Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s Mrs. B’s birthday today...it’s a mixed one, given the sudden loss of her twin, so it’s lower key than usual.

I did though, as a special treat, show her the colourful ensemble. She said to pass on that she thought it ‘bleeping hideous’ and ‘I hope one of the kids has bought me some eye bleach because that’s now emblazoned on my retinas’ 🤣🤣🤣 God I love my wife 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
Jesus Harry, first Hislop and now...well, I don't know who he is either, but let's just say I will never make him a birthday cake.
I now know I am as old as the hills. Wilfried Brambell (Albert Steptoe) was an old theatre lovey queen. A grand dame of the London gay scene in the 1960s. Never mind the onions, Winnie (as he was known) was acerbic.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Day 7. I think this is a boring one. They aren’t on screen that much compared to the clips they use.

Only a denim shirt. However I’m sure she’s wearing a push up bra and she keeps pulling the shirt over to cover herself.
Her hair looks like she got a toddler to do it and her make up makes her look like aunt sally, wtf is going on with the blusher?

it’s probably the least dramatic episode I remember. The silly giggling is annoying
What is it with the constant giggling ? I assume nerves ? They as in Jack are not very relaxing to watch

Not convinced by their relationship at this point Jack takes a few digs at Matt so think they may simply not like each other much

It’s Mrs. B’s birthday today...it’s a mixed one, given the sudden loss of her twin, so it’s lower key than usual.

I did though, as a special treat, show her the colourful ensemble. She said to pass on that she thought it ‘bleeping hideous’ and ‘I hope one of the kids has bought me some eye bleach because that’s now emblazoned on my retinas’ 🤣🤣🤣 God I love my wife 😂
Sending Mrs B love

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Those clothes she has chosen are vile - she's basically picked an outfit to try and draw even more attention to herself.

I'll say this once at the risk of offending the thread, but Jack genuinely is the type of lesbian who makes me feel ashamed to be gay. She's the one who is portrayed in the media as this eccentric, activist, campaigning blogger with a way out there style and changing her pronouns and who she is like the wind. And then people look at her and think that's how gay people are and I hate it, I hate she thinks she's a spokesperson for everything LGBTQ+ when she's probably got less valid opinions than a man in 1912.

If people could scratch beneath the surface they'd see a person who is so deeply unhappy at who they are, with no sense of direction and keeps stealing peoples personality. Personality to Jack is that outfit above, it's crass, distasteful and again just another tool to bring the attention back on her. I really really hope people don't see her and think that is how we all dress/behave/act, she is probably the worst representation of a gay person in a long time.
I doubt many people here would be offended by this, you're spot on! It's really cringeworthy behaviour from her, and I'd expect it from someone far younger whos' just beginning to come to terms with their sexuality rather than a woman nearly in her early 30s. She treats her gender identity and sexuality like cute, quirky personality traits that change by the phase of the moon rather than an important part of her self, probably because, as mentioned previously, she doesn't actually have a permanent sense of self.

If she stopped chasing attention she could actually mature enough to be a decent activist/representative of the LGBTQ+ community, but as it stands I also think she's terrible for our image. I know that a few other gay people don't like Drag Race etc. because it perpetuates old stereotypes about the community ('gay men are bitchy' etc), and Jack isn't any different (albeit much less entertaining). She's embarrassing and acts like a child - not exactly in line with her personal view of herself as a hardworking campaigner. Don't know why she goes on about us being the bullies when she seems pretty adept at bullying herself!!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Those clothes she has chosen are vile - she's basically picked an outfit to try and draw even more attention to herself.

I'll say this once at the risk of offending the thread, but Jack genuinely is the type of lesbian who makes me feel ashamed to be gay. She's the one who is portrayed in the media as this eccentric, activist, campaigning blogger with a way out there style and changing her pronouns and who she is like the wind. And then people look at her and think that's how gay people are and I hate it, I hate she thinks she's a spokesperson for everything LGBTQ+ when she's probably got less valid opinions than a man in 1912.

If people could scratch beneath the surface they'd see a person who is so deeply unhappy at who they are, with no sense of direction and keeps stealing peoples personality. Personality to Jack is that outfit above, it's crass, distasteful and again just another tool to bring the attention back on her. I really really hope people don't see her and think that is how we all dress/behave/act, she is probably the worst representation of a gay person in a long time.
Nail head. Not happy to have Jackie on the team whatsoever.😠

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Watching Prince sing When Doves Cry on TV now. Back in 80's he was gender non conforming, and sexy as all hell. Annie Lenox with her androgynous look, Phil Oakey with his makeup and jewellery (he's another that has aged well). Even as far back as the 70s with Bowie and Patti Smith gender non conformity was around.

Jack, it is not radical, edgy, or new for a bird to wear trazzzzers, so why make a big thing out of it this morning? If you feel comfortable in trazzzzers sodding wear them nobody will turn a hair, it's all been done before...

and done so much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
In this one tiny corner of living space, I think I can see at least four pictures of Jack. Who the hell displays so many photos of themselves, let alone in their kitchen!?

Screenshot_20210421_152229_com.android.chrome_edit_197752851088053.jpg

Not even going to comment on the general clutter because I've only just recovered from my initial reaction and don't want to risk another episode.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
In this one tiny corner of living space, I think I can see at least four pictures of Jack. Who the hell displays so many photos of themselves, let alone in their kitchen!?
That looks like a shrine to fire hazards.
I have a relative who likes to say 'why would you have pictures on your walls when you could have mirrors and look at yourself all day?' - it blows my mind that people live and think like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The closer you get, the worse they become. Unsurprising that her Kitchen Essentials range didn't take off. Not sure what happened to the launch, but these were posted on the last day it was ever mentioned.

View attachment 539404

If she has left the crappy bungalow and is never to return, could it be that her reluctance to be transparent about what she is actually doing is due to her new arrangements would officially lift the lid on her role in the childcare / living arrangements for her son? She has always said that she needed to stay in Southend to allow him to be near his Dad, but could it be that it was the other way around. She can't square the circle of being away long-term and not in his day to day life, so has to invent ~ reasons ~ for her absence. It is now 25 days since she was first pictured in her little happy place. She could be planning ahead for a move to a Secondary school away from Southend, but I suspect a change in the family dynamic that she doesn't want to share as it raises obvious questions that are difficult to answer about Mama / Son living arrangements.
I have wondered for a while if Dad has majority custody and Jack has visiting rights. But what did she do for that to happen (if it did).

Kitchen pics are pure boak.

Reactions: 29
Patrick Bateman
Jenna Maroney
Lorelai Gilmore
Samantha Jones

I can name a few real life examples too but SHAN'T.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

View attachment 539791

Not even going to comment on the general clutter because I've only just recovered from my initial reaction and don't want to risk another episode.
There are no pictures of me, and I've never taken a selfie

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't know who that is, but I'd do him.

Apologies to all who did not need to know this.
You’re not at all! It’s the work of minutes to wipe in a drawer or cupboard and pop everything away! I have a very old kitchen but everything is pulled out and cleaned regularly. I just absolutely am still tickled when I think of you and the cutlery drawer ❤😂❤

My parents both came from huge WC families so it’s ingrained in me too. It’s a combo of looking after your things and home so they are nice and last, and also keeping on top of mess so it doesn’t get out of control.
Same here, large extended working class families. Homes clean inside and out and woe betide anyone on the landing who didn’t take their turn cleaning the communal landing and stairs. Jack seems equate clutter with some sort of upper class vibe and eccentricity. Can you imagine the cobwebs dangling from the grease.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
I now know I am as old as the hills. Wilfried Brambell (Albert Steptoe) was an old theatre lovey queen. A grand dame of the London gay scene in the 1960s. Never mind the onions, Winnie (as he was known) was acerbic.
Thank you! You're not that old, I'm just foreign. 😉

By the way, a man I used to work with maaaaany years ago now gives tours of secret gay history in London. He is probably of a similar vintage as you, and reminds me of you in some ways, dear heart - a very sharp mind, and a man who can discuss extremely serious topics with wit and warmth. When all this madness is over, I hope you can take a little trip and enjoy one of his tours.

(On topic: Jack would probably not enjoy the tour, as she seems convinced that "lesbian" is a personality trait.)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Cannot deal with the clutter. Ugh.

Those outfits...I don’t understand tbh. The tail end of 2019, she was posting photos and genuinely looked nice. The clothes were understated and her hair was super glossy. She actually looked happy and comfortable (I’m thinking of the mirror shot of her in a loose shirt, slim fitting jeans and heels). If she feels great dressing as Krusty the Clown then great but I very much doubt she does.

The Chesterfield...I’ll put my hands up and admit to having two “Chesterfield inspired” sofas 🤣 they’re 2 seater, fabric and sodding uncomfortable. Would not recommend.

• Haha
Reactions: 40

View attachment 539791

Even the walking stick with a horses head (?) handle is absolutely filthy. She puts her hand on that. 🤢🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

View attachment 539791

Sorry to quote you again, but there's 17 different types of tea on one shelf! 17! All high end expensive tea as well. No ASDA everyday teabags for our Jack. But how does our smol little pixie reach them with all that piled up junk in the way?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.