Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
By far the hardest part of being a parent for me is having to be ok with the STUFF. I like things in their place but even I with my militant organisation has had to accept that you can’t live with a child and not have their stuff literally everywhere. My daughter is really tidy too but it’s blatantly obvious that a small child lives here. As it absolutely should be.
I had a blanket box in the living room when kids were young. I'd tidy up when they went to bed and could relax. When they started playing upstairs I loved it, tidy living room. But I'm more forgiving of the mess left with the grandkids, maybe because it isn't all day every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have a bedroom that my Grandkids have. It is decorated neutral colour. But there is Batman posters up on it. They haven't stayed here for a year now cos of Covid and I was shielding. But looking in the room you would know it is a child's room cos it has children's table and chairs, books, toy box and a massive box with Lego, some was my kids, others was Mr's lego from when he was young. But it is obvious a child has that room. My kids have some child's toys they kept as adults. So surely he would have posters, toys even if they were on a bookshelf and not played with.
It’s just eery now I’ve “realised” now she’s into week 5 of her pandemic getaway. I feel bad commenting on anyone’s co parenting arrangements (and would not normally) but isn’t it creepy how we’ve seen everything - book shelves, gallery walls, bedrooms, kitchen, wardrobes, bathrooms, etc and there’s not a single thing that would suggest anyone but her lived there.

I feel creepy enough realising this, how does her weird Rishi mate single parent pov schtick not freak her the duck out?!! Chilling!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Can any Fraü reccomend a particularly good thread from the past? I've treated myself to revisiting #1 - 10 and #31 (obviously) but need some Bank Holiday entertainment.
Mrs ST is glued to the Snooker as our friend is playing🔺️ I'm nodding in support but have no clue what's happening and desperately need a quiet distraction.
Thank(space)you.
As a snooks mad Frau (the WC has been partially responsible for my lack of presence lately) I am sending a nod to Mrs ST. As you’re one of my fave fraus I will neither speculate or hold against you which ever side Mrs ST is on x

ON TOPIC - JACK IS WELL BORING

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
[QUOTMaineCoonMama, post: 481
I came off of Social Media 5 years ago because of stalking. I closed my Facebook and Twitter down my kids always kept their Facebook locked down. I know I could probably go back on again but I don't. I have a family WhatsApp group and a friends WhatsApp group to keep up. I didn't announce I was leaving I just closed and that was it. Family and close friends new why I left. There is no way I'd put myself and family through that again.
I left around the same time due to Brexit and stuff had Alot of friends ( mutual) from both sides of the argument and it got to the point where I was just like screw this, so I came off. Not been back since and honestly don't miss it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
We've had such a chaos drought that last night I was starting to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought perhaps she'd made some positive changes in her life that involved not feeding us (AKA S Club 600) via social media. I don't know what came over me, she's still a mammoth attention-seeking knob. Are we having a sweepstake on how long it'll be before she comes back-but-NOT-BACK!? I'm giving her until midnight tonight.
I thought the same thing, it crossed my mind that therapy was helping her build enough of what she needs to not need social media validation all the time etc. Guess she did have the last laugh this time 😏

I do find it very interesting that she has been such a good little lurking Frau ever since that particularly bad chaos which resulted in someone (her, not her) commenting that they were sorry etc etc and then all the illness stuff and the behaving. I really do think an intervention of some sort has been had.

I’m not convinced it’s her ... perhaps it’s just a fan / someone who knows her.

Reactions: 32
NotJack seems too humble to be Jack. I don't it's her either. The food looks edible plus Jack clearly resents vegans, so I don't think she could pull off some of those dishes.

Unless of course she actually does experience fugue states and NotJack is an alternate personality who can cook.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Technically I'm not here. My wife is watching and commentating on the snooker at home but our friend is playing and I'm just thinking WTF? I'm hoping if he wins I'm gonna have a lovely old day tomorrow😉

ONTOPIC. Jack smells like unwashed lemons & cilantro

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think NotJack is not Jack. NotNotJack. Jack has a very unique (I'm being kind) online 'voice' that she can't mask. Unless NotJack is the real Jack and NotNotJack is the persona she's putting on to bring home the This Isn't Bacon.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
View attachment 557193
In Jack’s likes. And yet still no retweet of Marcus and Tom’s Full Time Meals initiative, despite it being *checks notes* 10 days, 18 hours and 9 minutes since Jack snarkily asked a squig if there was an ideal deadline by which she had to comment.

Perhaps Diva should consider introducing a ‘Hypocrite of the Year’ category?
Could we create some kind of live timer in the wiki? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh, I’m disappointed. I really thought NotJack might be Jack. I love the way Tattlers sniff out her sock accounts.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s just eery now I’ve “realised” now she’s into week 5 of her pandemic getaway. I feel bad commenting on anyone’s co parenting arrangements (and would not normally) but isn’t it creepy how we’ve seen everything - book shelves, gallery walls, bedrooms, kitchen, wardrobes, bathrooms, etc and there’s not a single thing that would suggest anyone but her lived there.

I feel creepy enough realising this, how does her weird Rishi mate single parent pov schtick not freak her the duck out?!! Chilling!
My ex husband had contact with the kids. They would take toys with them and bring them back home. I did send toys there for them to play at his. But he sold them, so I refused to send anymore round. But you'd think there would be toys her son played with, while there. You can't hide kids things, they leave things around the house.

I left around the same time due to Brexit and stuff had Alot of friends ( mutual) from both sides of the argument and it got to the point where I was just like screw this, so I came off. Not been back since and honestly don't miss it.
I refused to discuss Brexit seen a lot of squabbles on my TL and the amount of people blocking people they had been friends with for years. My philosophy on politics is you vote for what is best for you, so my vote may not be the same as my family and friends but they have the democratic right to vote what they think is best.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.