Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
919513C3-ECD2-40C2-9A16-2109A831A619.jpeg

Jack tried to reposting it correctly but must have changed their mind as it was quickly deleted.
Guessing today’s not a treatment day considering this faffing around on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I didn't understand my utility bills when I first moved out of home. I just paid them when they came in, just like my mum used to. If I had a bad week and couldn't pay on time I called them and got an extension. It seems like younger folk are being made to look and feel stupid, not ideal for young people in an already weird world.
Spot on. How would you know what the terminology meant if you have never seen an energy supplier bill before? However I do not believe that youngsters didn't know the term VAT, dual fuel or standing charge, they are just so obvious. Anything you don't understand you ask, and then you learn. It is called life.

Stop making young people look like imbeciles that have no life skills. They are called life skills for a reason, you gain them throughout your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I see she has a fancy new kettle too. Found it in a puddle no doubt. But what kettle needs 8 buttons?

ETA Apparently it is a variable temperature kettle. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Do kids not learn electricity and currents in physics in school anymore. I did, surely the terminology comes up then. I went to a tit school and remember learning it.

Reactions: 28
See at the very end of the video, she's so pleased with herself for 'winning' this round (???) against her 10 year old son, because she learned something new (wowsers). Gross.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
This is really dumb.

It has literally never been easier to find something out, as we all carry the world's information in our pocket. So if I don't know what VAT is, I can...look it up. There is no need for Octopus Energy and Jack Monroe to make a new tool. Thousands already exist. These are not obscure terms ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
This is really dumb.

It has literally never been easier to find something out, as we all carry the world's information in our pocket. So if I don't know what VAT is, I can...look it up. There is no need for Octopus Energy and Jack Monroe to make a new tool. Thousands already exist. These are not obscure terms ffs.
Agreed. Barclays Life Skills, for example - they are in pretty much all the schools from a young age

Reactions: 27
“Me and my ten year old try to learn something new every day” yeah, except the days she’s dicking about in a hotel, sewing subliminal messages into denim shirts, and he’s with his dad. Or every one of the many many holidays she’s had, ALWAYS without him! I’m sure he learns loads with his loving family at his dad’s house, though.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
“Me and my ten year old try to learn something new every day” yeah, except the days she’s dicking about in a hotel, sewing subliminal messages into denim shirts, and he’s with his dad. Or every one of the many many holidays she’s had, ALWAYS without him! I’m sure he learns loads with his loving family at his dad’s house, though.
It's like "I'm cleverer than my 10 year old son" #winning #goals #slaykween

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
That word 'unt' grosses me out. One of my gay friends refers to herself as Uncltie K when she's talking to my cats. Looks bad typed out but sounds quite sweet when she says it.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.