Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can any Fraü reccomend a particularly good thread from the past? I've treated myself to revisiting #1 - 10 and #31 (obviously) but need some Bank Holiday entertainment.
Mrs ST is glued to the Snooker as our friend is playing🔺️ I'm nodding in support but have no clue what's happening and desperately need a quiet distraction.
Thank(space)you.
I'm in a similar situation (being SICK and unable to do much other than lie in bed reading) and have recently been reliving some of my past thread highlights. Personal favourites include:

#118 - The Cabal give their verdict on the worst Christmas Dinner ever presented on Twitter

#120-124 - The Short Long Covid saga

#131 - In which she gets cancelled by Far Left Twitter and attempts to provide receipts of her sliding into Corbyn's DMs

More to come! Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Can any Fraü reccomend a particularly good thread from the past? I've treated myself to revisiting #1 - 10 and #31 (obviously) but need some Bank Holiday entertainment.
Mrs ST is glued to the Snooker as our friend is playing🔺️ I'm nodding in support but have no clue what's happening and desperately need a quiet distraction.
Thank(space)you.
Thread 19 is a particular favourite - from about post 900 as there is the live watch along with Jack on This Morning in her shed cooking her lingreenie.
Going on to Thread 20 as there is the fall out from it and Jack's reasons why it didn't go quite to plan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm in a similar situation (being SICK and unable to do much other than lie in bed reading) and have recently been reliving some of my past thread highlights. Personal favourites include:

#118 - The Cabal give their verdict on the worst Christmas Dinner ever presented on Twitter

#120-124 - The Short Long Covid saga

#131 - In which she gets cancelled by Far Left Twitter and attempts to provide receipts of her sliding into Corbyn's DMs

More to come! Now duck off x
Thank(space)you for the suggestions, dear heart. I've had a piss AND a sandwich so I'm ready for a grunkathon.
I do hope you're feeling better soon. Ordinarily I'd send you some Toffee Crisps and Hula Hoops but the Post Office is unfortunately closed today. Have you considered adopting an elephant?

Wishing I hadn't intentionally forgotten NotJacks Insta handle but alas my maverick brain can only store so much bullshit so it had to go.

Thread 19 is a particular favourite - from about post 900 as there is the live watch along with Jack on This Morning in her shed cooking her lingreenie.
Going on to Thread 20 as there is the fall out from it and Jack's reasons why it didn't go quite to plan.
Ooh, I've been looking for this particular horror! Thank(space)you 💚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
My daughter got married this weekend and she had the biggest Colin ever!
C427A534-8A93-4ECC-9C31-B3334F090F3F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
“Mamapapa”. I cant even think about that ridiculous concept without turning inside out with the cringe.

Watched the #Fulltime update with Joe Wicks. I don’t do much daytime tv so not familiar with his work but he seemed nice enough. I know he had a lot of praise for his PE in lockdown thing - even if he made a packet, at least he is trying to do something positive. What I really noticed though, (and not for the first time) is Marcus is quite self conscious and wooden over the camera but, do you know what? He absolutely gets away with it because he is trying hard and clearly out of his comfort zone but knows his worth and carries on regardless. I wish only the best things for that young man. He truly deserves all the accolades and then some.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
What a difference a year makes. She ~ literally ~ has nothing of any value or interest left to post about other than vague medical dramas. At least we can rule out her treatment being lung related, and hopefully all this will help take the edge of her cocky attitude in the future.

View attachment 557261
I wonder if she managed to convince herself of that again when we were pretty much her entire audience for whatever the last shitshow was about. I almost, almooooooost felt bad for her then. But also it was really funny so...

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Thank(space)you.
I like 66 plus the late dec-early Jan

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What are the rules for blue tickers going private on Twitter?
If they’re a blue tick as themselves (IE not a company), there doesn’t seem be any penalisation for a temporary privatisation and only very vague references to anything happening long term. Blue tick companies aren’t allowed to private.

I think there used to be restrictions with the threat of losing the tick but they seem to have changed the policy in response to the amount of hate some blue ticks get hurled at them.

Reactions: 21
More favourite threads...

#46-50 - Jack, Edinburgh

#73 - The rogue "For Sale" sign incident, Jack makes a plea for fawning correspondence, then leaves/returns/leaves Twitter. Again.

#77 - Contains a walk down Memory Lane re: Jack's numerous rebuttals of criticism of her Guardian recipes

#101 - The splinter saga, the Bond Jack/Tank Jack double whammy and a squiggle getting her riled over asparagus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
The Hellman’s threads are worth a read but I don’t know which ones they are. Even better if you watch along on Instagram on another device @SweetTransvestite and pretend you’re there in real time, cringing into your own hole with the rest of us.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I just had a re-visit to the Linda McCartney Insta that introduced us to NotJack originally. I couldn’t find her comments (although there are a lot on the relevant posts!) but I DID find this and it tickled me more than it should really.

In referring to the Sausage curry abomination. 😂😂😂

Edit - to squig the user name!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I just had a re-visit to the Linda McCartney Insta that introduced us to NotJack originally. I couldn’t find her comments (although there are a lot on the relevant posts!) but I DID find this and it tickled me more than it should really.

In referring to the Sausage curry abomination. 😂😂😂

Edit - to squig the user name!
This is my fav comment under the sausage abomination.

31E51AEC-BDC2-4DD9-8E44-97FF84563D70.jpeg

No, those are the sausages dear squiggle.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
More favourite threads...

#46-50 - Jack, Edinburgh

#73 - The rogue "For Sale" sign incident, Jack makes a plea for fawning correspondence, then leaves/returns/leaves Twitter. Again.

#77 - Contains a walk down Memory Lane re: Jack's numerous rebuttals of criticism of her Guardian recipes

#101 - The splinter saga, the Bond Jack/Tank Jack double whammy and a squiggle getting her riled over asparagus
“Long Covid” was a cracker

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.