Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those clothes she has chosen are vile - she's basically picked an outfit to try and draw even more attention to herself.

I'll say this once at the risk of offending the thread, but Jack genuinely is the type of lesbian who makes me feel ashamed to be gay. She's the one who is portrayed in the media as this eccentric, activist, campaigning blogger with a way out there style and changing her pronouns and who she is like the wind. And then people look at her and think that's how gay people are and I hate it, I hate she thinks she's a spokesperson for everything LGBTQ+ when she's probably got less valid opinions than a man in 1912.

If people could scratch beneath the surface they'd see a person who is so deeply unhappy at who they are, with no sense of direction and keeps stealing peoples personality. Personality to Jack is that outfit above, it's crass, distasteful and again just another tool to bring the attention back on her. I really really hope people don't see her and think that is how we all dress/behave/act, she is probably the worst representation of a gay person in a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
There is nothing to add which hasn’t been said already about the outfit or kitchen 🤢🤢
Jack really is such a prude tho‘ oh my zany pigs teehee’

Reactions: 25
I agree 💯. Like @MancBee I have lived in a world where my ‘lifestyle choices’ have meant that I have had to deal a lot with other peoples view of how I should be. Jackie has really no idea what the world was like before Stonewall, teaching and living in a section / clause 28 world. Standing with Peter Tatchell and being spat at. I am in many ways pleased she doesn’t. But all this look at me, is not a good role model for anyone let alone someone questioning their sexuality. My partner and I years ago went to the door of a lesbian club and were refused entry. With the words this place is not for people like you. As we were not ‘dressed’ as Lesbians in the 90s should look. Sorry this all about me. It just make me so cross that Jackie sees herself as representing of a community! I write this sitting in my it was in the sale seasalt tunic and leggings 😉. I did try and spoiler this sorry. I cannot get it to work on my phone.

Those clothes she has chosen are vile - she's basically picked an outfit to try and draw even more attention to herself.

I'll say this once at the risk of offending the thread, but Jack genuinely is the type of lesbian who makes me feel ashamed to be gay. She's the one who is portrayed in the media as this eccentric, activist, campaigning blogger with a way out there style and changing her pronouns and who she is like the wind. And then people look at her and think that's how gay people are and I hate it, I hate she thinks she's a spokesperson for everything LGBTQ+ when she's probably got less valid opinions than a man in 1912.

If people could scratch beneath the surface they'd see a person who is so deeply unhappy at who they are, with no sense of direction and keeps stealing peoples personality. Personality to Jack is that outfit above, it's crass, distasteful and again just another tool to bring the attention back on her. I really really hope people don't see her and think that is how we all dress/behave/act, she is probably the worst representation of a gay person in a long time.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
The sheer amount of stuff in her kitchen makes me think she's one of those people who believe that the more utensils you own, the better you are at cooking. She imagines people look at those photos and go "wow, Jack's a kitchen guru!" when in fact we go "wow, Jack's a filthy hoarder!"

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I didn't realise you could get anxious looking at a picture until I saw Jack's old kitchen.

My eye doesn't know where to look. There's just so much. And none of it goes and it's all nonsense. Basically a metaphor for Jack's cooking and life in general I guess?

Sidebar for the Fraus: went on a lovely long walk today and listened to the Adam Buxton podcast with Kazuo Ishiguro. So fascinating! Ears pricked up at the end when they were talking about social media and a sort of monetised negativity. Looking at you Jackie 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I don't know who that is, but I'd do him.

Apologies to all who did not need to know this.
😂😂
Out of all the shocking and controversial things I have ever read on here, Harry, your admission that you’d ‘do’ Pa Steptoe has just shot straight to the top of the leaderboard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Too bloody late, I've seen it. 😂

Seriously, I may appear to be a bit over the top about keeping things tidy and clean, but I'm not really.
You’re not at all! It’s the work of minutes to wipe in a drawer or cupboard and pop everything away! I have a very old kitchen but everything is pulled out and cleaned regularly. I just absolutely am still tickled when I think of you and the cutlery drawer ❤😂❤

My parents both came from huge WC families so it’s ingrained in me too. It’s a combo of looking after your things and home so they are nice and last, and also keeping on top of mess so it doesn’t get out of control.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I think the clothes are another performance in her attempt to prove her place on 'The Spectrum'.
I have Aspergers. (Officially diagnosed not a certificate out of the back of Private Eye)
The way clothes FEEL is incredibly important to me.
So that is how they are chosen. They don't get tried on, they get felt.
This can lead to some mismatching but if I'm not comfy or am itchy I'm an hole.
It seems, as with much of her godawful personality, to be another attempt to show just how "Different" she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I think the clothes are another performance in her attempt to prove her place on 'The Spectrum'.
I have Aspergers. (Officially diagnosed not a certificate out of the back of Private Eye)
The way clothes FEEL is incredibly important to me.
So that is how they are chosen. They don't get tried on, they get felt.
This can lead to some mismatching but if I'm not comfy or am itchy I'm an hole.
It seems, as with much of her godawful personality, to be another attempt to show just how "Different" she is.
Well I certainly hope you have a wheelchair emoji in your twitter bio babes, how else will everybody know?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Spot on. Two bed for her child I understand, but if you're saving for a deposit then keep it at that? Why do you need a three bed, three bathroom flat...

I've just had a look online and these sofas cost upwards of a grand if she's looking at an authentic leather one. They are also ugly af in my humble opinion. Very stuffy in design - don't understand why you'd want one of those aged 21.
I am Jack's complete lack of style...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
😂😂
Out of all the shocking and controversial things I have ever read on here, Harry, your admission that you’d ‘do’ Pa Steptoe has just shot straight to the top of the leaderboard.
Honestly thought Harry had quoted the wrong thing when I clicked on it and saw who she was talking about??!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
& going full Pearl clutching m*msnet but why would you have hanging lanyards like this with a child in the home? Blind cords can be deadly, even though these likely have safety releases not worth the risk at all
The house is barely even adult-proof, let alone safe for a child and multiple pets. If she wasn't a D-List twitter 'sleb, and was instead a poor mum in a council estate, she'd probably be criticized to hell and back for such a mess. Instead, people on her feed seem to find it cute.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
The sheer amount of stuff in her kitchen makes me think she's one of those people who believe that the more utensils you own, the better you are at cooking. She imagines people look at those photos and go "wow, Jack's a kitchen guru!" when in fact we go "wow, Jack's a filthy hoarder!"
It's like those beauty product hoarders who have cupboards and cupboards of stuff. They like to think they are a beauty 'geek', but that is just an enabling comment to justify it. (Obviously each to their own). Wasn't Jack one of them too once?

There is no way Jack is working undercover helping Marcus and Tom. No way. They seem simply too nice not to acknowledge her input in some way if that were the case. She is relying on their niceness and good manners not to throw her under the bus. Plus we all know Jack doesn't do vague hints when it comes to bragging about her good deeds. No lights under bushels with that one.

Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.