Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she fib about the most inane things? If she can remember sweets being a penny, then I’m a sugar mouse and a paper twist of barley sugar.

• Haha
Reactions: 87
We don't have caterpillar cakes here, as far as I know. Lolly Jack is killing my sweet tooth anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Maybe she’s hoping for one of those sweet talking heads gigs on Channel 5’s 100 Best Moments of the 90s or other shite late night filler shows.

Of course, that requires the ability to talk about something other than yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Seriously Jack, you’re trolling us now 😴

View attachment 553650

The nostalgia threads are so boring and old. It's fun to talk about those things with friends, but with strangers online? (Unless you need to up your Twitter stats/ want to burry something). (Though I would love for someome to answer "my favourite sweets are AFFORDABLE HOUSING AND FREE SCHOOL MEALS", in Jack Monroe style)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
total bullshit. I have heard people raving about frys 5 centre thing, I'd never heard of them and I'm older than jack. turns out they stopped production in 1992. she was 4.

Screenshot_20210430-181638_Chrome.jpg

so, she must have an excellent memory of specific chocolate bars from such an early age. or...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
Quick summary: Jack used to eat sweets as a child. She liked it. The sweets were cheaper then than they are now. Not all sweets still exist.

Can we have a proper chaos now please?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
The sweet talk is making me feel depressingly old as I can remember being able to get four fruit salads etc for 1p and a mars bar for 3.5p. I did only get 10p a week pocket money at the time!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Ah, fellas. Let’s not give her a hard time. She’s always loved her sweeties, ever since she was a little girl of 32, bless ‘er.
7DACF7CA-155A-4E04-BD36-B1BD6C31DBEA.jpeg

(screenshot @Bookweevil)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.