Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like she suddenly adopted a child. You learn the things like tent errection and BBQ skills when you are camping or BBqing, not in a random half hour madatory lockdown interaction slot. She also has the weird question starter cards, poor SB.
My thoughts too, it should be an organic thing. Asking people on Twitter for an opinion just seems like it would suck all the joy and spontaneity out of the experience. Which Jack has proved is something that comes naturally to her. :m

• Haha
Reactions: 34
But if she practiced fridge date rotation she wouldn’t be able to make half of her recipes, ie dead salad bag pesto. The amount of times she mentions stuff on its last legs🙄
When jack says fridge rotation she means using that no 1 smeg instead of no2 smeg

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Going to sound like an age truther here but is the 1978 DOB definitely incorrect? As it makes more sense with some of her references as she seems older than her age

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Going to sound like an age truther here but is the 1978 DOB definitely incorrect? As it makes more sense with some of her references as she seems older than her age
Jack wants to have been born in 1978.

Jack was born in 1988.

(At this point in proceedings even a GoT chaos would be welcomed. The silence in the twittersphere is louder than before the Battle of the Bastards (S6 E9) .)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't think LoD was particularly tit, it's just one of those shows that needed wrapping up, and they did. I've enjoyed it this year as it's given me something to talk about at work (just like I'll be watching Peaky Blinders again, even though I didn't think the last season was that good). Most series peak before they end , hey ho. At least Adrian, Martin and Vicky were great in Velebrity Gogglebox this year.

As for Jack and her life skills tweeting, that was never about being interested what other people think are good skills to teach. It was about her showing her maverick list. It's not like she asked SB what he'd like to do, it's all about her being able to talk about her budget cooking things and sharing that on Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why would you only filter water?

Long, boring science teacher post deleted. Needless to say boiling it or using iodine works a treat ( there is far more to this but it is BHM and I don’t want to be THAT poster).

What a toolbot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I was happy I was right about Jo all along for LoD. The rest, I get it but it seems out of step.

I did meanly think perhaps Jack was asking about life skills for herself, but that’s probably a bit too far of me!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Aw fraus, I am disappoint. I go offline for a weekend and we’re only about 10 pages further on than when I left. Need a full on Jack-chaos to keep my ninnying little (dear)heart beating....

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Whilst I know this is off topic please can I request no LOD spoilers or there will be much wailing and gnashing from chez shower (from a Frau only on series 4)

on topic .. I wonder when jack will get round to starting series 1
I finally started series 1 last night...am I Jack?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
What is fridge date rotation though?

1. Keep your fridge clean

2. Keep your fridge empty enough to see what is in there.

3. Don’t buy more of something if you have it already.

(although I once stayed with a friend in Sheffield when we were postgrads and there was a puffball growing in her fridge so I can understand that people have different standards.)
I've only gotten used to not buying as much cheese when my youngest left home. Luckily it could be frozen. Same with milk we don't use milk unless I am cooking with it. But everything else it is buy as I use. For perishable goods.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Beloved cabal, there are LoD spoilers sneaking in, like a stone fruit sneaking its way in to a curry. Please make as much use of the spoiler function as our smol pixie makes of FaceTune 🤐

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Smol pixie is pretending to go offline (again) for a bit, after liking all the back slapping congratulatory posts about some random niche magazine award for the crappest category.

I wonder how long this self imposed hiatus will last?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Someone needs to tell her that vague posting on Twitter won’t be accepted as a valid excuse for not submitting her accounts.

If she files them by 30 April then it’s £300 to Companies House, and £100 to HMRC with interest on the tax liability. 20 weeks of a full grocery shop, by Jack’s ridiculous definition.

Oh and there’ll be another application from CH to strike off her company if she doesn’t submit her confirmation statement pronto. It’s a two minute job for her or someone else to do 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Unless we see an obligatory FB style vaccine photo I won’t believe Jack has had said vaccine.

In other news, have just found out Round the Twist is on Amazon. Given it was made in 1989, I predict Jack will relive how much they loved it when they were a child in the 80s (cough, one years old, cough) and talk about all the terrifying episodes.

Fancy an ear worm anyone?

Have you ever
Ever felt like this?
Do strange things happen?
Are you going round the twist?
God I loved that show. Is it free to wtch with prime?
Most memorable is definitely the missing mouth one

• Heart
Reactions: 15
9130B2D8-80AF-4768-962F-3165F4977EBD.jpeg

In Jack’s likes. And yet still no retweet of Marcus and Tom’s Full Time Meals initiative, despite it being *checks notes* 10 days, 18 hours and 9 minutes since Jack snarkily asked a squig if there was an ideal deadline by which she had to comment.

Perhaps Diva should consider introducing a ‘Hypocrite of the Year’ category?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.