Jack Monroe #18 From giving THAT MAN hell to a Hellman's collab, “Baby Nigella’s” food is still making us gag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off out to lidl now with hubby as we get priority entry 🥳 I'll pick up a nice summery swede whilst I'm there

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm surprised she applies filters/uses a smoothing tool. What happened to the Body Positive stuff? Isn't using filters the opposite of that? 🤷🏼‍♀️ It's also painfully obvious when they've been used, so why does anyone even bother?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The sweaty, rabbity, manic, giggly, awkward, gangly girl on DKL reminds me more of Lisa from the film "Girl, interrupted".
Less Lisa Girl, Interrupted and more Lisa Simpson to me. Lisa Simpson likes to jump on fad bandwagons and change her personality and beliefs depending on who is there and what the situation is

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Less Lisa Girl, Interrupted and more Lisa Simpson to me. Lisa Simpson likes to jump on fad bandwagons and change her personality and beliefs depending on who is there and what the situation is
Not smart enough to be Lisa Simpson. Or driven enough. Or sensible enough....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm surprised she applies filters/uses a smoothing tool. What happened to the Body Positive stuff? Isn't using filters the opposite of that? 🤷🏼‍♀️ It's also painfully obvious when they've been used, so why does anyone even bother?
Tbh I’m gonna get dragged through court for saying it but I don’t really think stripping down and doing a Love Island recruitment pose is particularly body posi either.

I think it’s another example of politicising something to fit her desired narrative - oh yay I’m body posi, btw have you SEEN my 100% conformed to western beauty standards body? Fab, if you could just leave a like and compliment under I might RT someone in a wheelchair later if I can be fucked xo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She's doing my nut in! Her super white teeth are apparently down to charcoal toothpaste FFS.

Screenshot_20200526-090607.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She's doing my nut in! Her super white teeth are apparently down to charcoal toothpaste FFS.

View attachment 138452
I used to swear by charcoal toothpaste - it did seem to whiten my teeth - but stopped because I read it can cause long term issues

We’re going to have to make a list of JM’s ill-advised beauty tips at this rate

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tbh I’m gonna get dragged through court for saying it but I don’t really think stripping down and doing a Love Island recruitment pose is particularly body posi either.

I think it’s another example of politicising something to fit her desired narrative - oh yay I’m body posi, btw have you SEEN my 100% conformed to western beauty standards body? Fab, if you could just leave a like and compliment under I might RT someone in a wheelchair later if I can be fucked xo
She has no authenticity in anything she does , it’s just like the Veganism

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s very manic today, it’s DKL all over again. I’m finding her veeeery uncomfortable to watch, even muted. I’m also currently watching a prog about volcanoes and when you know they’re going to blow and that’s what it’s like.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I used to swear by charcoal toothpaste - it did seem to whiten my teeth - but stopped because I read it can cause long term issues

We’re going to have to make a list of JM’s ill-advised beauty tips at this rate
It is, I started using lush’s charcoal toothy tabs and my dentist was like oh hun noooo no no, they’re really bad. Lush also don’t call out that none of their teeth products contain fluoride so aren’t appropriate to swap out your normal toothpaste for so a double warning on that one!

It’s not possible for any one person to be an expert at everything and that’s fine, but sharing advice as gospel and affirming your expertise (hit send too soon!) with tiny jobs from decades ago is so bleeping dangerous. There are bleeping fabulous sources of skincare advice online just defer to them?? Your audience will thank you in the long run!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
It is, I started using lush’s charcoal toothy tabs and my dentist was like oh hun noooo no no, they’re really bad. Lush also don’t call out that none of their teeth products contain fluoride so aren’t appropriate to swap out your normal toothpaste for so a double warning on that one!

It’s not possible for any one person to be an expert at everything and that’s fine, but sharing advice as gospel and affirming your expertise (hit send too soon!) with tiny jobs from decades ago is so bleeping dangerous. There are bleeping fabulous sources of skincare advice online just defer to them?? Your audience will thank you in the long run!
Omg! Going to go and buy a normal toothpaste ASAP!

Can we make bets on what she will cook tonight? I think it’ll be some variation on that potato salad she posted about before, probably all made in the microwave somehow 😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.