Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s really pickling my beans with this faux sickness/staying in a hotel for five weeks bullshit.

IMO the whole thing is to have a break and avoid responsibilities for a while. Added bonus is more potential sympathy from her increasingly gullible followers.

Even IF, and that’s really a big if, someone has steroid injections, they just go home afterwards. Steroid injections can be really helpful for joint conditions, but she’s also breadcrumbing that it could be cancer, as steroids are often used in treatment. Unfortunately for Jack, the Jackolytes are so dense, most of them don’t even realise what she’s alluding to. You can’t have it both ways, Jackie! If you want your followers to turn a blind eye to manipulation and inconsistencies, then odds are they’ll ignore your subtle attempts at manipulating them with inconsistent stories of “treatment”.

There is quite simply no treatment that is intensive enough to go on for five straight weeks, that you don’t stay in for. You can either come in and then go all the way home to wherever you actually live, or you need to stay in. Maybe a couple of nights in a hotel if you’re really far away from home and have nobody to support you after an op, have a very busy household, nowhere to recover. If she was that unwell she’d be admitted, and also wouldn’t be embroidering all weekend. You can even get a cab from where she is now back to Southend for about £60-£70, which is much cheaper than a hotel. Has Jack stayed in that hotel all weekend despite having no treatment, ‘waiting’ for steroid injections to work??

I’ve had operations and been home ASAP to my kids, and despite feeling like tit I know they need to see me and sit on my bed and be around me - because they missed me while I was actually in hospital having actual treatment. How she’s not rushed home to be with her kid, in five whole weeks, is outrageous.

I’ve also had steroid injections many times before. I go home, relax if I can for a bit, then get on with life. They can’t have been anywhere near her hands/arms/shoulders or there wouldn’t have been the new stupid embroidery hobby.

I’m getting really fucked off with this Munchausens tit. She needs proper help, which I don’t believe has ever actually been sought out by Jack. There’s no valid reason or explanation for this fake Twitter “treatment”. This whole charade has highlighted just how deep Jack’s problems are, and these are the problems that need urgent attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
I like the embroidery yet I don't think she did it! She prob found it in a charity shop, the flowers look machine embroidered, and look at where the pocket flap is missing, that shirt isn't an upcycle, it was originally sold like that. 100% putting my money on it being a charity shop find.

I just can't believe Jack could do something so intricate and fine, in just one weekend. And also, which one is it Jack, are you hype rfocus or hyper distracted? You seem to pick and choose your symptoms.

• Wow
Reactions: 66
So…she’s got lots of thread, needles and scissors with her? While I’m all for embroidery as both a therapeutic and creative outlet, Jack the way you write sometimes makes us think your hands could drop off at any moment. I doubt many Long Covid sufferers are taking up the needle and thread and if they are they’re doing it very very slowly.

edit : 🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Jack has copied the Craig David song reference from someone else, it's been going around on SM for yonks.
Lots of charity shops won't take books now as they have so many, if they are too good to recycle some hospitals might take them - they do in my area- to resell or have for patients.

Reactions: 27
1. Whoever linked the Ruby Tandoh article on Esiah Levy - thank(space)you. I've had it open since it was posted but haven't had chance to read. I haven't even got half way through it and I feel it in my soul for various reasons - seed saving, the environment, sharing, the whiteness of gardening culture etc etc.

2. For some reason my ancient Macbook (fancy) keeps opening the Dictionary whilst I'm going through this thread. Is it eponymous with reading the thread to require it? ;)

3. I feel the soil part of the embroidery will make that side of the shirt floppy and heavy even if the pocket is now stitched together? I do quite like it though but it isn't staying off social media is it.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
"designed" by hand doesn't necessarily mean *stitched* by hand. i bet it'll have been done on one of those fancy programmable sewing machines. we know how partial she is to high end tech after all. and, if you've got such ouchy, arthritic hands, surely embroidery would be the last thing on your mind!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Jack has copied the Craig David song reference from someone else, it's been going around on SM for yonks.
Lots of charity shops won't take books now as they have so many, if they are too good to recycle some hospitals might take them - they do in my area- to resell or have for patients.
Is Jack sending her slop books into prisons? What use to do they have for them in there? Toilet slop bowl anyone? lolololol.

There only use would be bog roll or roaches for smoking :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I like the embroidery yet I don't think she did it! She prob found it in a charity shop, the flowers look machine embroidered, and look at where the pocket flap is missing, that shirt isn't an upcycle, it was originally sold like that. 100% putting my money on it being a charity shop find.

I just can't believe Jack could do something so intricate and fine, in just one weekend. And also, which one is it Jack, are you hype rfocus or hyper distracted? You seem to pick and choose your symptoms.
My daughter does stuff like this - makes a bit of cash off it too. I think it would be possible to do it over a weekend because she does some nice stuff quite quickly, however - she did a load of textile and embroidery for her degree and loves it as her hobby so is well practiced. She also does not have crippling arthritis and require “intensive” treatment. And, when she does get into the zone, it is literal hours and hours of work. She pops a binge watch on her laptop and will lose a weekend to a nice piece. Jack has either spent the whole weekend on her own, doing this, or is lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Can you be really tit at knitting and good at embroidery?

Asking for somebody who really wants some granola.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Not sure where this will land and someone may have already said it. I was watching GPs behind closed doors last night and a woman came in for a steroid injection and the Dr said that steroid injections were only given with a lengthy timescale between them. I think he said 6 months (but I might be wrong). I am not a doctor but she’s talking about multiple steroid injections (kicking in). Anyway just a thought.

ETA @PoorPatrol said all I’ve been thinking far more eloquently.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
My daughter does stuff like this - makes a bit of cash off it too. I think it would be possible to do it over a weekend because she does some nice stuff quite quickly, however - she did a load of textile and embroidery for her degree and loves it as her hobby so is well practiced. She also does not have crippling arthritis and require “intensive” treatment. And, when she does get into the zone, it is literal hours and hours of work. She pops a binge watch on her laptop and will lose a weekend to a nice piece. Jack has either spent the whole weekend on her own, doing this, or is lying.
Oh I'm not arguing someone else could do it in a weekend! I probably could as like your daughter, got some experience. I just don't buy Jack doing it, regardless of her gammy hands!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
"designed" by hand doesn't necessarily mean *stitched* by hand. i bet it'll have been done on one of those fancy programmable sewing machines. we know how partial she is to high end tech after all. and, if you've got such ouchy, arthritic hands, surely embroidery would be the last thing on your mind!
Oh she would totally spaff a grand or two on a fancy embroidery machine wouldn’t she

Reactions: 31
So…she’s got lots of thread, needles and scissors with her? While I’m all for embroidery as both a therapeutic and creative outlet, Jack the way you write sometimes makes us think your hands could drop off at any moment. I doubt many Long Covid sufferers are taking up the needle and thread and if they are they’re doing it very very slowly.

edit : 🥕
I know it’ll be hard to believe but looks like she’s been shopping 😂There are a few shops near to where she’s staying that would do all that gear, including upcycled vintage Depop-y style stuff like this for the embroidery truthers.

(At least there were pre covid.... despite living nearby I’ve managed to resist the allure of a 5 week getaway from my child and plants)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
There was another tweet but it must have been deleted very quickly. I had a notification for it but the tweet wasn't there.

From memory: 'Off for more stabs, jabs and prods. See you on the other side 💕' (the pink double heart emoji).

Did anyone catch it?
I thinks it’s maybe the poll - appears to have disappeared. Is embroidery Jack a new thing? I have never tried embroidery bar making a bookmark/needle case in primary school, and would love to try except it seems like a bit of an expensive hobby. Perhaps Jack got their agent to swap some slop books for thread etc instead of inflicting them on prisoners

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I've had steroid injections given 24 hours apart to boost lung growth in my unborn baby who was diagnosed in the womb with a lung condition. It's standard procedure for mums whose waters have broken early if there is time. It's sore but you just go home after.
Either Jack is still in the hotel or she is on her new home but based on the knitting comment, I don't think she is at home. No Coopsie pics either. The shirt embroidery looks too professional for a slop queen to have done it by hand.
Also her 'more labels than a tin can aisle' is that a dig at the cabal for daring to question identity inconsistencies?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The embroidered roots are tit. They're too high up and part of them aren't even in the "soil"?

The flowers and stems look okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Also, I hate the embroidered shirt. The balance of colours is all wrong, the massive cowpat at the bottom doesn't work with the poppy (WHERE'S YOUR POPPY? DO YOU HATE THIS CONUNTRY AND THE WAR DEAD?)
I would love the Royal British Legion to rip this off for Poppy Day.... she wouldn’t be able to complain if her only complaint was not being able to Monetise war dead!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh I'm not arguing someone else could do it in a weekend! I probably could as like your daughter, got some experience. I just don't buy Jack doing it, regardless of her gammy hands!!!
Yes - I am leaning towards either lying (most probable) or this taking a hell of a lot lot longer than a ADHD/autism hyper focussed pile of nonsense, weekend.

On the small off chance she has spent a full May bank holiday weekend doing it though, Jack - I would review your friends and family options. Surely there is more to do for a media luvvie in London on a bank holiday, sober or not? Even hopping on the train and having an afternoon on the beach with the kid? Or, if it was not possible, the many parks and sights of London to enjoy? ScarfQueen couldn’t have been on duty for the whole three days - has there been another “She left”? Thus requiring aparthotels instead of bunking up there? One of her “Blue Kitchen” photos had a massive stack of books next to her, which would be an odd thing to make room for in a suitcase for a hotel stay.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.