Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
CC95FF19-DFD8-49D5-ABC9-EC01E201E02E.jpeg
Perhaps ask @MancBee before trying this?
it’s taken every ounce of self control I possess not to reply ‘send for the onion police!’.
(The original question was from someone who had got some cheap Paxo and didn’t know how to use it but was thinking of adding pork sausage and some other stuff. These people deserve what they get).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
View attachment 539151Perhaps ask @MancBee before trying this?
it’s taken every ounce of self control I possess not to reply ‘send for the onion police!’.
(The original question was from someone who had got some cheap Paxo and didn’t know how to use it but was thinking of adding pork sausage and some other stuff. These people deserve what they get).
Why not use cornflour? Surely it's be cheaper?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Not one newspaper/news outlet is running with the ‘Boris responded to the Super League very quickly’ angle, so why would they be contacting her for a quote about it?? Just bleeping state your opinion instead of trying to make yourself seem more important by claiming it’s the opinion of the national press too.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
View attachment 538952

They drive me bleeping mad. If you saved your advances you’d have a deposit!!!
I was pretty sure that for Jack's second book she bought two Burberry coats because the shop assistant was rude to her for being a pov, then Allegra told her she wasn't butch enough for them. If she ALSO bought Viv trousers then that is hilarious, because the second book was a bit of a failure. Don't count your chickens...

In looking for the receipts (which I couldn't find), I did stumble across this - a conclusion of sorts to the royalty theft drama, worth having for posterity:

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Did we notice the recipe is unlocked now? (Including the essay on achieving finely chopped mushrooms)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
As for what she wears, I really don't give a flying jackfruit about it. Wear what you want and what pleases you, honestly.

But how can she be so annoyingly 'I am soooo maverick and a big ol' lesbian for combining these things' about it? When I was still following her and thought she was a genuine food person, all that performative and cringey non-content just annoyed me .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
As for what she wears, I really don't give a flying jackfruit about it. Wear what you want and what pleases you, honestly.

But how can she be so annoyingly 'I am soooo maverick and a big ol' lesbian for combining these things' about it? When I was still following her and thought she was a genuine food person, all that performative and cringey non-content just annoyed me .
I might leave a Boden catalogue on the crappy bungalow’s doorstep.

That’s what we all wear nowadays.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Also from the archives: Jack unleashes her flying monkeys on...Del Monte.

Here she does that Mumsnet thing where DM ripping off her recipe is worse because she's a single mum. I hate that - so if someone steals my work, that's less of a crime because I don't have children? Thanks Jack!

BTW a few gems on that site - in one thread she claims to have been earning "almost forty grand" between three jobs at 21:

...and we have the epic thread about how she can't cope in the kitchen because she's SEVERELY disabled:

@waffle maker, snap!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
It's like jack monroe has had their moment and is behaving like a pub bore who people humour and forget what their real glory days were as the "I coulda been a contender" vibe has obscured it. Marcus and Tom are doing real cooking and activism, Jamie had a lockdown how to programme, Nadia is doing the people stuff. Jack monroe is fast becoming irrelevant and past their sell by date. You can bet there's a good reason that the Marcus PR machine is keeping him well away from JM.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Viv traaazers
Viv dress
Burberry traaazers
Burberry scarf
Burberry pashmina type scarf
Burberry jacket (2)
GFFBD advance was a smeg

How many book advances has she had?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.