Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she fib about the most inane things? If she can remember sweets being a penny, then I’m a sugar mouse and a paper twist of barley sugar.
I hate to be a sweets truther but I’m the same age as jack and I remember penny sweets from my childhood. Lots were 2p 3p etc but there were still 1p sweets to be found at my village post office pick and mix anyway 🔺🔺🔺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I was just about old enough to buy penny sweets in mid eighties but no way were they still that price by mid nineties.
Much as I hate to defend her, I’m slightly younger than her and do remember some shops having penny sweets. Largely smaller things but stuff like Fruit salads and blackjacks were in the dodgy shop where you knew they were probably all past their date but what is there to actually go off 😂

not a bleeping clue what a sugar mouse is though.

*waves to powershower* cross post!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I love all those names put together! I don't eat caterpillar cakes, but will be excited to be adjacent to the choccy bugs, we'll need something for the vegans? Whole bananas and a tin of pineapple slices?

And everyone's favourite ice lolly!
Jackfruit caterpillar cake with pineapple hats anyone?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Ok, I stand corrected about the penny sweets actually costing 1 penny. Seems I went shooting my mouth off without gathering all the relevant facts and information. I’m so sorry, now please leave me alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
It’s worked though the sweet tweets. She has had responses from blue ticks and we are all commenting on it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I can't contribute much to the vintage sweets chat, but I do miss getting gigantic bags of sherbert from the local sweet-shop when we went on holiday :') I'm still a bit resentful of my dad after he threw out my half-full bag of the stuff on the drive back ;-; Who needs drugs when you have 500g of pure sugar??
Pixie sticks were that for me. They were 1p and we used to buy 100 in one go. Amazing I still have all my own teef.

• Haha
  • Heart
Pixie sticks were that for me. They were 1p and we used to buy 100 in one go. Amazing I still have all my own teef.
Oh I’d forgotten those!! Those and the candy sticks - it’s probably an indictment of Blackpool that we’d pretend the pixie sticks were drugs and the candy sticks were cigarettes (I think the actual candy cigarettes were long gone by my time but I could be mistaken).

Dammit Jack, you’ve made me nostalgic against my will!

• Haha
Huh! Just elevenerifing you here - I had [pre-decimal] sixpence for church and sixpence for sweeties. I used to swindle the church and only put a halfpenny in.
My sister and I used to be given 6d for the collection in church. I used to get 3d change and we’d spend it on sweets.

Reactions: 22
Oh I’d forgotten those!! Those and the candy sticks - it’s probably an indictment of Blackpool that we’d pretend the pixie sticks were drugs and the candy sticks were cigarettes (I think the actual candy cigarettes were long gone by my time but I could be mistaken).

Dammit Jack, you’ve made me nostalgic against my will!
She is THE top lesbian influencer. You are forgiven.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Ok, I stand corrected about the penny sweets actually costing 1 penny. Seems I went shooting my mouth off without gathering all the relevant facts and information. I’m so sorry, now please leave me alone.
It’s ok Poca, you moderate tattle tirelessly and free of charge too. I’m sure you’re also having some exhausting top secret treatment that it’s not your place to talk about.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Why bury the award in the middle of these engagement tweets?
If you are accepting the award you should be proud of it. Otherwise, refuse it. Says to me Jack thinks it is below them, or embarrassed to be associated with it.

At least they read my previous post about it being poor not mentioning it. Jack, if you are reading please use the words monkey & tennis in your next tweet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Much as I hate to defend her, I’m slightly younger than her and do remember some shops having penny sweets. Largely smaller things but stuff like Fruit salads and blackjacks were in the dodgy shop where you knew they were probably all past their date but what is there to actually go off 😂

not a bleeping clue what a sugar mouse is though.

*waves to powershower* cross post!
I suppose I was working off the inflation rates with freddos!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OMG I loooovve below deck!!!! So excited for a new series! I’ve seen all the old ones.

He did actually disagree with her a few months after declaring undead love for her recipes. I think he still followed her for a while. I liked Vampire Squiggle.

I know he did but...yeah I still would 🤣🤣🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 13
This is far too polite. Please tell us to duck off...

Can we bet on here? I want to bet Bore Bot man does a sweetie based bot. Loser gets a Jack cake thrown at them (I am not responsible for any real or fake black eyes).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Current mood of the cabal bopping to Live Forever waiting for the next chaos and trying desperately not to go OT and annoy Poca.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.