Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's constantly sniping at us calling us trolls - look at the results of that outfit poll, two thirds of her own followers are bloody trolls! As if anybody with her best interests at heart is going to see those tartan trousers and artist smock with delusions of grandeur and sincerely say 'yes, dear heart, LGBT icon, fashion queen, slay!'. Honestly squigs, what are you like.

I don't even want to contemplate those kitchen and crockery photos, the sheer profusion of mismatched items is too much to cope with. It's completely overwhelming. Shall I tell you the percentage likelihood that somebody claiming to have SEVERE sensory issues would be comfortable living in such an environment?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Same day I believe
I have so many more questions but I suspect you won't be able to provide me with an answer because it defies all logic. Suffice to say if I spent £40 - which is not nothing - in charity shops and brought back this kind of tat (how did she even get all that stuff home??) I wouldn't be feeling particularly pleased with myself 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Picture two is the one irking me the most. If she spent days setting that up, why does it look so tit? There's been such low effort in putting the items onto the ikea shoeracks. She could at least put it in some sort of sensible, and decorative order!

Also, plates that low with a cat in the house? No thank you!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack's constantly sniping at us calling us trolls - look at the results of that outfit poll, two thirds of her own followers are bloody trolls! As if anybody with her best interests at heart is going to see those tartan trousers and artist smock with delusions of grandeur and sincerely say 'yes, dear heart, LGBT icon, fashion queen, slay!'. Honestly squigs, what are you like.

I don't even want to contemplate those kitchen and crockery photos, the sheer profusion of mismatched items is too much to cope with. It's completely overwhelming. Shall I tell you the percentage likelihood that somebody claiming to have SEVERE sensory issues would be comfortable living in such an environment?

how fitting that that gif features someone who is now a regular squiggle!

I think his most recent appearance here was "good morning and duck right off" which the smol pixie found hilarious

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Good luck with that, haven’t seen satsumas for months, only Clems or easy peelers whatever they are
Foreign Frau alert: everything was a mandarin to me when I first arrived here. Scrap that, I still don't know the difference between satsumas, clementines, mandarines, etc. If it's orange and not an orange, its all the same to me. Much like herbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
As a professional server and photographer of slop, the crockery hoard is probably deductible...if she does her taxes, that is!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I have so many more questions but I suspect you won't be able to provide me with an answer because it defies all logic. Suffice to say if I spent £40 - which is not nothing - in charity shops and brought back this kind of tat (how did she even get all that stuff home??) I wouldn't be feeling particularly pleased with myself 😬
IKR??? Makes me want to immediately declutter and move to a tiny shack with nowt but a mattress in it 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in gay history. That would require her to listen to the stories of others, and she is only interested in her story and having people listen to her. I can imagine if she went on such a tour she'd actually be a bit disruptive, as would struggle to listen to someone else speak for so long without interrupting in some way.
I can just imagine her
Tour guide... "this is where Anne Lister stayed when she visited London from her home in Yorkshire. She was known as Gentleman Jack because she wore the attire of a man"

Jack..."excuse me, I'm called Jack, and I once wore trazzzzers to an awards evening. I was voted the 674th most influential lesbian, dontcha know"

Tour guide..."very interesting, Anne Lister came to London with her femail companion, who was in fact her partner "

Jack..." excuse me, I came to London with my femail companion, and she was in fact my partner"

Tour guide..."Hmm, moving on, Anne Lister went on to tour Europe with her companion"

Jack..." excuse me, well wasn't she the lucky one. I never had a holiday for 7 years, then got dumped, just because I wanted surgery and my girlfriend said she liked girls. Well the jokes on her because I'm still a girl.."

Tour guide..." this was in the early 1800's, things were very different then for same sex couples, she wrote all her diaries in code"

Jack..."yea, well, things are no better now. I do my writing password protected, but them mendacious ninies managed to crack my code"

Tour guide..."I think we'll stop now, I've had enough"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
It’s Mrs. B’s birthday today...it’s a mixed one, given the sudden loss of her twin, so it’s lower key than usual.

I did though, as a special treat, show her the colourful ensemble. She said to pass on that she thought it ‘bleeping hideous’ and ‘I hope one of the kids has bought me some eye bleach because that’s now emblazoned on my retinas’ 🤣🤣🤣 God I love my wife 😂
Aww, happy birthday to Mrs B and hope she manages to have a nice day although I’m sure it will be difficult

I've thought this for a while tbh ,it wouldn't surprise me if it's SB's choice as well ,maybe the last straw was the Go Henry debacle (theorising m'lud)
could be for non controversial reasons - closer to secondary school, SB choice, givesJack freedom to stay in London if LJC is still in the picture. Kids don’t always have mum as primary carer if everyone is happy that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Picture two is the one irking me the most. If she spent days setting that up, why does it look so tit? There's been such low effort in putting the items onto the ikea shoeracks. She could at least put it in some sort of sensible, and decorative order!

Also, plates that low with a cat in the house? No thank you!!!
The shelves themselves looks really shoogly as well, especially how they're standing on that rumpled rug

Reactions: 25
I had no idea people had kitchens like Allegra (and Jack's knock off) until I ventured into an upper class person's house for the first time when I was a student volunteer on a historic and v. prestigious project 🔺
Dear cabal, I was SHOOK. The Volvo was full of crap ("But darling you will need an estate car when you are older for your tools, your dogs and your children) and she had NO CUPBOARDS. Everything in her house was piled upon shelving. Trying to help her cook for the evening gave me such fear that I would cause the Jenga construction to topple at any moment. If I recall correctly I drank too much wine and sat on a dog that was under a pile of cushions too. A couple of years later I helped house sit in a sort of fancy farm (I think they were also in the film industry) and woke up to a peacock squawking in my face. That cottage was full of random stuff too like animal skins, empty picture frames and musical instruments including in every bathroom.

In other news I feel a bit Jack-esque as I decorated part of mine and Mr. Kebab's house with pictures of us through the years (Half my bloody life) 🥴
This must made me think of when my friends and i took a trip up to scotland to stay at the country house of my friend's extremely wealthy dad (helicopter wealthy)...it was in the middle of nowhere and on the friday night we had a big meal in the massive dining hall. As we were eating I noticed that all of the paintings surrounding us were HUGE oil paintings of rabbits horrifically torturing and massacring humans in different and very *creative* ways. It trulyyy felt like we had just accidentally become characters in a Midsommar x Wickerman crossover film 😂

Not sorry for going off topic, i needed to in order to bleach that fireplace out of my brain

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Thank you! You're not that old, I'm just foreign. 😉

By the way, a man I used to work with maaaaany years ago now gives tours of secret gay history in London. He is probably of a similar vintage as you, and reminds me of you in some ways, dear heart - a very sharp mind, and a man who can discuss extremely serious topics with wit and warmth. When all this madness is over, I hope you can take a little trip and enjoy one of his tours.

(On topic: Jack would probably not enjoy the tour, as she seems convinced that "lesbian" is a personality trait.)
I love walking history tours.

Foreign Frau alert: everything was a mandarin to me when I first arrived here. Scrap that, I still don't know the difference between satsumas, clementines, mandarines, etc. If it's orange and not an orange, its all the same to me. Much like herbs.
Not foreign Frau and all the small oranges look the same to me. Satsumas at Christmas and mandarins in a tin!

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.