Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure Allegra had a cleaner though. She’s very rich and trained in a kitchen so knows about cleanliness.
Allegra also knows how to cook and loves doing it, it makes sense to have everything she needs to hand.

Jack's is just a state. A dirty one too. That isn't even depression grime where you haven't the motivation to clean, this is just pure laziness mixed with greedy hoarding. Jack hasn't an ounce of imagination about her, it's copy and mimic.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
the fireplace pics are like looking at where's wally or brambly hedge. you really have to have a good look to take everything in

pictures of herself, walking sticks, candles in booze bottles, what look like placards, a "mummy" card in the fanmail, precarious towers of books... it's got it all!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
LOL this is funny re. Jack's proposed outfit ....

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 13.05.36.png

..... especially when you read the poster's bio ....

Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 13.06.45.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
Can someone spoiler this before @MancBee sees that catastrophic corner of hell 😂😂😂😂 fetch the smelling salts!
Too bloody late, I've seen it. 😂

Seriously, I may appear to be a bit over the top about keeping things tidy and clean, but I'm not really. I do understand that when you have kids it's different. But Jack just takes clutter, hoarding and dirty to another level.

There were seven of us as kids in a three bed house, and it was never as dirty or untidy as the state of that. My mum (or dad for that matter) wouldn't allow it to get to that state.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
We know Jack reads here (Hi Jack!) and as hilarious as it would be for her to go clown school cool to whatever function she's baiting about, I just can't let the squiggs do it to you, Jack. Don't set yourself up for more piss taking because all those outfits will look terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
For the Drag Race fans among us, I’m getting big “category is - Allegra’s kitchen couture” energy from those pictures.
Yes and it would be a sashay away moment.
I am one of the few here who quite liked Allegra's cluttered kitchen but there's an art to clutter (okay, and having loads of money and space helps. People with less money are often tidier for this reason, I find). The pictures of Jack's kitchen/s are just a bit stressful and grimy.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
We know Jack reads here (Hi Jack!) and as hilarious as it would be for her to go clown school cool to whatever function she's baiting about, I just can't let the squiggs do it to you, Jack. Don't set yourself up for more piss taking because all those outfits will look terrible.
But what's to say her alternate outfits would be any better 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I can't understand why Jack has not been nominated for such a prestigious award? She has given us crisp sandwiches for bad days, mayo collabs, and the infamous upside down pineapple chicken with a vegan version (sort of). Why have the judging board not seen this wild maverick redefining what edible means?! Absolute injustice.

Can't lie, I think Matt is yummy. The cabal is my safe space now, I can admit it!!!
Completely agree, I definitely would!

Edit: First spoiler successfully spoiled

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
having loads of money and space helps. People with less money are often tidier for this reason, I find).
This is so true and it's just another aspect of Jack cosplaying poverty tbh. We already know that she thinks poor people are smelly ("the stench of poverty", describing suppurating wounds and all that) - but all it really shows is that she has absolutely no idea how the working poor live.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh tit, I've just realised exactly what Jack's house reminds me of. One of those hidden object mobile games.

screen1.jpg

The countdown is on! Can you find the following before the clock runs out? Ridiculously expensive DMs, handbag, at least one of Jack's own books, expensive jars from John Lewis, award trophy.

Play Jack's House on the iPhone today and help Jack earn enough coins for her forever home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I rolled my eyes the same way I rolled them when someone at my old work kept leaving satsuma peels ON the bin in penis shapes.
My satsuma peel always come out like a cock and balls (or elephant with ears and trunk), but I do put them in the bin :)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.