Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She needs to keep her oar out of London 🙄 we don’t want your mad tourist novelty ideas, some of us have to live here 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I did English lit and used to read everything all the time, I’ve had to give loads of my books to charity when we moved. But recently I’ve really found it a struggle to read new things. Also with films. I’ve got no concentration span. I can’t fact starting something after 8 at night - I’m so tired. For other parents with smalls- is this normal and does it go?
I have a Lit degree and teach English but struggle to find the headspace to read for pleasure. I hardly read when my kids were small. recently I am reading again. I have really enjoyed 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strage World by Elif Shafak, Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, and American Dirt by Jeannie Cummins- recommended by School friends. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Agatha Cristie) recommended by @Vanelope (edit! you!) as jack was reading it. And now I am workign my way through the bridgerton boks. They are terrible but I am enjoying an easy read.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Important to note, I think, that this fan of Jack's, to whom Jack chose to respond, is a true blue tory, who likes to volunteer as a food bank and hand out Jack's recipes for clout, even while working for a party which is responsible for people needing food banks in the first place.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 08.57.41.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
I rolled my eyes the same way I rolled them when someone at my old work kept leaving satsuma peels ON the bin in penis shapes.
Overall, I think JM's biggest problm is that she does not really enjoy cooking. She enjoys the attention she got through her initial budget cooking and is constantly chasing that, rather than actually liking the job of being a food writer. So it's all a show she needs to keep up, but she gets worse at that 'show'. The stories are embelished more each time (from 70 hr workweeks to 100hr workweeks), the kitchen set ups get quirkier, the replacement ingredients weirder etc.
Absolutely this. She is like today's kids who wanted to be famous youtubers and now want to be tiktockers..
Shhe wants all the glory without the work and thought as a one trick pony that she could 'dine out' on her previous success for ever.
Probably hoped that high profile girlfriend would help, Allegra was probably more profitable given her status in the food world

Reactions: 33
I just don’t know what to believe. Either Jack was consulted but has been too busy (lol) to even RT a project she was involved in

OR

there’s a smol bitter pixie in London wailing that she’s not getting enough attention before her day’s treatment session. (Jack - please focus on the treatment)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Tom's just saying something about how the recipes are designed to be done in around 25 minutes, so there's no leaving things in slow cookers for hours or stir, stir, stirring going on here. she's not involved at all
I'm actually interested in their product. I went for That Man's quick and easy recipes but it was slightly disingenuous in terms of prep time and the pre ingredients list was a biggie.
This sounds much more realistic

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Idk why anyone believes she was consulted, she’s a pathological liar as proven time and time again. Sainsbury’s would know better than to involve her in any project, especially involving vulnerable children as look at what she had to say about a dead vulnerable child.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Idk why anyone believes she was consulted, she’s a pathological liar as proven time and time again. Sainsbury’s would know better than to involve her in any project, especially involving vulnerable children as look at what she had to say about a dead vulnerable child.
Not only a pathological liar, she's lazy, unprepared, and unknowledgeable too.

Jack Monroe; Useless.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Utter bollocks.

She live-tweeted a bout of the shits. If there's anything she doesn't shout about, I have yet to see it. Also seems to have plenty of time to endlessly name search herself, engage in riveting discussions about crisp flavours and arrange her warehouses of charity shop crockery for the 'gram.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I’ve ran many projects. Before you start you look about and have chats with people. Doesn’t mean they are involved with your project.

day 8

Matt obviously won the arm wrestle and got to wear denim today (and it suits him well). Jack is EXTREMELY pleased with herself in this episode.
Matt has a lot of fun banter with the 2 male guests. Dr Raj is nice isn’t he.
Dusty Aunt Helen gets mentioned - hilarious.... jack makes a brown curry which she has forensically remembered and recreated from what her dad used to make. RATHER THAN JUST bleeping ASKING HIM.
Brown curry and rice can be served with anything apparently rice, chickpeas, dirt.
someone asks if they can make the brown curry with fish and Jack ( a literal food expert) tells her that it would now be a brown fish curry. No wonder the government consult her on food issues, we’d be fucked without her.

I need someone else to watch and look at her face when she tries Matts food and see what they think.

So obviously they have clips of people who can cook to help the cooking programme - Nadia and Nigella (only need one name famous). Jacks face when Matt mentions Mummy (shiver). Don’t give her your address mummy!

I’m hormonal so have no tolerance for twatness today.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 45
You know what might be cool - if the world becomes a bit more normal again, though there's ways round it if not, I guess online would work - would be to take this and drive it into communities, embed it, by training up a small army of volunteer cookery teachers who could continue it on, for their own communities, and run small classes for kids or even parents that regularly update the skills. If it was a charity thing you could use donations to potentially buy ingredients for students and get food safety certificates etc for volunteers. Cooking classes aren't revolutionary I grant you, but with the backing of this campaign I reckon you could get close to making them cool(ish).
Not to make you more emosh @Flumps but this is already a thing in my part of the world - over zoom at the moment but in person in school kitchens after school pre-pandemic. The classes give lifelong skills and confidence but it also means that families are being given fresh and ambient high quality ingredients once a week, that are also helping them build their store cupboards. They are open to everyone to reduce stigma, too. And it's stuff people want to eat like pizza and apple crumble.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It being early yet, isn't it likely that some - of their followers at least - are going to be making reference to it on their feed throughout the day?
Rather than - ' I was involved, I'm busy', would it be so hard for Jack to tweet their wholehearted support of this wonderful venture? Even from a PR point of view, its better than what Jack has replied so far, which comes over as slightly sulky, imo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
For a project like this, I’m sure lots of people were involved in some way. But to say that they were consulted implies that they were pivotal in some way. I don’t see anyone else on Twitter claiming credit for this, and it seems that Jack is trying to claim credit for something (again) that they aren’t involved in. The thing that gets me is that they’re saying they don’t shout about everything they do (umm really?), and that they don’t have time to do everything that needs to be done. So Marcus and Tom are just your minions that you’ve allowed into the spotlight while you’re busy working out where the next sideboard will go? Sorry for rambling, but when will it all end?

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack's fans are the worst. This is from a bretxiteer.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 09.29.40.png

It being early yet, isn't it likely that some - of her followers at least - are going to be making reference to it on her feed throughout the day?
Rather than - ' I was involved, I'm busy', would it be so hard for her to tweet her wholehearted support of this wonderful venture? Even from a PR point of view, its better than what she has replied so far, which comes over as slightly sulky, imo.
TBH I think she'll rather enjoy people implying that Marcus and Tom are stealing her thunder, she won't want to shut it down because the more its out there the more 'true' it gets, in her mind. She cares less about the cause than she does about her own publicity.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
I’ve ran many projects. Before you start you look about and have chats with people. Doesn’t mean they are involved with your project.

day 8

Matt obviously won the arm wrestle and got to wear denim today (and it suits him well). Jack is EXTREMELY pleased with herself in this episode.
Matt has a lot of fun banter with the 2 male guests. Dr Raj is nice isn’t he.
Dusty Aunt Helen gets mentioned - hilarious.... jack makes a brown curry which she has forensically remembered and recreated from what her dad used to make. RATHER THAN JUST bleeping ASKING HIM.
Brown curry and rice can be served with anything apparently rice, chickpeas, dirt.
someone asks if they can make the brown curry with fish and Jack ( a literal food expert) tells her that it would now be a brown fish curry. No wonder the government consult her on food issues, we’d be fucked without her.

I need someone else to watch and look at her face when she tries Matts food and see what they think.

So obviously they have clips of people who can cook to help the cooking programme - Nadia and Nigella (only need one name famous). Jacks face when Matt mentions Mummy (shiver). Don’t give her your address mummy!

I’m hormonal so have no tolerance for twatness today.
She's so obsessed with herself she can't stop looking at herself in the camera feeds. I'm only 3 mins in and she's done it 3 times already.

Definitely an improvement make up wise, and her outfit looks good.

ETA; Someone made her mango tray bake and substituted tinned peaches instead, hmmmmmm, does Del Monte know you stole the idea from a child, Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Jack's fans are the worst. This is from a bretxiteer.

View attachment 541019

TBH I think she'll rather enjoy people implying that Marcus and Tom are stealing her thunder, she won't want to shut it down because the more its out there the more 'true' it gets, in her mind. She cares less about the cause than she does about her own publicity.
she won’t promote it. She will only comment. She doesn’t promote things unless she’s paid to (too busy tweeting about diarrhoea).

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Not to make you more emosh @Flumps but this is already a thing in my part of the world - over zoom at the moment but in person in school kitchens after school pre-pandemic. The classes give lifelong skills and confidence but it also means that families are being given fresh and ambient high quality ingredients once a week, that are also helping them build their store cupboards. They are open to everyone to reduce stigma, too. And it's stuff people want to eat like pizza and apple crumble.
Being open to everyone feels really important doesn't it? That sounds like a perfect set up, and has added to my emosh, but in a lovely way. Humans are alright aren't they?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.