Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking forward to Jacks reply.

Although, she may well end up “collaborating” with a recipe at some point - they are doing a weekly recipe for a year, I think. Still, someone else has the measure !
Wow! Fetch some cold towels for that burrrrrnnn!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The awkward hand strikes again! The angle is making it look like she has six ET fingers, it's proper freaking me out. The hand also looks like she could be a woman acting out being in gastric distress in an advert for some kind of IBS medication. Big masculine energy either way.

View attachment 540673
One of those Buscopan ads where some poor fucker has been carrying Jack's food around in her handbag all day.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I like that grunka means “thing” so that even if somebody checked whatI meant by “on a grunka” they still wouldn’t know that I’m reading loads of tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She's on the friggin' BBC website as well with her baking, which in fairness looks way less slop-like than her usual output. Saw an article on cheap baking recipes and there she is, and I'm spiteful to the extent it's probably a serious character defect so I will now be looking elsewhere

eta: how is honey nut ice-cream a recipe? that's something I'd make high as hell at like 3am
Sorry, this may get me kicked out of the cabal but I love the sound of honey nut cornflake ice cream. Cereal of the gods.
In the same way that a stopped clock is right twice a day, will Jack occasionally accidentally create an edible recipe?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Sorry, this may get me kicked out of the cabal but I love the sound of honey nut cornflake ice cream. Cereal of the gods.
In the same way that a stopped clock is right twice a day, will Jack occasionally accidentally create an edible recipe?
Is it that cereal milk ice cream thing that was popular a few years ago? You infuse your milk with a sugary cereal and use it as the base for the ice cream

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I'd get this 😂
View attachment 540707

I think she was showing off her 'mummy body' or some bo-po bollocks so the crinkly tummy is her own for once.
Bought my sister a Djungelskog for Christmas and she says it’s the best present she’s ever had! 😂 He’s huge and very, very soft.

Looked up the recipe for honey but ice cream and...wtf? I’ve never seen a recipe for ice cream that suggests freezing it into ice cubes first then bashing half melted ice cubes together? Is this normal?

EDFE720B-8DE2-469C-BE46-DDF3866C4406.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 03.39.24.png

Her attempts to be funny make me cringe so bad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I think that the Marcus Rashford/Tom Kerridge campaign is launched today. Very good coverage in this BBC article. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-56825700

It would be nice if Jack could retweet it without trying to elbow their way in there. As in 'I remember fondly when I showed Marcus how to rinse beans, etc.'.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I think that the Marcus Rashford/Tom Kerridge campaign is launched today. Very good coverage in this BBC article. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-56825700

It would be nice if Jack could retweet it without trying to elbow their way in there. As in 'I remember fondly when I showed Marcus how to rinse beans, etc.'.
Well we know that ain’t gunna happen.
I’d imagine our Jackie girl is RAGING!
this is ‘her’ thing don’t forget. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
MR on BBC Breakfast and the interviewer says “Is it fair to say that the kitchen hasn’t always been your favourite place?” 🤣 He’s all up in her niche!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
As we all know Jack has been advising behind the scenes 🤭 due to modesty and being too busy or something like that, but I wonder in what capacity? The poverty angle? Marcus and Tom both have experience of that. Creating nutritious, appetising and cheap recipes? Let's not be silly. Campaigning? Marcus actually achieves things.
So I am wondering what unique skill set our modest yet maverick goblin brings to the table. Hopefully she can be persuaded to explain so that she gets the credit she is obviously due.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.