Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh bless her little face, I imagine Tom will have been made aware of her Jamie Oliver toddler paddy and informed her of their plans to avoid a similar situation, then in her head this has made her a consultant šŸ˜‚ Her nose must be soooo well out of joint right now, everyone knows she'd break her neck in rushing to be a part of this, but knowing what a PR disaster that would be (and how tit her food is) they don't want her involved......

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
i donā€™t know if this has been pointed out but Apple announced their own version of Tile yesterday so Tile are fucked now.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Most of those old threads make you roll your eyes or rage a bit, but this one is hilarious. Jack is moving out:

View attachment 539180

Holy tit, her poor landlord! Imagine going for a viewing and seeing...THAT.
Serial killer vibes. I bet the new tennants negotiated a complete redo. It's so claustrophobic and that's before you get to the rusty knifes hanging on the wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Re the kitchen, that pointy things sign never fails to make me irrationally angry. It's like a my dream kitchen if I were angsty 16-year-old thrash metal MCM again.

It shits me to tears and I don't know why.:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Serial killer vibes. I bet the new tennants negotiated a complete redo. It's so claustrophobic and that's before you get to the rusty knifes hanging on the wall.
Thatā€™s exactly it, claustrophobic! Alright it was a basic no frills kitchen before but it looked pretty light and spacious. Those horrid black shelves and the weird tile notes make it look so dingy and small. I think she put the ā€œcaution, hotā€ sticker on as well as I canā€™t see it in the first picture, was she trying to make it look like a restaurant kitchen?! Sheā€™s such a weirdo, like a child playing at being a grownup but they donā€™t actually know what that looks like.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
It's like a my dream kitchen if I
.....was a sad, Twitter obsessed drop-out and wanted to waste my time building a kitchen for sole purpose of posting a picture of it online to make some self-concerned point about being ā€˜maverickā€™.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Thatā€™s exactly it, claustrophobic! Alright it was a basic no frills kitchen before but it looked pretty light and spacious. Those horrid black shelves and the weird tile notes make it look so dingy and small. I think she put the ā€œcaution, hotā€ sticker on as well as I canā€™t see it in the first picture, was she trying to make it look like a restaurant kitchen?! Sheā€™s such a weirdo, like a child playing at being a grownup but they donā€™t actually know what that looks like.
Couldn't agree more. You can even see the after picture is all set up to show 'Jack;The Chef'. She probably spent hours setting it all up.

It's depressing. Has she painted out the window too? (Or is it just night time lol)

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I doubt theyā€™ll even see it tbh.
I know - and sadly, it is only us and one other person in the world that see it too as itā€™s a reply to a tweet buried in a thread about nonsense. It just boils my piss that the guys probably donā€™t have time to do so many things because they clearly are driven and dedicatied and passionate, yet the smol pixie can allude to involvement and get away with it. Ah well - itā€™s not the worse thing she has done. Cosplaying with her scarves and COVID and TREATMENT! And begging for poor people money is far worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
View attachment 539151Perhaps ask @MancBee before trying this?
itā€™s taken every ounce of self control I possess not to reply ā€˜send for the onion police!ā€™.
(The original question was from someone who had got some cheap Paxo and didnā€™t know how to use it but was thinking of adding pork sausage and some other stuff. These people deserve what they get).
No, no, just no.

Even the thought of it. No.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Instead of asking the known liar, Jack Monroe, someone needs to ask Tom about her involvement with the new project.

She's bleeping shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Tom Kerridge 'consulted' with Jack in the same way she's 'developing ideas' with the webisode/TV company she worked with recently.

'Yeah be great to work with you again'
'Thanks for reaching out Jack, sure shoot me over an email with any thoughts you have'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Iā€™ve not been on the thread for ages but that pork belly was obviously cooked at too high a temperature. Itā€™s meant to be done slowly to render some of the fat (but still have golden cracklings on top). What sheā€™s got is black on top and still has all the fat intact.

Also she said to rest it on a rack. Part of he reason for resting meat is that the juices come out but are then reabsorbed - that obviously canā€™t happen if your meat is perched on a wire rack. It needs to be on a plate.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes!! I think this explains her fascination with what she perceives to be luxury goods - whether itā€™s the lilac Mercedes she envied as a child or her obsession with buying ill fitting overpriced tat (not saying this is true of all Burberry or VW, I actually like both lol, but as with anything there will be some vile hyper seasonal tit that no one will remember, thatā€™s the section Jack seems to shop).

Instead of spending out on a 3 week rental so she can tinder match with affluent ppl based in central she should hire a stylist / personal shopper tbh. Poor Sara Cox trying to kindly guide her, how embarrassing for all involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.