Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the Guardian today an article about hair washing. ‘It’s like therapy’: how washing your hair can lift your mood – and change your life

Wasn't Jack saying she hasn't washed hers in weeks. Maybe she should take the advice of her fellow Guardian columnists and she wouldn't have such a low mood!

If only it were that easy. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 47
In the Guardian today an article about hair washing. ‘It’s like therapy’: how washing your hair can lift your mood – and change your life

Wasn't Jack saying she hasn't washed hers in weeks. Maybe she should take the advice of her fellow Guardian columnists and she wouldn't have such a low mood!

Guardian knocking it out of the park again.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I saw the headline earlier and just couldn't bring myself to click on it. Washing your hair is like therapy is it aye?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
The Guardian are out Guardianing themselves with such a ridiculous byline. How the duck can washing your hair change your life? I’ve obviously been doing it wrong all these years then.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I saw the headline earlier and just couldn't bring myself to click on it. Washing your hair is like therapy is it aye?
for all of those people who have suffered in the past year but there are no spaces for NHS therapy I assume? :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
The weirdest part is that this all started off being someone else who was ill and "not her place" to talk about it so either she's trying to elevenerife someones illness, or it was all bollocks
I genuinely feel like they might have forgotten that part.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
I’m pretty sure the guardian had an article the other week about people not washing due to being at home and not showering for days. I wash my hair a lot less when I am just home working. Maybe she doesn’t wash her hair which explains the dirty nails as a good lather would wash away the muck.

anyway I do hope if Jack is having some sort of treatment it is going well and a social media break will do her the world of good!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I have a deadline and was meant to be working this afternoon but have been on a historical tour of thread 19 and 20 instead.

Love the food talk on #20 and @TheDragonWithAFlagon has such an informative post on how to get the best flavours using cooking methods and the ingredients to spend/save money on for tasty food. Its been like a comfort blanket. JM is the least important person on these threads,

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I was one of the ones that said it but agree completely. Looking back it was clear as day but I believed her complaining about parenting 😬

Not a parent to a similarly aged child but whenever I’ve had similarly aged nephews stay the house becomes overrun with those challenging hydraulic robot arm kits and tangfastics everywhere. We’re honestly meant to believe she home schooled him in a year long pandemic and there’s not so much as a corner with scruffy school books?

It’s by far the saddest lie yet but tbh better than the alternative truths she puts out there eg awful cheap sandwiches and training camp mamapapa.
I have a bedroom that my Grandkids have. It is decorated neutral colour. But there is Batman posters up on it. They haven't stayed here for a year now cos of Covid and I was shielding. But looking in the room you would know it is a child's room cos it has children's table and chairs, books, toy box and a massive box with Lego, some was my kids, others was Mr's lego from when he was young. But it is obvious a child has that room. My kids have some child's toys they kept as adults. So surely he would have posters, toys even if they were on a bookshelf and not played with.

• Heart
Now Line of Duty is done with I have turned my lunatic conspiracy theorising towards Jack instead and decided maybe this is all a long con and she's hoping we'll all lose interest and go away and she can go back to re-writing The Destitution in peace.

However we've counted our own teeth and chairs before and talked for far far longer than would ever be necessary about wheelie bins, there's surely no way she can out-bore us.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
How do you view the old threads? I've done a search but only the most recent appear

Reactions: 10
How do you view the old threads? I've done a search but only the most recent appear
Click the Jack Monroe threads blue box at the top of this page, it links all of them
I like scanning through all the thread titles and remembering what inspired them 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Y'all are right about the lack of anything belonging to a child in the crappy bungalow. It is a bit clinical and cold. I'm increasingly wondering if Jack lost majority custody due to real or alleged addiction related chaos. He is there as a visitor, not a son. The crappy bungalow had Jack stamped all over it with her naff taste in art, furniture and a plethora of selfies up on the wall.

• Sad
  • Wow
I have a bedroom that my Grandkids have. It is decorated neutral colour. But there is Batman posters up on it. They haven't stayed here for a year now cos of Covid and I was shielding. But looking in the room you would know it is a child's room cos it has children's table and chairs, books, toy box and a massive box with Lego, some was my kids, others was Mr's lego from when he was young. But it is obvious a child has that room. My kids have some child's toys they kept as adults. So surely he would have posters, toys even if they were on a bookshelf and not played with.
By far the hardest part of being a parent for me is having to be ok with the STUFF. I like things in their place but even I with my militant organisation has had to accept that you can’t live with a child and not have their stuff literally everywhere. My daughter is really tidy too but it’s blatantly obvious that a small child lives here. As it absolutely should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I was one of the ones that said it but agree completely. Looking back it was clear as day but I believed her complaining about parenting 😬

Not a parent to a similarly aged child but whenever I’ve had similarly aged nephews stay the house becomes overrun with those challenging hydraulic robot arm kits and tangfastics everywhere. We’re honestly meant to believe she home schooled him in a year long pandemic and there’s not so much as a corner with scruffy school books?

It’s by far the saddest lie yet but tbh better than the alternative truths she puts out there eg awful cheap sandwiches and training camp mamapapa.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Chucking out my SSRIs right now and going to crack open the Head & Shoulders. Cheers hun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.