 23 hours a day? I work 60.
You self-deprecate about your own abilities? I do too, but it is a humble brag in disguise.

I could go on.

There is nothing wrong with being motivated, full of ideas, wanting to help people. However there is no need to be *THE MOST* at everything. Not everything is a competition to be the most extreme. Focus on niche, hone skills, take constructive feedback, be humble, accept other people can be good at similar things too. Read the room. Stop chasing clout and praise but instead, improve, learn etc etc.

There is always the possibility of self-improvement. Soften the ego a little bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Fucksake loads of people do phoners into radio stations EVEN during non-pandemic times. The radio hadn’t gone away.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I keep thinking about her admin assistant being furloughed when she's posting stuff like this. I appreciate events etc being cancelled but surely stints like Daily Kitchen, Hellishslop-mans and a book launch would counteract this?!
Oh hello. Are we related?!

She's had an online shop for years and still hasn't figured out how to do international shipping.
Screenshot_20200528-001443.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 28

She's had an online shop for years and still hasn't figured out how to do international shipping.View attachment 139774
that’s ok Jack he only wanted to buy a bloody signed copy of YOUR book but you can’t be bothered to google pricing to the Netherlands for him. Not even a thank you for the support!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Lugging books again. I mean, I know her shoulders can carry fifteen stone 🙄, but Louisa could offer to help, maybe? 🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10

She's had an online shop for years and still hasn't figured out how to do international shipping.View attachment 139774
I can just imagine the look on the faces of the people in the queue behind her while she has this *big chat* about the ins and outs of international shipping. If she really hasn't a clue (unlikely) why can't she just look on the Royal Mail website?
Everything is such a drama, it must be exhausting to be her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
It took me seconds to go to Royal mail and find the cost for shipping internationally.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yes, she'll send a book to a big fan in the Netherlands but not before she makes it known WHAT AN ABSOLUTE bleeping BIND IT WILL BE.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33

How in the fuckity duck does that take a week? I'm pretty sure you could get on the post office website right now and have a price in less than 10 bleeping minutes, give him your PayPal, let him pay you and sling him a book for his lovely wife who for some bewildering reason is a goddamn fan, you can also go to a post office and still have no bleeping contact with anyone, but so what if you did have contact? You sat on a train the other day and kicked someone, oh Jack, what a short memory you have..... Also, when people say nice tit to you online, the polite thing to do is say thank you, that's lovely or something to that effect.... You're such an asshole 🖕🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I've just downloaded a sample of her book onto my kindle and I'm going in🤪

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Another promo tweet from her, at, erm, twenty five to one in the morning. The publishers must have washed their hands of this book.

Her nails look like mine did after gardening today :LOL: how bizarre not to clean them before taking a photo.
whenever this comes up she claims it’s her cypriot skin and we’re all racists. They do just look grubby there though, although she does use godawful filters (not on her face though, your honour). Grim.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Well what can I say. It was awful, and wouldn't inspire me to buy it even if I'd never found the first thread here. It's all mememe and one of her favourite words gnarly has made an appearance to describe swedes!
I took a screenshot...
I read this out to hubby and he says it sounds like she has the same editor/proof reader as eel James 🤮

This statement about the knives fills me with horror

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
If you need six commas in a sentence you should probably, instead, choose a bleeping full stop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
If you need six commas in a sentence you should probably, instead, choose a bleeping full stop.
Was just gonna say... if one of my students submitted this I'd put a snarky little comment like "far too many commas; work on your sentence structure". Does this woman not have an editor?! Or does she do that herself too, hence the 57 hour days...?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Well what can I say. It was awful, and wouldn't inspire me to buy it even if I'd never found the first thread here. It's all mememe and one of her favourite words gnarly has made an appearance to describe swedes!
I took a screenshot...
I read this out to hubby and he says it sounds like she has the same editor/proof reader as eel James 🤮

This statement about the knives fills me with horror
I'm a copywriter for a living and I don't even know where to begin with this oh my GOD 😂 Who on Earth approved this 😂 Why is the sofa seductively comfortable, yet impractically blue?!

And thats before you get onto having one knife in the kitchen?!? Is this like how she only uses one type vinegar yet also mentions in other interviews that she has drawers full of the stuff?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.