Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how many kilowatt hours it took to set that fireplace up but it looks bloody awful.

As for cutting her fringe with a ruler, absolute BS. Unless she had someone else with her it's not making sense. When I was a kid we all had the home haircuts and mum would use sticky tape on my fringe to make it mostly straight. Mostly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Heroic work indeed @traumatised sideboard with your teeny, tiny bowl. Leathery mushroom and white chocolate pasta is gross? Knock me down with a radiatior-dried sliver of mushroom!

Re the fringe. I am exceedingly jealous of people who can grow proper fringes. I cut myself a kind of side fringe thing a few weeks ago and it looked pretty good. Until the recent monsoon season. After being rained on I ended up with an unflattering kiss curl like Bill Haley.

Poor Bill. He was the hottest thing around with Rock Around The Clock - then he came to Britain and people saw him and he wasn’t the rock god they expected. Career snuffed out as quickly as it takes to make a cup of tea in the slow cooker.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I have never known treatment for the big C or otherwise to be so intense and last this long. My dad had both primary and secondary cancer the secondary turning out to be terminal and apart from his stay in an actual hospital due to his surgery. He popped up and down as and when his appointments were. They werent daily and he didn't have to stay anywhere to receive it.

I really don't think her treatment is for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I have never known treatment for the big C or otherwise to be so intense and last this long. My dad had both primary and secondary cancer the secondary turning out to be terminal and apart from his stay in an actual hospital due to his surgery. He popped up and down as and when his appointments were. They werent daily and he didn't have to stay anywhere to receive it.

I really don't think her treatment is for that.
Absolutely ,the breadcrumb trail making the squigs think it was something very serious like cancer was as we all know for major tip jar rattling ....I reckon they had some ouchy mouth treatment ,sorting out why the hell everything they cook has to be like baby food ..

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Hats off to @traumatised sideboard! Not all heroes wear capes (or maybe you do wear one, who knows...).

I can't get over her claims to have cut the fringe with a RULER. Surely Craft Jack has a tape measure, which would still be weird but might make slightly more sense? But a ruler??? Apparently the Treatment is not for compulsive lying - or if it is, Jack should ask for a refund.

This appeared on my FB feed:

It's the story of a brave, inspirational woman on social media who is trading objects with strangers, her ultimate goal being to trade up to a house. It's tough:

“A lot of comments [about my project] are like, ‘You need to get a job’, and I’m like, Oh my gosh, if they knew I’m working like 12-hour days,” she gestures in disbelief.

And others are joining in:

Skipper hopes more and more people will trade in this way. “Trading evens the playing field more, because everyone has that bobby pin or paperclip.” Thousands of TikTokers are now tagging her project in their own pursuits for anything from cars to college tuition.

Grifting is now a legitimate career path, it seems. What a world!
It's not leveling the playing field, because it only works for the person who can generate attention and who is sympathetic enough.

The nice thing about affordable housing, affordable food, affordable tuition, and affordable utilities is that it is accessible for people that are not good in personal PR, not media savvy, without the right connections etc.

It is also a system to get yourself ahead, it has nothing to do with leveling the playing field for others.

It's bootstrap philosophy to a t.

Not hating on this person per se, but there is nothing inspirational about a system where a young generation can't normally afford tuition and housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Why does she hang all those kitchen utensils in such a messy way. You lift one thing down and the rest would follow.
They are not for lifting off and using, they are for photographing. Nothing she does is for practicality, it is all about the SM photographs for likes and attention.

• Angry
Reactions: 50
i haven't seen this particular picture before and yikes! i assume it's meant to be ~alluring~ what with the grimace and boots on the worktop and all that, but my eyes!
My first thought was "get your shoes off the worktop you absolute scruff" 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Hats off to @traumatised sideboard! Not all heroes wear capes (or maybe you do wear one, who knows...).

I can't get over her claims to have cut the fringe with a RULER. Surely Craft Jack has a tape measure, which would still be weird but might make slightly more sense? But a ruler??? Apparently the Treatment is not for compulsive lying - or if it is, Jack should ask for a refund.

This appeared on my FB feed:

It's the story of a brave, inspirational woman on social media who is trading objects with strangers, her ultimate goal being to trade up to a house. It's tough:

“A lot of comments [about my project] are like, ‘You need to get a job’, and I’m like, Oh my gosh, if they knew I’m working like 12-hour days,” she gestures in disbelief.

And others are joining in:

Skipper hopes more and more people will trade in this way. “Trading evens the playing field more, because everyone has that bobby pin or paperclip.” Thousands of TikTokers are now tagging her project in their own pursuits for anything from cars to college tuition.

Grifting is now a legitimate career path, it seems. What a world!
This SM grifting will all come tumbling down, mark my words. This sort of stuff has a lifespan, and is a novelty thing for a year or two. Once it has been done, once someone gets a house for nothing, people will attempt to jump on the bandwagon and it stops dead. It is unsustainable for any length of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
They are not for lifting off and using, they are for photographing. Nothing she does is for practicality, it is all about the SM photographs for likes and attention.
And because she is trying to emulate that upper class, posh scruffy look. Badly, for sure!

I am in awe at the idea of the spaghetti. It’s beyond words. I would eat 20 of my biscuits before I choked down a single mouthful of that abomination.

I am amused that her big tweets of the past (especially the awful trigger warning free teacher ones) were pre-monetisation. Same with the “Rishi, mate” tears one. How bad must she be itching to put out a good, viral, grifting one. Or a very suggestive “can’t work right now coz of health - self employed/freelancing sucks” etc etc. But she KNOWS at the first hint, it’s going to get pulled apart here. It must be killing her. Over 300k of wallets waiting to get rinsed and she can’t be too blatant about it yet!

I think the bungalow is done for, isn’t it. No more will we be able to judge the relative filthiness of the place. I hope the next tenants appreciate the gorgeous original features, the ample living space, the huge outside storage, the wonderful mature planting - without denigrating it and turning it into a hovel.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Poor bungalow postman - nothing to sniff anymore and piles of uncollected soap blocking the letterbox.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Looking at the fringe picture and comparing it to the room picture on the aparthotel site, she took it in the hotel room. Even with the blurry background it is easy to see the features, the angle it is taken from is almost identical. Now either she is still in the aparthotel (how many weeks at how much!) or it is a picture taken some days ago.

She has taken it in front of floor to ceiling window, with bright sunshine falling directly onto her hair, which would highlight any grey. Why would she do that? For SM interaction, of course. As they say with misbehaviour in children, any attention is better than no attention.

Why do I care. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Yes I remember the picture - it was of her fireplace with footwear arranged in front of it for some reason. Piles of books on either side. A few threads back I think (around the time someone posted the picture of the serial killer tribute kitchen).

ETA found it! Not books but the wierd kitchen utensils bunting.

View attachment 573352
This picture always reminds me of Hagrids hut in Harry Potter. Half expecting a baby dragon to come crawling out from behind the candles.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I became OBSESSED with her nose when she did the mel donte live fiasco.
It has spread all over her face!
I am not one given to commenting on appearances but just looked so different.
I did wonder if part of the poking and jabbing treatment may involve going and getting migrated fillers dissolved...
(Not a beauty expert, and my opinion only, m'lud!)
ETA: Snap @Captainmouse 😁
ETA (again!) - Oooh, I'm Well Known! Makes me feel like Mma Ramotswe from the No1 Ladies Detective Agency - 'It is well known!'

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I was just thinking, she really has no interest in anything other than herself, does she? Like, yesterday was a great day on Glasgow twitter, really emotional and inspiring. And then, on the other side of the coin, there's what's happening in Gaza. Jack, meanwhile, briefly comes back to twitter in order to .... post a selfie. She likes 'Can we talk about ME for a second', completely oblivious to the world around her. It's astounding self-absorption.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.