Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, she did once threaten to educate her "stupidly large platform" on Myanmar. Then she must've got distracted by some dibdabs or something, because she never spoke of it again.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
Slightly OT but the book I'm reading is set in Southend. Yup. At Southend police station.
Policing the good people of Southend.

The book is The Darkest Grave by Solomon Carter, currently free on Amazon Kindle app.

#notanAD

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I can't get over her claims to have cut the fringe with a RULER. Surely Craft Jack has a tape measure, which would still be weird but might make slightly more sense? But a ruler??? Apparently the Treatment is not for compulsive lying - or if it is, Jack should ask for a refund.
The ruler has baffled me. Plus, EMBROIDERY scissors?? I’m not an embroiderer, but aren’t those scissors tiny, and would be useless for cutting hair?

It shows (in my opinion m’lud) that she’s not in the crappy bungalow. If(!) she really did cut it herself then the only scissors she would have to hand would be the ones from her embroidery kit. LJC why do I care about this 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Slightly OT but the book I'm reading is set in Southend. Yup. At Southend police station.
Policing the good people of Southend.

The book is The Darkest Grave by Solomon Carter, currently free on Amazon Kindle app.

#notanAD
But is it any good?

No mention of a smol pixie scampering around the yellow sticker aisle in the local foodstore I assume.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The ruler has baffled me. Plus, EMBROIDERY scissors?? I’m not an embroiderer, but aren’t those scissors tiny, and would be useless for cutting hair?

It shows (in my opinion m’lud) that she’s not in the crappy bungalow. If(!) she really did cut it herself then the only scissors she would have to hand would be the ones from her embroidery kit. LJC why do I care about this 🤣
You'd never get a fringe that straight with embroidery scissors, it would be too much little snipping. Plus the scissors would be fucked for sewing usage after going through hair, especially thick hair like Jack's.

I'm in the professionally done camp. And it was done that day too, not the few days she claims.

Well, she did once threaten to educate her "stupidly large platform" on Myanmar. Then she must've got distracted by some dibdabs or something, because she never spoke of it again.
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not like I *want* her to stick her oar in. It's just that sometimes her ME ME ME posts can seem more jarring and tone deaf than usual. And when you've got a timeline filled with news and important stuff, and then she pops up hawking energy suppliers and taking selfies, it just seems completely incongruous.

• Heart
Yeah don't get me wrong, it's not like I *want* her to stick her oar in. It's just that sometimes her ME ME ME posts can seem more jarring and tone deaf than usual. And when you've got a timeline filled with news and important stuff, and then she pops up hawking energy suppliers and taking selfies, it just seems completely incongruous.
I know what you mean. She lives in a very smol bubble. She'll pick up a cause very briefly, get Twitter rage, then forget about it forever.

And it's ridiculous because she presents herself as a brilliant political mind with her finger on the pulse...

• Heart
Reactions: 46
This SM grifting will all come tumbling down, mark my words. This sort of stuff has a lifespan, and is a novelty thing for a year or two. Once it has been done, once someone gets a house for nothing, people will attempt to jump on the bandwagon and it stops dead. It is unsustainable for any length of time.
Someone did this whole trade thing about ten or more years ago. Big red paperclip or something?

I just think what a twatty way to behave.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I have never known treatment for the big C or otherwise to be so intense and last this long. My dad had both primary and secondary cancer the secondary turning out to be terminal and apart from his stay in an actual hospital due to his surgery. He popped up and down as and when his appointments were. They werent daily and he didn't have to stay anywhere to receive it.

I really don't think her treatment is for that.
Agreed. I would wager my annual salary that it's one of the following;
- cosmetic procedure (teeth, lips, that massive schnoz or her unruly labia)
- bugger all, attention seeking pish
- getting the tongue of one of her acolytes surgically removed from her arse

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I know what you mean. She lives in a very smol bubble. She'll pick up a cause very briefly, get Twitter rage, then forget about it forever.

And it's ridiculous because she presents herself as a brilliant political mind with her finger on the pulse...
Yeah I think the thing is, is that she paints herself as some sort of leftwing activist. But only when she thinks she can do a viral tweet, she doesn't care otherwise, it's all about *her* numbers. Which is why she seems to find it so difficult to even retweet anyone else, without some sort of comment on it (never mind just, you know, liking other people's posts). What she does is the opposite of collective action, because she wants to stick herself at the forefront of any activism, instead of just quietly supporting the people who are actually trying to make change.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
My heart dropped at the fringe pic as I was already regretting my (cheap as Covid chips as I am POOR) yellow Mac - went on a weekend jaunt to a seaside town 🔺 and every other woman of a certain age was wearing one. I am a woman of a certain age. Am I older Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Agreed. I would wager my annual salary that it's one of the following;
- cosmetic procedure (teeth, lips, that massive schnoz or her unruly labia)
- bugger all, attention seeking pish
- getting the tongue of one of her acolytes surgically removed from her arse
But I don’t understand why she’d have to stay away from home for 5 weeks if it was any of them? Surely you would get the procedure, stay in facility for recovery then home? And travel back for any follow-up appointments.

I still think it’s an out-patient rehab facility and the work they do has been helping her with her social media addiction*

*I don’t believe for a second she was off SM all that time - I’m sure she’d liked post(s) and I’m convinced she was nebbing in here, there and everywhere with socket puppet accounts.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
My heart dropped at the fringe pic as I was already regretting my (cheap as Covid chips as I am POOR) yellow Mac - went on a weekend jaunt to a seaside town 🔺 and every other woman of a certain age was wearing one. I am a woman of a certain age. Am I older Jack?
I have the same one in navy blue🔺another compelling argument for the 1978 truthers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
honestly, I'm torn between "ffs, stop wasting food making these absurd recipes, fraus" and "Louisa J Christ, these are bleeping hilarious" 😭

I kinda really want to try something of hers for the shits and giggles. need something low stakes that can go on the big tree stump up the road where everyone leaves leftovers for the squirrels
Will be checking the papers for your arrest for mass squirrel poisoning 😂
125b4cceb0d34be4a6dbf04355b89e39.0.jpg

ETA apologies for word proximity this was composed during a zoom meeting 😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
But I don’t understand why she’d have to stay away from home for 5 weeks if it was any of them? Surely you would get the procedure, stay in facility for recovery then home? And travel back for any follow-up appointments.

I still think it’s an out-patient rehab facility and the work they do has been helping her with her social media addiction*

*I don’t believe for a second she was off SM all that time - I’m sure she’d liked post(s) and I’m convinced she was nebbing in here, there and everywhere with socket puppet accounts.

I make it 7 weeks since she found a little happy place. I would imagine the crappy bungalow is now undergoing a major reno for the next tenant or buyer.

1620988565315.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.