Jack Monroe #18 From giving THAT MAN hell to a Hellman's collab, “Baby Nigella’s” food is still making us gag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's on a bit of a militant rant on Twitter. Don't know who or what has rattled her cage this time but it hurts my head to read her words. Bed time for me I reckon!

View attachment 139021View attachment 139023
I reacted with a laughy face to this, but actually her hugely inflated ego and sense of self importance makes me feel queasy. Plus every single thing she says or tweets now gives me such secondhand embarrassment that I find myself actually cringing reading it. How is she a real person even?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I wonder how many copies that will be received will see those books head into the rubbish bin? Such arrogance. Her head is so big if she tried to stcik it up her arse she would not be able to come up for air. Heads into the World. duck off.

1590563911674.png

Crippling arthritis, my arse.

1590564022530.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Erm, possibly more palatable to “Waitrose” if:

(i) the food proffered was palatable/attractive/enticing; the writing, photography and presentation were good

(ii) the author was knowledgeable about fundamental food facts, ranging from basic info about “types” of food — potatoes, mince — through potential substitutions or replacements, to seasonality; or if the author was less seemingly xenophobic about cheap, nutritious and delicious foods from other cultures

(iii) the author had some basic cooking skills and was therefore knowledgable about how to cook said food, without “slinging“, “bunging” or “nuking”— I’m sure there is a place for each of these actions somewhere across the global food pantheon, but surely not all in the one dish;

(iv) the author paid attention to contrasts, textures, colours — these are important to not just the overall appearance of the dish in question, but also have some bearing on nutrition and digestive (and otherwise) health

(v) there wasn’t such a reliance on tinned food where fresh was often more easily available and cheaper — not withstanding important information put forward in an articulate and, more crucially, a non-haranguing way by previous posters in this forum on food deserts and the abhorrent situation many in this supposedly wealthy country are still facing in bloody 2020

(vi) the author would use her considerable platform to address point (v) above, rather than attempting to solve it for those living in these conditions by rinsing tins of baked beans

(vi) the author didn’t have a track record of online bullying/setting sycophants on others with differing opinions/deleting evidence of this. Or could demonstrate a willingness to take any form of constructive
criticism

(vi) the author’s continuing peripheral and self-created dramas did not detract and distract from what is put forward as her primary objective (e. the food)

(vii) the author would update her ongoing and ever changing narrative about her various experiences (food/poverty/gender politics/veganism/mental health/physical health/shared parenting). Or settle for a single version of the truth.

(viii) the author would accept that live broadcasting on any medium is not for her, and concentrate on developing her own skill set, perhaps starting with cookery techniques and food basics

(ix) the author’s reliance on “blue ticker” approval was not her sole form of validation. Arselicking the famous while being snippy to “ordinary” people is not working out well for Sali Hughes either.

(x) the author’s familiar diatribes on “poverty, exploitation and injustice” were updated to be not just focussed on her individual temporary experience from over a decade ago, but in what is happening today, in different parts of the country, to people if different backgrounds, i.e. acknowledging the valid experiences of others

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Mornimg Tattlers :) A little Twitter search of her handle plus "kitchen" or "politics" yielded this one Tweet. Not nice but worth a huge rant? She overwhelmingly gets positve replies so its funny she ignores all (non blue tick vesions) of these and hones in on this one to go on a self righteous tirade.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
I’m sorry, is that a “recipe” for microwaved swede?????

we would have to be staring into the post-nuclear abyss before I could even consider that.
And even then I would think twice ……………………………………………..

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mornimg Tattlers :) A little Twitter search of her handle plus "kitchen" or "politics" yielded this one Tweet. Not nice but worth a huge rant? She overwhelmingly gets positve replies so its funny she ignores all (non blue tick vesions) of these and hones in on this one to go on a self righteous tirade.
I didn’t get what she was busy doing as she looked totally unprepared ?

Reactions: 9
Crippling arthritis, my arse.
This is another bugbear, people see her with all these ailments throwing herself about, working 28 hours a day (exaggerated for effect, your honour), "smashing tit up", hoicking umpteen cans of paint from store to home, decorating, moving heavy furniture and carrying out manual work. People see this and it gives a narrative that others with the ailments she says she has are malingering. If she can do it, why are all these lazy bastards claiming they are sick and scrounging off the state?

Disabled people are getting abuse because of the likes of this idiot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
You have nailed it right on the head. My husband was curious about whether JM actually claims any benefits for her many many health problems. Such as PIP which isn't means-tested.

1590565141711.png

With friends like this, who needs enemies.....
Can you imagine, waking up one morning feeling really low and going, oh wait! I'm going to cheer myself up by cooking one of JMs deprecipes. That will perk me up and I can face the day with a bounce in my step.

Radio 5 were talking about mental health the other day, an educated chap explained it clearly for me.
He said that everyone has mental health in the same way that everyone has health, there are ways to look after your health and your mental health But some people have mental illness.
Mental illness needs medical help.

I thought this was such an effective explanation.

As opposed to Jack's one size fits all-bad days- I don't think the generalisation helps people get the diagnose that they need and validates mental illness because the current band wagon is that everyone suffers, when actually they don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
(x) the author’s familiar diatribes on “poverty, exploitation and injustice” were updated to be not just focussed on her individual temporary experience from over a decade ago, but in what is happening today, in different parts of the country, to people if different backgrounds, i.e. acknowledging the valid experiences of others
And this is it with her, she may talk about "actively working to tackle food poverty" and ROARING about injustice, but what the duck does she do? All she does is constantly roar about herself. I honestly fail to see where she is acknowledging and trying to improve the experiences of others. She's far too self absorbed to do that and it really shows.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is another bugbear, people see her with all these ailments throwing herself about, working 28 hours a day (exaggerated for effect, your honour), "smashing tit up", hoicking umpteen cans of paint from store to home, decorating, moving heavy furniture and carrying out manual work. People see this and it gives a narrative that others with the ailments she says she has are malingering. If she can do it, why are all these lazy bastards claiming they are sick and scrounging off the state?

I agree with this so much.

RA can be relapsing/remitting If I remember correctly (like MS and other autoimmune illnesses) but the person would always be careful with it, even during the better times.

I have a few of the things on her long list, and people like her absolutely make people take them less seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

I said similar in an earlier thread, the way she jumps around onto the furniture just does not align with her many different ailments. She does other sufferers a disservice by not truly reflecting how life really is so plays into the narrative that we (disabled people) should all be doing more than we are

Reactions: 15
You have nailed it right on the head. My husband was curious about whether JM actually claims any benefits for her many many health problems. Such as PIP which isn't means-tested.

View attachment 139118

With friends like this, who needs enemies.....
Can you imagine, waking up one morning feeling really low and going, oh wait! I'm going to cheer myself up by cooking one of JMs deprecipes. That will perk me up and I can face the day with a bounce in my step.
And then seeing the results and wishing you hadn’t and ordering a takeaway 😂

Reactions: 5
And this is it with her, she may talk about "actively working to tackle food poverty" and ROARING about injustice, but what the duck does she do? All she does is constantly roar about herself. I honestly fail to see where she is acknowledging and trying to improve the experiences of others. She's far too self absorbed to do that and it really shows.
this is exactly the problem, every single one of her opinions revolves around her. She is such a raging narcissist that I don’t think she’s capable of forming opinions any other way. All the way she’s described her interest in politics is no different or more devoted than any of my politically engaged friends - the only difference being that we have never spoiled an important ballot paper before and we also didn’t spend the night watching the results come in at the bleeping Groucho club next to Jude law :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 17

THIS! Playing into right wing hands where they try to infer that many disabled people are scroungers, and could work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.