Jack Monroe #19 Is it a show? Miguel's not sure. I am Jack, hear me ROAR!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am going to have to watch it on +1 as I was laughing at your posts and hardly looked at the TV screen. I want to see Eamonn's face.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Morning!

I'm not watching it, but I do have a thing for light, pretty food full of fruit and veg when I'm feeling crap. And I'm very keen on doing things to deal with the association between uncontrolled inflammation and mental health (fairly new thing in research, but it counteracts the 'you only think you're in pain because you're depressed' bollocks).

What I would do with the sort of ingredients that have been mentioned is;

Grate some garlic. Gently (very gently) cook it in a small pan to infuse a little mild olive oil (or vegetable/rice bran/something with a light flavour - rapeseed has a better ratio of Omega 3s, as does Rice bran, Olive also has 9s, too). Tip it into a small jar and drop in a small stripped strand of Thyme - I planted a supermarket pot in a bowl last month and it's massive now - or a tiny single sprig of Rosemary from the one I stuck in a gap in the concrete path and is loving it. Leave to cool/infuse.

Use the green veg, the beans (expensive but maybe I'll be able to grow Runners this year - as long as the Fluffy Arsed Gitbag doesn't eat her way around the leaves like I found her doing this morning) or courgettes cut into sticks and cook by rapid boiling in a frying pan with the lid on, taking them out as soon as they go luminous green.

Shake the infused oil, adding a bit more to it if necessary, with lemon juice and then toss the beans/courgette through it, adding decent goat or ewes' milk feta, a load of pepper and some finely chopped herbs on top. Being a scavenging ratbag, I also know where I can get my hands upon wild Marjoram without it having been crapped on by assorted dogs - that would be even better in terms of flavour and the little purple-pink flowers make it look silly pretty.

For Kale, put it in mashed potato, turn it into chilli Kale Crisps/crispy seaweed or stirfrying with garlic, ginger, chilli and a blob of oyster or plum sauce. Or shred it with other random leafy things like Chard, spinach, salad bags, cook in a pan, add grated nutmeg and then stir through the cheapest cream cheese/soft goats cheese, add a load of pepper and then use it for linguini or knock up some pastry and make a pasty out of it.

Stuff like that looks and tastes great.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Therefore SB was left on his own on Saturday morning when ‘shin gate’ happened with weird bloke on a train , before 7am, whilst she went into town OR he was at his dad’s and therefore she’s had help with childcare! Which one is it I wonder?
Although to be fair, if his dad has him that’s parenting, rather than childcare. That’s what her immunocompromised mother is for - free childcare...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Initially Eamon said she was doing the pasta dish accompanied by some sort of chicken. Clearly ran out of time waiting for the pasta to boil!
The chicken scarpered when it saw what she was cooking. Even chickens are scared of her food.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Silly us it was ALL EAMON’s FAULT. He had the audacity to be actually doing is job well, keeping to the timings. But that put too much pressure on JM. Her defenders are on the hunt again! 🙄
92CED032-6F15-4406-B14B-C9F819F0D4BA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
AND STOP SAYING YOU'RE STRESSED ALL THE TIME IT IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL

Sometimes I feel like Jack is a figment of my imagination - the embodiment of all my subconscious anxieties about embarrassing myself in public

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
And now we go back to Jack's shed, where the chicken that was supposed to go in the lingreenie is still cooking.

89db10fc60b7f6242095a3bb3b657c45.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Easy way to have hot pasta waiting is -

Boil Kettle. Fill Pan and get it to a rolling boil.

Drop pasta in, swirl around, bring back to boil

Put lid on. Turn heat off. Leave it alone for ten minutes.

Perfect pasta whenever you're ready for it. And it saves gas/electric.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
So I had to pause it and finish school work with the kids, finished watching it and after son calling it slip, my daughter asked “why does the lady have to keep asking the one cooking what’s in the pot?”. Son replies “it’s not cooking, it’s blending”

• Haha
I just don't understand why that wasn't rehearsed to an inch of it's life. That stuff should of been pre blended no excuse for that noise and pottering for more pasta water on air.
If you have a 4 min segment you time it ot be done in 3mins 15. That allows for nerves. She's shite. End of.
Get Shivvi on

Reactions: 14
Although to be fair, if his dad has him that’s parenting, rather than childcare. That’s what her immunocompromised mother is for - free childcare...
I see what you mean and would normally agree that a parent looking after their own kid is parenting, not childcare. However she was obviously implying that she was all alone looking after her kid 24/7, which is a slap in the face to the parents who actually are :rolleyes: why can she never acknowledge any privilege?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.