Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have the yellow Joules coat (Xmas present because I RENT) but I feel so old and dowdy in it that I now hate it. My teenage daughter won’t be seen with me in it as I look like Georgie from IT, god rest his soul.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
There‘s surely no way Jack could be away from home for this amount of time for teeth/gum stuff. It has to be 70-day rehab type treatment. She’s dropped enough hints...

Reactions: 30
it would be usual in rehab to address other, neglected, health concerns. dental, gynae, etc so she may well be having treatment for these too. But she is definitely a rehab outpatient.

Reactions: 26
Seems like Thursday is the day off, that seems to be when the peeky mink pops up.

Re- fringe/tweakments, I have Botox (well not recently, but still) I’m very open about it. After having some, there were always people asking whether I had changed my hair or make up as it’s hard to work out what has changed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I have the yellow Joules coat (Xmas present because I RENT) but I feel so old and dowdy in it that I now hate it. My teenage daughter won’t be seen with me in it as I look like Georgie from IT, god rest his soul.
I’ll be honest, I immediately think of Pennywise when I see someone in a yellow raincoat. I had nightmares for weeks after that film.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Once upon a time I wanted a yellow rain coat, but now everyone has one. I have a red regatta one. The end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Why does she keep talking about being prodded and poked if it's rehab though?

Sainsbury's did a lovely yellow mac last year, kicking myself for not buying it. I love a Scandi mac.

Reactions: 26
Cabal Confessions:

I too have a navy Joules coat 🔺

And, this is hard to say, but... I make veg trimming stock - I maintain it's normal though, I don't save onion skins (I use an actual chopped onion) and the trimmings are all washed.
That’s where you’re going wrong: washing the peelings. Bet you wash your hands as well 😉🤣

Do you think this is a transition for Jack, where she is using therapy, to go into a new life without being in the media as a cook and a poverty campaigner? (I use the last two terms loosely btw). X
Yes, absolutely. A career is a career is a career (I use THAT term loosely as well 🤣)

Oh yes, they do tell you to do that so people think you've just got a new hairdo and not an entirely new face.
Source: well-to-do older mums on yon parenting website also frequented by visitors to Thread 31 of this parish.
I’d be fucked. I’d need a wig...anyone know of any going spare? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Why does she keep talking about being prodded and poked if it's rehab though?

Sainsbury's did a lovely yellow mac last year, kicking myself for not buying it. I love a Scandi mac.
She might mean mentally/emotionally? But doing the usual Jack trick of not actually lying, but knowing full well people will assume other things from her wording.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I believe minor medical attention (ouchie mouth) tweakments (the eyebrow shaping was a great start) and rehab day patient “away” from home/usual distractions

Reactions: 20
Everyone! Quick! A year’s supply of tinned peaches! A load of Jack’s books!

Actually Mel Donte, I am in the middle of cleaning some grout so am a tad busy at the mo.

Hope you get lots of entries though 😘.

Snap @Susieq22 😂

AA900609-8EEE-4F6B-9A72-89F8E9597C33.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I’d genuinely love a years’ supply of tinned peaches, to be fair. I don’t want a bundle of her books though so am in a Sophie’s Choice quandary. Those peaches though ...

Update: the link does not take me through to a page to enter the Comp, just to a collection of her ‘recipes’. I am appalled at my gullibility. I want peaches, Del Monte, dammit!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
But I don’t understand why she’d have to stay away from home for 5 weeks if it was any of them? Surely you would get the procedure, stay in facility for recovery then home? And travel back for any follow-up appointments.

I still think it’s an out-patient rehab facility and the work they do has been helping her with her social media addiction*

*I don’t believe for a second she was off SM all that time - I’m sure she’d liked post(s) and I’m convinced she was nebbing in here, there and everywhere with socket puppet accounts.
I'm going with either this suggestion or that Jack has gone full Partridge and is now living there because would you give her a reference as a landlord given her rent bounces around more than a smol ADHD pixie?

I’ll be honest, I immediately think of Pennywise when I see someone in a yellow raincoat. I had nightmares for weeks after that film.

Where did you find this gif of Jack preparing to kick someone in the shins?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.