Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Celebrating getting one over on the person with least power or agency in the room is really not healthy for a person, or their relationships, or their public image. It's like duper's delight, they think no-one can see it, but it's fully visible.
Totally agree but dupers delight is usually much more subtle facial movements, tiny, she's literally dancing with glee at getting one over on her 10 (11) year old child. Hard not to spot the thrilled 🛎🔚 being a total cnut about it. Horrible really how pleased she is to be the winner there. As you say, indicates something very unhealthy in the relationship x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Haha my first search was Seasalt, my second was Joules. Just came here to post my findings but of course I was beaten to it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Totally agree but dupers delight is usually much more subtle facial movements, tiny, she's literally dancing with glee at getting one over on her 10 (11) year old child. Hard not to spot the thrilled 🛎🔚 being a total cnut about it. Horrible really how pleased she is to be the winner there. As you say, indicates something very unhealthy in the relationship x
Totally agree. I meant that she thinks she's being subtle and whimsical and coy about it but very very obviously isn't x

Reactions: 30
Now where have I seen that yellow mac before...
...Of course!
Dear fraus I give you, Keeping Faith-Eve Miles Jack. Guess what she's been watching....👀

20210513_220511.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I think she mentioned before that she bought this coat at Joules on the infamous (celery) Edinburgh trip. Didn't she give the Nutribullet away in a (fancy!) Joules bag? I may have made that part up. I'm chuckling so hard at this random info I know about her, but she tweeted it all! 😂
sounds about right, think she's just driven me into a fugue state where I can't remember stuff. thinking about it, I do believe it is the coat from the whimsical cartoon filter pic of her and SB looking like a winnie the pooh meme

eta here it is!

20210513_221103.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She can't understand the terminology on her bills but she certainly knows how to order a shedload of very expensive Cotswold sideboards the disingenuous mendacious 🛎🔚
Can I just clarify that this bellend is neither disingenuous, and only very mildly mendacious?
I also don’t own any Cotswold stuff, and all my eggs are cooked. Cough. So to speak 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I've just realised that my 15 year old seagrass magazine rack is from the Cotswold company! I'm so fancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think it’s a combination of the angle and a lack of facetune. To be honest I think it’s a nice enough picture, and it helps that her eyes are closed to avoid any Eyes Of Sauron!
They’re hiding underneath The Fringe 😉

I can’t really comment on her looks...hair is something I don’t have, and what she does appearance wise is her choice...but it’s a bit crap if she HAS had it done professionally and is claiming a DIY job. Not wanting to 🔺 myself, but I called out a client on FB for this recently, who had a right go at a few of my chaps for an external repaint job (which was spit spot chef’s kiss perfect, done on time etc). Client, I found out was a proper Dire Straits grifter who constantly complained and threatened to leave bad reviews for smol (😉) companies like mine unless they received a discount. They then, I found quite by chance, posted on FB about how incredible their handiwork was and what skills they’d gained in lockdown!!! So I asked where they’d got the scaffolding from to repaint a three storey Manor House, and posted photos of various stages of my team repainting it. I’d love to say I had the last laugh -they deleted and blocked me, but it felt good to have the receipts, so to speak.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I know we’ve moved onto #grombre now, but I’ve just caught up the weird energy video. I love how in the video she’s just another random bill payer. Do we think Octopus energy paid for her input as part of the #partnership? As per her previous sponcon it’s put me off the brand for life - good work fack.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry @Fruitjack I eat dinner at 18:30 every night but the Onion Police kicked my door in and hauled me off to Onion Custardy. My Onion Solicitor explained that I wasn't personally responsible for the creation of headrush spaghetti and it was all a big misunderstanding so they gave me an Onion Caution and let me go. Anyway, I'm here now and let me tell you, I've been on a ride.

Here are my ingredients (minus the garlic) so you can see the vegan replacements I made should you wish to replicate the recipe. It turns out dried mushrooms can go bad if you have ignored them since 2016 but fortunately I had real mushrooms that I dried out in the oven according to Jack's instructions. To be fair it did actually work but I had sliced them as thin as humanly possible with a very sharp santoku knife. There's no way cack-handed Jack could get them that thin, she'd probs have to get her son to mandoline them for her. I also had to roast the garlic properly since I don't have a microwave and wouldn't want to have to explain headrush spaghetti to the firemen putting out the blaze in my flat anyway.

ingredients.jpg
mushrooms.jpg

There's very little actual cooking involved in this recipe, it's just boiling the spaghetti and mixing everything else together in a bowl then adding the spaghetti. I was able to crush the remaining life out of my mushrooms with my fingers because they were so thin but if you followed her suggestion of cutting up dried mushrooms with scissors or hitting them with a rolling pin you'd be left with huge chunks of leathery mushroom. Looking at the garlic, cream, mushrooms, oil and white chocolate in the bowl I had a brief moment of 'what the duck am I doing with my life'

Here it is before adding the final touches (this is a small rice bowl, I also have massive man hands so please excuse those)

unfinished.jpg

And its final form with some fresh parsley and cheese:

finished.jpg

Verdict: it's hideous. Absolutely irredeemable. Not just weird but actively repulsive. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be quite that bad. There is no possible way that this is not a joke. I've been had. What a mug. I think in my scaling down of the recipe I put a bit too much white chocolate in but then I also think that any amount of white chocolate is too much. A creamy mushroom and garlic spaghetti dish sounds quite nice but even if you just removed the white chocolate, this recipe still wouldn't hold up. It's dry AF. Even the mushrooms are dried duck's saaaaaaaaake.

I'm taking you to Onion Court to sue for damages, Jack. My Onion Legal Team will be in contact shortly.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 131
So she's clinging to her youth. Why doesn't she just accept she is an aul doll now like the rest of us. I honestly couldn't care less.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Sorry @Fruitjack I eat dinner at 18:30 every night but the Onion Police kicked my door in and hauled me off to Onion Custardy. My Onion Solicitor explained that I wasn't personally responsible for the creation of headrush spaghetti and it was all a big misunderstanding so they gave me an Onion Caution and let me go. Anyway, I'm here now and let me tell you, I've been on a ride.

Here are my ingredients (minus the garlic) so you can see the vegan replacements I made should you wish to replicate the recipe. It turns out dried mushrooms can go bad if you have ignored them since 2016 but fortunately I had real mushrooms that I dried out in the oven according to Jack's instructions. To be fair it did actually work but I had sliced them as thin as humanly possible with a very sharp santoku knife. There's no way cack-handed Jack could get them that thin, she'd probs have to get her son to mandoline them for her. I also had to roast the garlic properly since I don't have a microwave and wouldn't want to have to explain headrush spaghetti to the firemen putting out the blaze in my flat anyway.

View attachment 573117 View attachment 573119

There's very little actual cooking involved in this recipe, it's just boiling the spaghetti and mixing everything else together in a bowl then adding the spaghetti. I was able to crush the remaining life out of my mushrooms with my fingers because they were so thin but if you followed her suggestion of cutting up dried mushrooms with scissors or hitting them with a rolling pin you'd be left with huge chunks of leathery mushroom. Looking at the garlic, cream, mushrooms, oil and white chocolate in the bowl I had a brief moment of 'what the duck am I doing with my life'

Here it is before adding the final touches (this is a small rice bowl, I also have massive man hands so please excuse those)

View attachment 573125

And its final form with some fresh parsley and cheese:

View attachment 573126

Verdict: it's hideous. Absolutely irredeemable. Not just weird but actively repulsive. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be quite that bad. There is no possible way that this is not a joke. I've been had. What a mug. I think in my scaling down of the recipe I put a bit too much white chocolate in but then I also think that any amount of white chocolate is too much. A creamy mushroom and garlic spaghetti dish sounds quite nice but even if you just removed the white chocolate, this recipe still wouldn't hold up. It's dry AF. Even the mushrooms are dried duck's saaaaaaaaake.

I'm taking you to Onion Court to sue for damages, Jack. My Onion Legal Team will be in contact shortly.
Oh Sidey B. You deserve a medal, you really do. Brave, brave Frau 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.