Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to quote you again, but there's 17 different types of tea on one shelf! 17! All high end expensive tea as well. No ASDA everyday teabags for our Jack. But how does our smol little pixie reach them with all that piled up junk in the way?
She does brew 2.5 litres of tea at a time in her slow cooker, it'll take a lot of teabags, that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I have wondered for a while if Dad has majority custody and Jack has visiting rights. But what did she do for that to happen (if it did).

Kitchen pics are pure boak.
I've thought this for a while tbh ,it wouldn't surprise me if it's SB's choice as well ,maybe the last straw was the Go Henry debacle (theorising m'lud)

Reactions: 31
Thank you! You're not that old, I'm just foreign. 😉

By the way, a man I used to work with maaaaany years ago now gives tours of secret gay history in London. He is probably of a similar vintage as you, and reminds me of you in some ways, dear heart - a very sharp mind, and a man who can discuss extremely serious topics with wit and warmth. When all this madness is over, I hope you can take a little trip and enjoy one of his tours.

(On topic: Jack would probably not enjoy the tour, as she seems convinced that "lesbian" is a personality trait.)
I would love to go on a tour like that. My sister lived in London when I was a teenager and I would go down every other weekend to stay with her. I am sure that much of his tour would bring back real memories.
If you can find his tour details DM me.

I agree that Jack wouldn't like it. She thinks she knows everything about everything. What could she possibly learn from someone who lived it? She has no doubt read a book about gay history, so is now an expert.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I now know I am as old as the hills. Wilfried Brambell (Albert Steptoe) was an old theatre lovey queen. A grand dame of the London gay scene in the 1960s. Never mind the onions, Winnie (as he was known) was acerbic.
Well, I sure know how to pick them. Didn't mean to derail the thread, was just feeling frisky.
I hope Mr Harry never finds out about my alter ego here. He is neither Ian Hislop nor an old queen in a sink - not quire sure what he'd make of it all.

Could not find it on my phone anymore, but here's somone else's picture:
View attachment 539689
Jack can only dream of content like this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Same here, large extended working class families. Homes clean inside and out and woe betide anyone on the landing who didn’t take their turn cleaning the communal landing and stairs. Jack seems equate clutter with some sort of upper class vibe and eccentricity. Can you imagine the cobwebs dangling from the grease.
I had no idea people had kitchens like Allegra (and Jack's knock off) until I ventured into an upper class person's house for the first time when I was a student volunteer on a historic and v. prestigious project 🔺
Dear cabal, I was SHOOK. The Volvo was full of crap ("But darling you will need an estate car when you are older for your tools, your dogs and your children) and she had NO CUPBOARDS. Everything in her house was piled upon shelving. Trying to help her cook for the evening gave me such fear that I would cause the Jenga construction to topple at any moment. If I recall correctly I drank too much wine and sat on a dog that was under a pile of cushions too. A couple of years later I helped house sit in a sort of fancy farm (I think they were also in the film industry) and woke up to a peacock squawking in my face. That cottage was full of random stuff too like animal skins, empty picture frames and musical instruments including in every bathroom.

In other news I feel a bit Jack-esque as I decorated part of mine and Mr. Kebab's house with pictures of us through the years (Half my bloody life) 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Even if some of it is from charity shops / generous puddles, that looks like hundreds of pounds (at least) of cutlery.

She can’t possibly be using even a fraction of that, can she?

Reactions: 34
Just scrolled right back on her IG. So. Much. Tat.

137 pieces of cutlery? Whhhhyyyy????

ETA that’s not a charity shop. That’s her house
Could she apply for the Stacey Solomon programme where they put all your stuff in a huge warehouse and only take back the stuff you really want/need...like an intervention!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I would love to go on a tour like that. My sister lived in London when I was a teenager and I would go down every other weekend to stay with her. I am sure that much of his tour would bring back real memories.
If you can find his tour details DM me.

I agree that Jack wouldn't like it. She thinks she knows everything about everything. What could she possibly learn from someone who lived it? She has no doubt read a book about gay history, so is now an expert.
Jack wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in gay history. That would require her to listen to the stories of others, and she is only interested in her story and having people listen to her. I can imagine if she went on such a tour she'd actually be a bit disruptive, as would struggle to listen to someone else speak for so long without interrupting in some way.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Why does Jack have all that shite when most of the slop is ladled onto the Sophie Conran Portmeirion dishes that she bought for her housemate :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why does Jack have all that shite when most of the slop is ladled onto the Sophie Conran Portmeirion dishes that she bought for her housemate :rolleyes:
It does explain why she hasn't the time to clean them before cooking food in them :sick: Maybe that's why she has to deep clean 12 times a day, the first 11 times were a tit job!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30

I was utterly astounded first time I saw this. Racks and racks of crockery that wouldn't look out of place at Goodwill. Then you remember she claims to have moved umpteen times...how?! I have moved 5 or 6 times in my life and purposely keep belongings low because even when you think you have nothing, just wait until you have to move house with it. The moving job here is enormous, all that furniture she has! The amount of just...stuff! It's a professional movers job for sure, and they don't come cheap!!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Jack has decided not to make a big deal of masterminding Tom & Marcus' campaign because...

a) she likes to work behind the scenes (despite tweeting yesterday about her willingness to donate to the beigel place)

b) she nobly chose to take a step back because she has so many trolls who would try to sabotage any project with her name on it

c) she's lying
I spy a poll for the next thread!!

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Were photos 1 and 3 taken on the same day, or are these meant to be separate shopping sprees?

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.