Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can't use mushroom instead of garlic that is not how this works, that is not how any of this works!
I double the garlic in most recipes I use. Imagine replacing it with mushrooms. Good God. I think I might be having a stroke.

(NB I love mushrooms, I think my point is clear)
It’s complete bonkers. Speaking as a mushroom and garlic fiend, what madness. For example, my absolute fave and go-to pizza is simply mushroom and fresh garlic, with perhaps a bit of chilli. I would eat a mushroom+mushroom pizza, but I wouldn’t pretend that it’s the same..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Is that some weird filter in the Femme photo, as her face is looking more and more like it belongs in the House of Wax movie town....

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Mom has sent the trifle defender get well wishes complete with a x. Nigella is pure class on Twitter
She's been making bacon brownies today. Odds on a certain pixie shoving £1 bacon bits into premade brownie mix next week?

I'm not sure where this will land, so I hope it's not in a terrible place (I'm still on #181), but I went to Ikea this evening and spotted this!View attachment 540656
Do they sell them in pre-rusted brown?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
In the thirsty post she said she couldn't handle the early mornings and long hours.

Again, Jack, which one is it?
Bae caught herself sleeping pic was to emphasize how hard Jack works...5am hair bollocks disco is so everyone else in the house suffers the same wake up time.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She really thought she'd made it. That's the vibes I get from those DKL-era uploads. This was it, she was gonna be everyones new telly crush. Sadly, the only thing that ended up getting crushed was whoever gave her the job's nuts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
I just realised, IKEA name their things after actual Swedish words, so a quick Google and:

grunka
noun
referring to an object whose name is unknown or cannot be recalled
hickey; → grej; mackapär; mojäng; grunka; manick; a thing
doohickey; → tingest; ting; pryl; sak; manick; mojäng; grunka; mackapär

I am so going to start calling things a grunka when I forget their name.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I desperately want to go to Ikea today. Trying to convince myself I don't need utensils, I don't want to become a utensil hoarder.

Im cracking under the pressure!

• Haha
I desperately want to go to Ikea today. Trying to convince myself I don't need utensils, I don't want to become a utensil hoarder.

Just get hotdogs and a jar of dill mustard! You don’t need utensils!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She really thought she'd made it. That's the vibes I get from those DKL-era uploads. This was it, she was gonna be everyones new telly crush. Sadly, the only thing that ended up getting crushed was whoever gave her the job's nuts.
Oh 100% this! She's like a sim, trying to boost her charisma level by talking in the mirror!

The maddest part is, she could have been everything her curly hair head dreamed off. If she put in the effort into her performance and research instead of this silliness, she could have been something. Too interested in her own reflection and has ended up just chasing shadows instead.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
The awkward hand strikes again! The angle is making it look like she has six ET fingers, it's proper freaking me out. The hand also looks like she could be a woman acting out being in gastric distress in an advert for some kind of IBS medication. Big masculine energy either way.

what is that hand.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Oh LJC I called my cats smolbots t'other day! I've also been saying handsnomes from the Hinch thread. Can you tell I spend a lot of time on my own?
Babe, same x
Since I don't speak English anymore on a day to day basis my main linguistic influences are the Frauen. Lord Jesus Christ on a bike when I travel to the UK again, I'll speak Coven only and can be 🔺 immediately. But only by a fellow Frau 🥰.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

I'd get this 😂
Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-51-42-82.jpg

The awkward hand strikes again! The angle is making it look like she has six ET fingers, it's proper freaking me out. The hand also looks like she could be a woman acting out being in gastric distress in an advert for some kind of IBS medication. Big masculine energy either way.

View attachment 540673
I think she was showing off her 'mummy body' or some bo-po bollocks so the crinkly tummy is her own for once.

• Haha
  • Wow
Found this while looking for the femme pic:

View attachment 540663
From @MrsOgre
I'm going to start by saying something nice: her hair looks lovely here and I personally think she comes across as being most natural and comfortable when she isn't trying to force the masculine aesthetic.

Now onto the important stuff:

1. Going by what she's said in the past, this video lines up with the exact time her relationship was going down the toilet, which makes it come across as even more deranged. I initially thought it was a "Look at what you're missing" message after SHE LEFT but I don't think the timeline's quite right (though I suppose I should be used to that where Jack's concerned).

2. I wasn't expecting the self-satisfied squee towards the end and I think my soul temporarily left my body through the sheer force of the cringe.

3. To bastardise a cliche, if she was slop she'd eat herself.

4. The above still from the video makes it look like she has a bellend in her hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Oh 100% this! She's like a sim, trying to boost her charisma level by talking in the mirror!

The maddest part is, she could have been everything her curly hair head dreamed off. If she put in the effort into her performance and research instead of this silliness, she could have been something. Too interested in her own reflection and has ended up just chasing shadows instead.
She really could have. I think that's what's so frustrating for a lot of the cabal - opportunity after opportunity seemingly falls in her lap, and from really diverse corners too - but she just SHAN'T put any effort in to it. It's not just a case of turning up and looking cute.

• Heart
The forced chuckle she gives always takes me back to THAT kitten video. Blood curdling. It just seems so odd given she is just acting up to the camera.

And totally agree with her wasted opportunities. She had two weeks on DKL to make an impact but was woeful.
Hopping around giggling for no reason does not make good viewing. Plus the irritating mock self deprecating comments.

Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.