Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just been to the hospital with someone and they have an a reoccurring ear infection. She got the stabs and jabs but no steroids.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Jack really isn't that accomplished at anything and we've never seen her sew before. Her knitting is godawful so either she didn't do this or she had lots of help.

#Jackofnotrades

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jack really isn't that accomplished at anything and we've never seen her sew before. Her knitting is godawful so either she didn't do this or she had lots of help.

#Jackofnotrades
We saw her sewing when she joined her shreddies together, it was not good, hence my earlier comment

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Apologies @Captainmouse

I should rephrase. I've never seen her sewing before 😂

I've also never seen her do anything well before, other than make people feel sorry for her. My skeptical hat is very firmly ON.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Apologies @Captainmouse

I should rephrase. I've never seen her sewing before 😂

I've also never seen her do anything well before, other than make people feel sorry for her. My skeptical hat is very firmly ON.
Exactly either a) bought shirt with flowers on and added roots
b) went to embroidery thing did flowers on machine added roots by hand
c) somebody else did the flowers, she did roots

Reactions: 30
Canal, I was up early on site and, shortly after having had a piss and a sandwich, decided to grunk my way through thread 19...went to get the lads a round of hot bacon butties from the van (it’s bleeping freezing here), but, as we do have a gas burner, showed them the segment and offered them a healthy alternative instead. ‘That’s not even cooked’, ‘looks like someone’s sneezed’, and ‘bleeping serve me that shite and I’m off on strike’ were the more polite reactions. She may as well have just opened the packet of pasta and poured the raw green veg in it 🤢🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Steroid injections. I have them every 6-12 months in my hands. No less than 6 months for me. I have endless issues with trigger finger on both mitts.
Mine take 10 minutes at the GP followed by 5 days of agony. The last one in Sept left me unable to do much for a week as it was in my dominant hand, and I needed the other to hold my hand to remove the weight from it!
If they are having steroid injections, I have a lot of sympathy. Might also explain lack of tweeting if in hands!!

The shirt? I concur with everyone who says it looks 90s from Top Shop and similar. Not to my taste but presented than the knitting / food

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I am finding embroidery Jack really irritating. I do a lot of hand work as I find it invaluable in keeping me calm and being able to concentrate. Knitting was particularly important to me while having chemotherapy and radiotherapy after surgery for cancer, all of which involves a lot of waiting around time. It's also something that makes it easier to connect with other people in the same boat - so many people associate it with mothers or grandmothers who made their clothes, or make things themselves. The hospital where I was treated even had a fantastic FREE craft programme in the radiotherapy waiting room - but the important thing about all this is to help people to engage with the process of making, not results to get dopamine likes, and to trust their hands. So I would even give Jack a break on the porridge blanket (despite <shudder> ACRYLIC) (I'm working on the yarn snobbery) if it was presented as a genuine ONE DAY AT A TIME STITCH BY STITCH process that would support other people learning to embrace the slow imperfect process, not a 'look at this what I knocked up overnight, brilliant little me' thirst trap.
I had to have an extra scan after a mammogram. There was knitting in the waiting room, already started. It took my mind off worrying.

I had to have an extra scan after a mammogram. There was knitting in the waiting room, already started. It took my mind off worrying.
Ps - I’m ok 💖

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Not sure if anyone has spotted this yet, but there is writing in the embroidery she's done. I've tried to highlight.
2021-05-04 131249 1.png
2021-05-04 131209.png

I looked the phrase up and apparently it's an AA/NA thing.

P.S. from a distance the work looks fine, I feel a bit horrible saying but looking closely it won't stand up to a wash and is quite untidy.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 99
Not sure if anyone has spotted this yet, but there is writing in the embroidery she's done. I've tried to highlight.
View attachment 558820View attachment 558819

P.S. from a distance the work looks fine, I feel a bit horrible saying but looking closely it won't stand up to a wash and is quite untidy.
Wow - check you out spotting the secret words! That is next-level detection 😂 feel like we’re in an Indiana Jones movie and you’ve just illuminated the next step of the puzzle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
View attachment 558820View attachment 558819

I did notice it but then thought it was me accidentally seeing things in things because I didn't quite get the first word. And I wasn't entirely sure if that capital A was a letter or a cock.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Wow secret messages from Jack. What next, slogans spelt out in slop splashes?

For some added on to drivel, I'm not long back from the dentist where I had a filling replaced and a scale and polish. That was an experience full of stabs and jabs. I don't have an ouchy mouth yet though as it's still numb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I did notice it but then thought it was me accidentally seeing things in things because I didn't quite get the first word. And I wasn't entirely sure if that capital A was a letter or a cock.
I proper struggled on today, for a while I was convinced I was seeing "Just for tattle" 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
'...It is homely, comforting, nourishing, the culinary equivalent of a soft warm body wrapped around your own. It delights, it satisfies, both firm and tender, messy and irreverent, hot and saline and sticky and sweet, and so much more than the sum of its parts.'

This gives me the absolute boaks. The last thing I want to think about when I'm planning dinner is someone else's sweaty coital juices. I fail to see how this would elicit a positive response in anyone??!!!! It could be written by a younger Monty Don/ Richard E Grant, the curly haired guy from CBeebies, Eddie from Below Deck or any one of my other bizarre crushes and it would STILL give me the dry heaves.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.