Jack Monroe #189 Food Crime Pie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Octopus energy might have created a 'useful tool', but in a projects I've been involved with (with agile tariffs and battery storage 🔻) they have been shite with the customer service (at least that's the feedback I've been getting)

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I wonder if they checked how many 18-24 year olds are actually in charge of their own utility bills...? Imagine most are living at home / student accommodation / HMOs, not executive flats with 3 showers.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I didn't understand my utility bills when I first moved out of home. I just paid them when they came in, just like my mum used to. If I had a bad week and couldn't pay on time I called them and got an extension. It seems like younger folk are being made to look and feel stupid, not ideal for young people in an already weird world.
I'm just eternally grateful for Google 😂

I grew up in a household where basically anything relating to 'grown up' topics like money, bills etc was taboo for children's ears. So grew up knowing basically jaff all about being an adult. My mum still freaks out when she hears me talking to my daughter about stuff like that, but it's important (although we still need to work on the money not growing on trees, and throwing homework books off the balcony...)

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I wonder if they checked how many 18-24 year olds are actually in charge of their own utility bills...? Imagine most are living at home / student accommodation / HMOs, not executive flats with 3 showers.
Perhaps that's why they used people for the advert outwith the target audience. I mean, why on earth wouldn't they feature 3 18-24 year olds in it? Bizarre.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
That can't have been filmed that recently, her hair wouldn't have grown back that fast yet from the troll doll man bun thing she's had of late.

Some one needs to ask her how to budget a five week hotel stay in their finances.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
That can't have been filmed that recently, her hair wouldn't have grown back that fast yet from the troll doll man bun thing she's had of late.

Some one needs to ask her how to budget a five week hotel stay in their finances.
Yeah, it's good to use her hair to chronicle what time period this was. I think she last had it this long around February, before she chopped it all off again?

ETA -

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.34.26.png

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yeah, it's good to use her hair to chronicle what time period this was. I think she last had it this long around February, before she chopped it all off again?
& she refers to him as 10, so it’s before she went on a 5 week holiday over his 11th birthday.

Really hate that she shares so much on him that I can write that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
At some point she was wittering on about some work, but then we heard no more, maybe this is that?

Reactions: 28
Oh we’ve had doc marten jack,I am sure someone will find the receipts, I think there was a pastel pair recently
Eugh. Really. I stopped taking any interest in her for a while.
The denim shirt thing is the worst though. Even when I see someone who is stonkingly HOT wearing one, I get a dose of the jacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

& she refers to him as 10, so it’s before she went on a 5 week holiday over his 11th birthday.

Really hate that she shares so much on him that I can write that.
Her eyebrows too. They've been recently microbladed in the hotel pics, they're completely different in the energy vid.

We rest our cases, m'lud.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Perhaps that's why they used people for the advert outwith the target audience. I mean, why on earth wouldn't they feature 3 18-24 year olds in it? Bizarre.
Why is she in it she's not 18 or 24. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Still no endorsing of Marcus and Tom. I know she said there was no time limit by when she should tweet about Full time meals, but this is ridiculous.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I'm just eternally grateful for Google 😂

I grew up in a household where basically anything relating to 'grown up' topics like money, bills etc was taboo for children's ears. So grew up knowing basically jaff all about being an adult. My mum still freaks out when she hears me talking to my daughter about stuff like that, but it's important (although we still need to work on the money not growing on trees, and throwing homework books off the balcony...)
Also I think all most most people need to know about electricity bills is that you use less, you pay less and that things that generate heat, like a boiler, iron or electric heating are the things that really increase the bill. They are just using her large platform to market their grubby electricity and she being paid to pretend to give a duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.