Jack Monroe #19 Is it a show? Miguel's not sure. I am Jack, hear me ROAR!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to agree, there is something about her that makes all my senses on edge. You can just tell it’s all an act and she isn’t real - and the 50’s headscarf with the plaid shirt is yuk yuk yuk. She’s fake, she’s a liar and she plays every disability card she can while jumping about. If she’s claiming any sort of disability related benefit, I hope the fraud squad are out on her quicker than you can say Hellman’s.

And the fact she won’t even just admit she uses filters....astounding. What’s even more astounding is her twats lap it up and believe it.
social media is a strange thing at the moment. A colleague of mine posted a story talking about a single negative comment out of about 40 on their recent post. ( We’re in a creative industry).
I immediately went to check out this awful negative comment and it was something along the lines of “this is cute, not keen on the composition”. That was it!
So the person replied with a passive aggressive reply then jumped on stories to have a moan about it. 🙄

Yes social media should be a positive place and not a place for nastiness and hate but ffs there should be space for a difference of opinion without having a hissy fit!
Surely It’s unhealthy to post things just for validation?

And while I’m here, why do people turn into dicks when they have a large number of insta followers? They seem to think they’re celebs, I’m talking anything from 5k up and I’m probably being generous. The ego is insane!

What a strange world we live in.

p.s I’ll stop quoting you now @BeautifulTrauma

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She’s just an awful person, so bleeping blinded by her own ego.
You are so right, how can these sycophants not see what we all do? I would love to just spend 10 minutes with Nigella, the blue tickers et al and tell them some truths. I just don't get it, what the hell are they seeing?

Reactions: 7
I always said I could never kill myself, that if my life got so bad I didn’t think it was worth living, that I’d devote it to helping other people.

When something happened that left me in so much psychological pain that I often wished I was dead just to make it stop I finally understood/had much more empathy for those who live in such torment that they can’t bear it any more.

(This was years ago and I’m mostly fine now).

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Also, I can’t help but think SuperFan must be a bit slow or something along those lines.

I’d love to message her and try to understand her psyche as to why she looks up to Jack and holds her in such high regard? I’ve got my own theory that she’s a born again Christian who can’t admit she’s gay, and Jack in her warped eyes is living some sort of gay crusade lifestyle that she wants for herself.

I just find the obsession.......odd.

Without diverting from JM - I did notice that the ongoing mouldy sweet potatoes and excess beetroot issues were addressed with several tips from non-JM posters, but these were all ignored. The whole dynamic on her feed is strange. Jack polices it like Caligula, and followers mirror her behaviour.

Prime example below of the fakery. Note that they don't refer to an undeniably uncool act like Steps or Rick Astley. Bring on the sycophantic enablers!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been reading the Insta comments today on the back of her show and the behaviour shown by her ‘fans’ is bordering on hateful.

Apparently if you don’t like something you can just turn it off, the passive aggressive retort of any Jackolite. What they can’t comprehend is why people slate a show that in their eyes is brilliant and amazing and Jack is the best presenter ever and how dare someone say they’d like some recipe inspiration rather than a meal a seven year old can make.

Sorry guys, I’m off to whack my head off a wall in pure frustration at these morons.
I couldn’t resist pointing out the irony to a few who said things like “why so nasty? Get a life”/ “that’s rude, crawl back under a rock” and got an eye roll and a “that’s nice dear” back. 😂

• Haha
I’ve concluded that Jack and Ruby Tandoh are devoting their life’s work to hating everything and everyone, especially men in power. They both spout about politics and play the victim and seem to be missing even an ounce of joy in their souls. And their food offerings look like vomit. Rinsed vomit. Probably just need a can of chickpeas chucked in though.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I always said I could never kill myself, that if my life got so bad I didn’t think it was worth living, that I’d devote it to helping other people.

When something happened that left me in so much psychological pain that I often wished I was dead just to make it stop I finally understood/had much more empathy for those who live in such torment that they can’t bear it any more.

(This was years ago and I’m mostly fine now).
I wish you well and hope that you have someone to comfort you. My mother killed herself when she was 52 and I don't think that I'll really get over it although I have tucked it away for a long time now. It's like carrying a massive rucksack of rocks on your back, initially you don't think that you can place one foot in front of another but then you realise that you have to and keep plodding on. After a while you straighten up and march quicker and in the end you don't even notice the rucksack and it just becomes a part of you x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I know the thread has moved on but oh my God the Instagram video from last night was just painful to watch. Total cringe

Reactions: 15
I wish I could quote across threads, but I can't. Thank you, @Instabums and @Flumps for raising this. Lawd, I always derail these threads with my mental health revelations, sorry lads. But you lot are actually very good for my mental health! There's a headline, eh - Tattle helps someone's well-being. Whodathunkit...

My Dad took his own life when I was 14, and I resolutely told myself time and time again that, as someone who had been on the receiving end, I would never do it. Having known the jagged tear it leaves in people's lives, and the trauma, and the questions, and the uncertainty, and the doubt that you were ever worthy of love...well. I couldn't in all good conscience consider it.

I had a bit of a revelation a year or so ago when a friend of mine, who has Borderline Personality Disorder, talked in very matter-of-fact terms about how suicide is an option to her in the same way that phoning the Samaritans, or taking antidepressants, or going for a walk may be. Literally, all on the same level. What interested me was how unalarmed and calm she was about it. Not playing it down, but acknowledging how it's part of her regular thought process and something that her husband regularly and calmly helps her down from. Every time.

To Moglits of Old, suicide was the absolute last resort and you gotta slam the big red alarm button whenever anyone even flirts with it. But learning through my friend helped me see that not everyone sees it that way.

Last week, I Googled how to hang myself. I didn't have much of an intention of doing it - too much of a horrible legacy there, method and all - but I watched my thumbs tap it into my phone and thought "huh." For the first time, it felt like a slightly viable option even though in the pit of my belly I knew I wouldn't do it. But I was arming myself, somehow, and I felt a shift in how I considered things.

I don't quite know what the point of this post is, other than these threads have opened my eyes, heart, and mind to so much, and I'm very grateful for it.
Just catching up and oh my goodness, I’m sorry for what you’ve been through and what you’re going through right now. Please try to keep an eye on your mental health as that seems like quite a sudden drop (obviously I don’t know the context) and seek help if you need it. I feel like not challenging these feelings starts you on a slippery slope that’s never needed but especially not in these weird times x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know we have that list as long as your arm of all the jobs she's done but reading those articles made me realise how many opportunities she's had that she's either:

A) squandered away leaving her literally a Jack of all trades and needing her patreon begging bowl or
B) done very well out of and has a freelance portfolio career that has provided a decent (if unsteady) income which makes the patreon even more unpalatable.

I don't know which option is worse. So many people (myself included) would love a faction of the opportunities she's had and yet she's just poor old incompetent, 'don't pick on her it's tight', Jack.
Updated list:
Chip shop worker
Call handler - Essex Fire & Rescue Service
Sex worker
Chef
Author
Poet
Photographer
Supermarket worker
Bar worker/shot server
Body Shop rep
Singer
Politician (potentially)
Reporter
Journalist
Political activist
Sunday school teacher
TV presenter

I'm not sure that I have the emotional bandwidth for much more tonight. I keep crying with laughter at the worse things that you have ever done thread and and think that I should go and grout the last little bits of my mosaic until it is collected tomorrow. N'nite, lovelies x

Reactions: 17
I've been looking at Miguel's recipes...interesting. Might try one for my dinner this week. maybe not the promo JM is looking for.

Jack, I really don't think you're supposed to use camping stoves indoors.
At the start of lockdown I got in a total slump with cooking, both freelance so we were scrimping until we knew when we could work again (husband not for ages yet, me thankfully a bit now) and I used Miguel's £1 vegetarian book a lot. A fair repetition of ingredients which guess is due to th cost implications of others, but a good variety of meal ideas. Really helped me when I needed it.

Reactions: 14
Here's another similar one
417CCD4D-63D7-40FF-9E72-3AB23FAEA08B.jpeg

Jesus bleeping Christ

I mean I get what she’s trying to say - the U.K. is far from a post-poverty utopia. I’ve seen countless news reports & academic studies that show that time and time again the U.K. is lagging behind similarly rich nations in so many ways, I have personal experience of how messed up the system can be, I know other people have similar experiences, etc etc etc

But you just don’t compare Southend to Tanzania. It’s a different kettle of fish (don’t be taking recipe inspiration from that phrase, Jack)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
View attachment 139561

Jesus bleeping Christ

I mean I get what she’s trying to say - the U.K. is far from a post-poverty utopia. I’ve seen countless news reports & academic studies that show that time and time again the U.K. is lagging behind similarly rich nations in so many ways, I have personal experience of how messed up the system can be, I know other people have similar experiences, etc etc etc

But you just don’t compare Southend to Tanzania. It’s a different kettle of fish (don’t be taking recipe inspiration from that phrase, Jack)
I do wonder (pure speculation, of course) if it's this meeting that inspired Jack to add sex work to her back story.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
View attachment 139561

Jesus bleeping Christ

Jesus duck.

I've worked in hospitals across that region and seen things that were so distressing, I had terrible flashbacks for a very long time.

Fairly sure I could visit Southend and return potentially sad but otherwise untraumatised (although that man with the gammy leg sounds quite distressing).

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I wish you well and hope that you have someone to comfort you. My mother killed herself when she was 52 and I don't think that I'll really get over it although I have tucked it away for a long time now. It's like carrying a massive rucksack of rocks on your back, initially you don't think that you can place one foot in front of another but then you realise that you have to and keep plodding on. After a while you straighten up and march quicker and in the end you don't even notice the rucksack and it just becomes a part of you x
My sibling died a while ago now. It wasn't suicide but it was traumatic. Generally we don't talk about losing a sibling and I don't think people realise how important a loss it can be. I love the analogy of a rucksack. That's exactly how I felt and feel to this day. Sometimes its heavy, sometimes not but for me it's always there because my sibling is always missing.

Sorry, off topic but wanted to acknowledge your post. Back to Jack.....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I do wonder (pure speculation, of course) if it's this meeting that inspired Jack to add sex work to her back story.
Interesting theory - so she never mentioned sex work until after the Tanzania trip?
I hope to god this isn’t true as it’s so gross, but I put nothing past Jack

The marketing company behind the Hellman's / Unilever ads must have spent a pretty penny on advertising to push jack into feeds as one of her promo videos has 10 times more views than she usually gets. All for 300 odd viewers to watch a "cook" that doesn't know that potatoes come in variety's and did nothing to explain why the branded mayo is worth paying three times the price of the Lidl alternative. *Slow clap* 👏
Screenshot_2020-05-27-20-21-32-611_com.instagram.android.jpg

It's just so offbrand to be promoting a brand when that woman has spent her whole career talking about taking the cheaper option. She even said she prefers carrots to sweet potatoes as they're cheaper, that was one of the highlights in her showreel 😆

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Jesus duck.

I've worked in hospitals across that region and seen things that were so distressing, I had terrible flashbacks for a very long time.

Fairly sure I could visit Southend and return potentially sad but otherwise untraumatised (although that man with the gammy leg sounds quite distressing).
Yup. There’s some crappy areas and people in bad situations here but that’s the same in most places across the uk. It’s no where near Tanzania levels (from what I’ve read of it)

There’s quite a few tattlers around this area, we’d show you the nicer places!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.