Jack Monroe #187 Who does she think she is, flippin' Cher?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This embroidery schizz is further evidence that the whole Jack thing is just some huge experiment by a university psychology department, or Vlad's people.

It's just inconceivable that someone can make a career out of being relentlessly, consistently awful at pretty much everything they do

It's like....the whole of Twitter is in on it, apart from us....🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I crochet and knit competently and sew amateurishly. After making one of the kids a much complimented baby blanket, I costed out how much I'd have to sell them for to pay myself the London Living Wage 🔺 about £400 just for my crocheting time, and about £900 following a formula to make sure you pay yourself for all the marketing and posting and other stuff.

So good luck with that, Jack.
Don’t forget our Jackie would 100% add in costs for the privilege of having something made by an actual real-life celeb (lol)
I can just imagine some chump squiggle thinking it was worth it and stumping up a grand for a bespoke handmade delight from the grandmaster embroiderer, only to be left waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and then being made to feel like the worst person in the world for actually expecting goods in return for cash when she is BUSY and has ALL THE LABELS.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
yummy! flaccid chicken, pobp-encrusted pineapple and mystery greens. just what you want after a long day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Is now a good time to admit I have no idea what a baron is?
Is now a good time to admit that I read this and knew the exact quote from Downton Abbey that would be relevant? Honestly, this pandemic has not helped my nerdiness with that programme. Endless opportunities to have it as background viewing and take it all in, like aristocratic osmosis.

In all seriousness, barons are one of the lowest ranks in the British peerage, and Nigella's father had a life peerage rather than a hereditary title.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Is now a good time to admit I have no idea what a baron is?
A baron is like the lowest rung on the nobility ladder, used to be that they were given the baronetcy and manor/land and could pass the title and it’s benefits down. Now you can be named a baron if you’ve given essentially your life to public service and will continue to do so. I don’t think that one is then passed down. The old feudal one goes down the eldest sons, if I remember rightly.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Back to Jack, funny also how she brings up people’s family money (or what she assumes), but doesn’t like people suggesting that she should have gone to her parents for help/has had privilege. Either your parents’ wealth and position means something, or it doesn’t?

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Don’t forget our Jackie would 100% add in costs for the privilege of having something made by an actual real-life celeb (lol)
I can just imagine some chump squiggle thinking it was worth it and stumping up a grand for a bespoke handmade delight from the grandmaster embroiderer, only to be left waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and then being made to feel like the worst person in the world for actually expecting goods in return for cash when she is BUSY and has ALL THE LABELS.
There was a report on the bbc recently about Kickstarter, and they insisted, that all schemes that achieve target must deliver

• Wow
Reactions: 43
There was a report on the bbc recently about Kickstarter, and the insisted, that all schemes that achieve target must deliver
Well it did eventually deliver an inferior quality product some time after the work was published and on sale at a lower price.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
it's been three hours and that guy who always comments with all the enthusiastic emojis hasn't shown up yet

mel donte should probably pay him more

• Haha
Reactions: 53
It was weird though when Jack suddenly started posting loads about her son after years of keeping him private. She was 'single parent' of the year who didn't even have a spare hour to go back to her beloved karate classes or go for a run. Momfluencer novelty must've worn off after the pizza oven was used once.
It’s that horseshit that pisses me off no end. Then she disappears when it suits. Which is fine, just don’t pretend you’re a single parent.

You’ve missed out the word LEAST

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
It’s that horseshit that pisses me off no end. Then she disappears when it suits. Which is fine, just don’t pretend you’re a single parent.
But that is like everything in her life, when it suits, i'm a writer, I’m a cook, I’m a vegan etc etc except when she’s not

Reactions: 29
I can’t believe I kinda used to like Nigella. I’ve grown less fond of THAT MAN over the years but feel strangely protective of him now, having learned about Jack’s TROLLING of him.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
new eyeshadow palette and there's just no escaping her!

(friends x revolution, Chandler palette)

20210505_191829.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

You’ve missed out the word LEAST
Sock a doodle doo! No other rational explanation, surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.