Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a difference a year makes. She ~ literally ~ has nothing of any value or interest left to post about other than vague medical dramas. At least we can rule out her treatment being lung related, and hopefully all this will help take the edge of her cocky attitude in the future.

View attachment 557261
A classic Monroe - it's always someone else's fault. This time 'the snarkparty', not her own lack of skills and her dreadful recipes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Look after the doggos?

What about the catto? And dasho?

Sod it. Going in for GoT from the beginning. If Ygritte can’t get me out of my fury nothing will.
Also what about the smol robotty crushing on Jack even tho he's married guy? Who can he protect now?

You are right - without being a round the twist truther there was a series in the 90s that was definitely shown on British tv
There really was. I was a young stoner and I loved it 😍😍😍

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Hmmn..

Seems my ps post on Cooperation Town food co op has disappeared into the void!

This model is not based on needs testing, is not a food bank, is not a charity nor involving any stigma, rather it is one which is controlled by its members. It is accessible to all and empowering. It is exactly the kind of thing, in my view, which a food writer like Jack with such a large platform, should be promoting. A workable model which repurposes and redistributes fresh, quality surplus food. And is highly cooperative.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hmmn..

Seems my ps post on Cooperation Town food co op has disappeared into the void!

This model is not based on needs testing, is not a food bank, is not a charity nor involving any stigma, rather it is one which is controlled by its members. It is accessible to all and empowering. It is exactly the kind of thing, in my view, which a food writer like Jack with such a large platform, should be promoting. A workable model which repurposes and redistributes fresh, quality surplus food. And is highly cooperative.

It’s great that you’re involved in such a project and I appreciate you want to make people aware - but posts with several links to other sites aren’t allowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Babe, same. X
I'm too scared to go in from the beginning as it feels like such a huge commitment but I came very late to breaking bad (not jack) and I absolutely loved it and felt truly bereft when it ended.
ergo, the point I'm trying to make is it feels like if I start GoT now I'll be forever left behind, like a grunk of thrones.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She seems to have added a 'one day at a time' section to her insta. It consists of one (1) photo - that of her sitting at the kiddie desk, like Gulliver off of Gulliver's Travels.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
It’s great that you’re involved in such a project and I appreciate you want to make people aware - but posts with several links to other sites aren’t allowed.
Ah, Didn't know. Thanks.

Reactions: 21
I really don’t want to defend Jack but I’m the same age as her (chronologically, not mentally) and I remember Round The Twist being on CITV when I was roughly seven or eight so maybe we got it later in the UK?
Yeah I remember that Shia LaBeouf was in it I’m sure, they must of done a remake.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Thank you for posting this, I will look into it, hopefully it will be available in my area. Looks like a really good idea
You're welcome!

Isn't it though? Inspiring.

I encourage you to be proactive and ask them. They are very helpful. So successful have they become that they've been able to finance a workers co op to further develop, streamline and implement the idea. You don't need to wait for it to come to you but be one of the people to make it happen local to you.

They've been handholding another woman and myself to set one up, with the support of our local Tenants and Residents Association.
Working collaboratively through google docs which is new to me...

If you email them and also work your way through the links..

good luck!

let me know if I can help

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The one with her bingo board or chart for her Son to earn extra money was something else, imagine living with such a fun sponge.
Guaranteed she did nothing on that list because she’s too lazy other than to try and Tweetbrag about being a great parent and get praise and likes, but it never goes beyond that for Jack.

That is literally her life. Lying on Twitter for likes and attention.
And MONEY..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.