Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, just skimming through and haven't fully delved into the previous thread - quick question, the blob thing being poked on the plate, assuming that was at least theoretically to be eaten? Looked like someone had decided to disturb one of those spider nest/spawn things, only to find that all of the young spiders were actually dead and what was left was the decomposing remains of something that was going to be spiders...
I don’t want to mute anyone but please can we not do spider talk!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
they couldn't afford to live in Hackney their rent on the crappy bungalow wouldn't get a half decent flat ,let alone detached with gardens and room for the communal skip and the Cotswold collection .
I dunno. All the Londoners I know are moving out, so smol pixie might get a bargain. Jack was apparently paying £1,600 or so for the crappy bungalow, so she might get a 2-bed flat for that. One bedroom for Jack, one for Jack's office.

Oh god we’ve already been through Jewish Jack and then Pissing off Jewish People Jack. Please not again!
I love how Jack not only co-opts every identity out there, but also manages to piss them off too. That's a skill.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I worked with a fruitarian. He was very grubby and had bad teeth. I mean, fruit is nice and all, but can you imagine eating it all the bleeping time? Imagine on a cold, miserable winter evening, sitting down to a plate of apple slices.
I worked with this guy in a course for university students where we, as teachers, had to eat lunch with our classes so they could practise English. Every day he would sit down, open a carrier bag, and take out an ENTIRE WATERMELON. Then he would start eating it with a spoon while all the students just stared and tried to figure out the best way to ask WTF was going on.

He mostly just ate melons TBH, and was always getting into argunents with people because he insisted that melons were protein-rich. I never said anything to him about it, but in his first week of working with us he needed a translator to take him to the hospital for a blood transfusion, and he told us not to worry, as it was a regular thing for him. Um...

I had other vegan co-workers who always made a point of showing the normal food they ate, just in case anyone had any doubts!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
also, just noticed the offer is every Tuesday 1-5pm. so, what's the point in retweeting it at 6.43pm on a Tuesday??
This!

That said, I would much prefer Jack to retweet stuff like this than retweet herself, over and over again.

Look at this rather than look at meeeeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I worked with this guy in a course for university students where we, as teachers, had to eat lunch with our classes so they could practise English. Every day he would sit down, open a carrier bag, and take out an ENTIRE WATERMELON. Then he would start eating it with a spoon while all the students just stared and tried to figure out the best way to ask WTF was going on.

He mostly just ate melons TBH, and was always getting into argunents with people because he insisted that melons were protein-rich. I never said anything to him about it, but in his first week of working with us he needed a translator to take him to the hospital for a blood transfusion, and he told us not to worry, as it was a regular thing for him. Um...

I had other vegan co-workers who always made a point of showing the normal food they ate, just in case anyone had any doubts!
Not gonna lie, I could easily do that in summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can't stand this virtue signalling crap. If they accept donations, it'll be on ther socials and website. Otherwise assume they don't and donate to the thousands of related organisations that do.
Or message them PRIVATELY.

They're probably doing Self Love Stew...

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Well I guess at least this is a current topic. But Jack, please refrain from comment on a subject you know less about than cooking.

This is another "I'm 14 and I know everything about everything" type thing. You can't solve every problem in 1 brilliant tweet you absolute whopper
They did contact Jack...knowing they suffer from mendacious foot in mouth disorder. They just wanted a Boris bashing quote

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.