Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
also!

1. a lot of hotel rooms have empty fridges for your own use.

2. if you'd asked for it to be emptied, why would you open it? oh, right, parsley. why are you taking parsley to a hotel?
Either taking a parsley bath or some weird tit, or she's bought her slow cooker along and will be making kombacha chicken or some bleeping insane thing and cooking it in the room overnight.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
She's hidden the branded kombucha cans because they're in direct competition with her own kombucha products. One day she'll unclasp the recipe for whiskey-bucha from her bosom and release it into the wild. In her absence the sixteen SCOBYs in the fridge have probably evolved a method of locomotion by now and have formed a symbiotic relationship with the sentient mirror.
I hope Jack's kombucha explodes on her and stains all her tat with sticky gloop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She's hidden the branded kombucha cans because they're in direct competition with her own kombucha products. One day she'll unclasp the recipe for whiskey-bucha from her bosom and release it into the wild. In her absence the sixteen SCOBYs in the fridge have probably evolved a method of locomotion by now and have formed a symbiotic relationship with the sentient mirror.
It's probably to make them blend with the booze, to make it seem even more shocking!

Also.... remembered that NotJack wrote about staying at a Marriott hotel 3 weeks ago, and found out that one in Manchester has a fridge in some rooms?? Am I going nuts or is this crumb dropping - I genuinely can't tell at this point :O

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Must say, I don't know anyone who's ever had to stay in a hotel for ~medical reasons~ 🤔
I stayed in a hotel with my sister when she had a nose job in Malaga :unsure:. I’m still convinced she’ll be emerging with a new face.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I hope she isn’t in Manchester and it was a glorious, jolly rouse. Something is simmering, only time will tell.
But let’s face it we’re in 2021, no alcohol in the room isn’t an unusual request.

Reactions: 43
From the No1 living kombucha can website 🧐
Screenshot 2021-04-23 230729.png

I mean I know it says they are categorised as non-alcoholic, but surely an alchoholic who can't trust themselves around alcohol (as in asking for drinks to be removed) should be avoiding this? Or am I going to extremes about it?

ETA: I'm assuming this is why she's turned the cans around, to stop questions about alcohol and kombucha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
Ok, so I clearly have too much time on my hands but I decided to check the Marriotts to see if they had fridges. Turns out that they don't, since Covid... I did think that fridge was far too big for a normal hotel - they're usually 1/4 of that size, and that looks more like an ApartHotel's, or an AirBnB??

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
IMHO I think it was two things with DKL that made her tricky, based on what I know of her.

1. I think Jack LOVED the idea of people bringing her things and being 'the talent'. I worked with a presenter in the early part of last year before lockdown and before we were due to film heard she was quite demanding. She may have been but I didn't see that. When I got on set she was totally professional, very charming with me, read her autocue with ease (even though she had never done TV before) and took direction well. The difference, this woman was GOOD at her job. So even though she may have been sucking up to me, the series producer and others and acting like an entitled cow to the other production staff, she was largely thought well of.

I imagine Jack acted pretty entitled and was also not that great at taking direction or reading an autocue, so the pain of working with her wasn't even 'worth it' for the team.

Personally I cannot stand people who act as though the production team are there to serve them and try and butter up 'the creatives'. I came up in TV through production and it really grates my mushrooms.

2. I don't do live TV so can't comment on the sniping between Jack and Matt (plus I haven't watched DKL and don't really want to) but I've had rushes through before where I've thought 'eeeesh that was a bit sharp/they did not like answering that question' and sometimes you have to cut around it because it's sorta obvious. But those instances are few are far between because normally production will have thought about chemistry etc or worked with the person prior. I get the sense that Jack was a wild card that did not pay off for a casting producer. They would have gotten it in the neck. I would have!
I would LOVE to know what went on behind the scenes at DKL.
I imagine she must have made everyone’s lives really difficult on that show, whether due to her lack of professionalism, her personality, or a mix of both. She will have created a lot of extra work for everyone and will have been a bit of an energy vampire. It also seems highly likely that Jack’s reputation for being “difficult” (in her own words) originated with this.
Also, it’s clear there were high hopes that DKL would be re-commissioned if things went well. That obviously didn’t happen, and Jack probably played a significant role in that. So Cactus TV may blame her for them losing work. (That would certainly be serious enough to explain the apparent blacklisting). Whereas Saturday Kitchen is light and breezy, DKL had a tense, negative atmosphere and was quite difficult to watch.
The fact that there is no trace of this show on Cactus TV’s website speaks volumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Lol it gets funnier the more you think about it.

It’s just 👨‍🍳 💋 And again, nicking things from here, we’d just recently been laughing about Jack booking under a false name at that Lake District place.

I can’t get over that “mini” bar. As others have pointed out, they are not cheap. Fair enough to request to remove the alcohol, but omg you don’t need to actually use it! No way can Jack claim to be even slightly poor now. You sneak your own things in so you don’t pay a fortune for the minibar, and no parsley doesn’t count.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
hotel stays when you're coming in for surgery from far away are a thing. 🔺️ I work in an ophthalmology department that is a centre for ocular oncology and we have patients coming in from far afield. if it's not appropriate to put them in hospital accommodation the night before surgery, we put them in a hotel. it was previously the local jury's inn, but now it's the b+b round the corner. so, yeah, no mini bars.

but she has completely filled that fridge all by herself. absolutely bizarre behaviour

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.