Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we've had muchos fresh slop and clag courtesy of the Cabal but I'm still haunted by the slow cooker bread.

Quantity
Having given it a distressing amount of thought, I've come up with two possible reasons to make a loaf with 260g of flour: 1. You are a single person household with no freezer who doesn't like bread. 2. In a global pandemic you are unable to purchase flour and only have 260g left in the world. While many of us probably have experienced the latter in the last year, it still doesn't feel like it deserves its own cooking method of doom.

Economics
Why is this being cooked in a slow cooker? Is it to save money on electricity? This looks like a false economy because 1. this method wastes 3.5p by using double the normal quantity of yeast to flour in order to achieve any kind of rise from the cursed dough, probably negating the electricity saving and 2. in an oven, you can cook a normal sized loaf! or even 2 or more at the same time!

Method
Much has been said about this already. I am concerned for Fack's upper body strength if it takes her 10 mins to knead a bread roll sized piece of dough. As for the bake, maybe crusts will pass out of fashion as the people embrace slimy slime bread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
FADF7F33-7D9C-4F1B-8DCC-C7D460A66CD0.jpeg
On this day..
Jack showed us her Mediterranean arse and zippy new haircut done with a beard trimmer (allegedly). I don't know much about Mediterranean arses but(t) this one does not seem v. chunky at all. Especially if you factor in the sticky-out pose.

Today's news we see Jack has again partnered with Octopus. She 'learnt' something but did not share what that was.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I caved! Coopsy has a starring role and it looks semi recently filmed in the crappy bungalow.
C6AB8D8B-1ADA-439B-A9C9-792CC25FBA8F.jpeg
C6DCA829-B1E7-41AF-BA1D-8F8E627B84BA.jpeg
DE567EF4-5964-4D57-BCA9-53231E4FFE2D.jpeg
F55B6ADD-1D18-40D7-91D7-33DA0F166601.jpeg
895BC954-073B-4DB3-AA51-B695D7BE1072.jpeg

Like your Patreon on other people’s.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 99
I have just had a look at that video. What a load of patronising nonsense. Jack didn't know what a Kwh was! So she was unscrewing lightbulbs, unplugging fridges etc during the poverty without any understanding what appliances used most energy. It makes no sense.

I agree that kids should have these things explained in school, but one of the terms 91% of young people didn't understand was VAT. Others were dual fuel, unit rate and standing charge. Have these kids lost all common sense? These terms are self explanatory surely. I despair for the future.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
View attachment 572154On this day..
Jack showed us her Mediterranean arse and zippy new haircut done with a beard trimmer (allegedly). I don't know much about Mediterranean arses but(t) this one does not seem v. chunky at all. Especially if you factor in the sticky-out pose.

Today's news we see Jack has again partnered with Octopus. She 'learnt' something but did not share what that was.
jesus duck...my eyes

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
"hi, you have reached jack monroe, accidental conqueror of fears, founder of hashtags, slop slinger extraordinaire. i'm off twitter at the moment due to reasons. what's that? sponcon you say? how much and what do you want me to write? 🤑"

• Haha
Reactions: 72
tbf, all this seems to indicate is that people learn things as they get older. shocking

Screenshot_20210513-102818_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Apparently almost 50% of 18-24 year olds had to ask for a term on their bill to be explained. Well now it has been explained to them what is the issue? We all have to ask things we don't know from time to time, but once we learn what some technical term is, we then know it going forward. What is wrong with these 18-24 year olds that can not be bothered to educate themselves about the bills they pay. They are adults, responsible for running a home for goodness sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I didn't understand my utility bills when I first moved out of home. I just paid them when they came in, just like my mum used to. If I had a bad week and couldn't pay on time I called them and got an extension. It seems like younger folk are being made to look and feel stupid, not ideal for young people in an already weird world.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I don't get it. What's so hard about understanding bills?

If you are worried you are using too much turn off, turn down and only use it when you need to otherwise switch it off. You don't need to remove them from the electrical source just switch the current off going to them with the switch . Honestly I am worried for the world with people in it today.

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.