Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Babe, same x
Since I don't speak English anymore on a day to day basis my main linguistic influences are the Frauen. Lord Jesus Christ on a bike when I travel to the UK again, I'll speak Coven only and can be 🔺 immediately. But only by a fellow Frau 🥰.
This is just about the same for me - my English has, weirdly, improved due to the regular use on these threads. I am English so it’s not as if I’m learning new stuff, per say, but regular use away from my adopted language has been a welcome bonus to the calling out of Monroe’s nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Overall, I think JM's biggest problm is that she does not really enjoy cooking. She enjoys the attention she got through her initial budget cooking and is constantly chasing that, rather than actually liking the job of being a food writer. So it's all a show she needs to keep up, but she gets worse at that 'show'. The stories are embelished more each time (from 70 hr workweeks to 100hr workweeks), the kitchen set ups get quirkier, the replacement ingredients weirder etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Tom and Marcus are all over BBC breakfast this morning.
Surely with Jack being such a supporter, she’d be up and tweeting about it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I don't like cereal at all, but I would enjoy honey nut icecream I think (I used to like the Ritter bar with cornflakes)

Jack's receipes weren't the worst when she had Alegra helping her, or when there is a proper team that edits/adapts the recipes. Post-Alegra it has gone downhill as she doesn;t graps basic cooking chemistry, and the combinations she presents us with are often just bizarre, like LM sausages in a curry, don't work, or miss ingredients to give it flavour.

Ricky Gervais is not my favourite brand of strawberry jam, but I do like how when people say he works so hard he's like 'nah, my dad was a larborer, he worked hard and for little money, we should not complain about our hard work, it's embarassing' (I am paraphrasing as I'm too lazy to look for the exact quotes). It's embarassing how much she moans about having to do work, and it's embarassing that she calls tweeting about her tit (literally) work.
Aren’t loads of his family care workers and nurses. I don’t like cringe comedy so I don’t watch the office but I think he realises how well off he is. Also his girlfriend is very funny author Jane Fallon. I’m having a reading hiatus (concentration issues) so haven’t managed her books yet so clarify I think she is funny, don’t know about her books.
I did English lit and used to read everything all the time, I’ve had to give loads of my books to charity when we moved. But recently I’ve really found it a struggle to read new things. Also with films. I’ve got no concentration span. I can’t fact starting something after 8 at night - I’m so tired. For other parents with smalls- is this normal and does it go?

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm going to start by saying something nice: her hair looks lovely here and I personally think she comes across as being most natural and comfortable when she isn't trying to force the masculine aesthetic.

Now onto the important stuff:

1. Going by what she's said in the past, this video lines up with the exact time her relationship was going down the toilet, which makes it come across as even more deranged. I initially thought it was a "Look at what you're missing" message after SHE LEFT but I don't think the timeline's quite right (though I suppose I should be used to that where Jack's concerned).

2. I wasn't expecting the self-satisfied squee towards the end and I think my soul temporarily left my body through the sheer
Imforce of the cringe.

3. To bastardise a cliche, if she was slop she'd eat herself.

4. The above still from the video makes it look like she has a bellend in her hair.
I'm just hijacking this to say that Slop Will Eat Itself would be a great foray for Slopbot after the Pet Slop Boys.

I will also cede that Jack's hair is gorgeous long. That is all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Looks like it might be a busy day for Jack's mentions, her fans are hopping aboard! Wonder how long she can go trying to ignore all these shoutouts 🥰 🥰

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 08.39.04.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Aren’t loads of his family care workers and nurses. I don’t like cringe comedy so I don’t watch the office but I think he realises how well off he is. Also his girlfriend is very funny author Jane Fallon. I’m having a reading hiatus (concentration issues) so haven’t managed her books yet so clarify I think she is funny, don’t know about her books.
I did English lit and used to read everything all the time, I’ve had to give loads of my books to charity when we moved. But recently I’ve really found it a struggle to read new things. Also with films. I’ve got no concentration span. I can’t fact starting something after 8 at night - I’m so tired. For other parents with smalls- is this normal and does it go?
It's pretty normal, especially as yours are still quite tiny. I definitely don't read as much anymore, but I don't know if that's because I'm choosier nowadays or if my attention span (which was never great tbh) has got worse. When I find something good, it's devoured like a slop eating greedy goblin though.

If you feel like you're unnaturally tired and space cadety, it might be worth getting your iron/vitamin levels checked out cos they can affect concentration and energy levels too.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If you weren't involved in it wouldn't it be simpler and less embarrassing to say something like 'I wasn't involved this time but of course I fully support the campaign'. Maybe share some links to food poverty charities? Instead of these veiled hints about being 'consulted'.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Tom's just saying something about how the recipes are designed to be done in around 25 minutes, so there's no leaving things in slow cookers for hours or stir, stir, stirring going on here. she's not involved at all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
She really thought she'd made it. That's the vibes I get from those DKL-era uploads. This was it, she was gonna be everyones new telly crush. Sadly, the only thing that ended up getting crushed was whoever gave her the job's nuts.
I agree, it seems to me like she really thought she'd made it therefore was happy to do away with the identities she needed to make herself relevant

Yes it does! I promise it does. once they stop needing you allll the time you'll have the mental capacity back!

Reactions: 28
She's up...

1619077798919.png

Here's my take - I wonder if they did politely talk to her about it. I mean, from their point of view it would make sense to, this is something that she is somewhat known for and outside of our FORENSIC analysis often referred to as an 'expert'. They heard her 'expert' opinion, and probably a lot of others, took it on board, FWIWW, and then got on with their thing that is being brilliantly handled.

ETA: @Veronicaaa - babe, same x

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Aren’t loads of his family care workers and nurses. I don’t like cringe comedy s

o I don’t watch the office but I think he realises how well off he is. Also his girlfriend is very funny author Jane Fallon. I’m having a reading hiatus (concentration issues) so haven’t managed her books yet so clarify I think she is funny, don’t know about her books.

It sounds like tiredness to me. I can do a certain amount on autopilot but due to constant tiredness I have no motivation for much beyond the routine. When the little ones get older it does get easier and in theory you get more sleep unless there are health issues/Asd disorders which can affect sleep. I used to be an avid reader of books too. I had loads but donated them all to free up space when I was expecting my 2nd child. I was given a kindle for my birthday which I love as I have so many more books and access to new material. But I haven't read a book since discovering Tattle. I've only got time for this thread too. But it's reading and its Jack Monroe so I'm counting it as fiction. Once you get more sleep, you will feel better and more capable. Don't rush yourself or overthink it just now. So long as you and your family have what you need, you will be ok. Daytime naps if you get the chance are highly recommended, not just for newborn stage either.

I had to ask my mum about Grunka as she is Swedish, I'm only half and I'm not as fluent. We've always said grej to mean doodah or thingymabob but she said it's regional and Grunka is used more commonly in other areas. I wonder if Vlad has been trying to tell me something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
STUNNING lack of retweets about the campaign though so far. Even if you aren't shouting about your involvement, it seems strange not to take 2 seconds to do the most minimal of promotion about it.

Plenty of time for this though...

1619078053206.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
She's up...

View attachment 540964

Here's my take - I wonder if they did politely talk to her about it. I mean, from their point of view it would make sense to, this is something that she is somewhat known for and outside of our FORENSIC analysis often referred to as an 'expert'. They heard her 'expert' opinion, and probably a lot of others, took it on board, FWIWW, and then got on with their thing that is being brilliantly handled.

ETA: @Veronicaaa - babe, same x
Indeed, being "involved" could mean anything. I have been involved in government policy because I filled in a government questionnaire.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.