Jack Monroe #18 From giving THAT MAN hell to a Hellman's collab, “Baby Nigella’s” food is still making us gag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waitaminute, waitaminute @SoulRebel —are you Lois the Brave?? We need Briscoe & Bosch in here!
I’m just catching up (I had work work and not just work from home work today so this is the first chance I’ve had to come on all day, sakes 🙄). I saw @SoulRebel’s post and thought “Oi oi saveloy! I think we’ve found Lois!” #topcop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ah yes - the end of May, season of swedes 🙄🙄🙄
I know this is going back a few pages but I’m so confused by this- I never thought of May as a swede type of month (who would? 🤢) but a quick google shows that may is literally the lowest month for swedes?

And why wait 20 days to retweet the article, when she’s on Twitter all the time, it makes no sense!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
477C9778-DD43-4276-ABEB-B1FCFDD447FD.jpeg

Someone asked if she’d had her teeth bleached. As the owner of an iPhone 11, it certainly doesn’t blur your face or make your teeth blinding white automatically. Unless I’ve missed that somewhere in the settings 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Congratulations @Flumps!! This is amazing news, so chuffed for you. Here’s a clip from all of us on the fun bus to your wedding ❤❤❤

If @Flumps doesn't do a wedding-Court date combo I’m going to be having a VERY bad head day and may or may not fall under a train by accident while tweeting about how I’m apoplectic with incandescent rage! I’m all about rinsed bean bridesmaid dresses, and the men can wear tinned peach button holes to keep in theme. Instead of confetti (hello, environment!), grated Spam will be sprinkled liberally as you walk out of the dock/aisle. You will walk out to Love is Law by Earth Wind and Fire, as Jack sobs on new Mrs J #5’s shoulder about bleeping up her 100% success rate. I rest my case <bangs gavel>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I know this is going back a few pages but I’m so confused by this- I never thought of May as a swede type of month (who would? 🤢) but a quick google shows that may is literally the lowest month for swedes?

And why wait 20 days to retweet the article, when she’s on Twitter all the time, it makes no sense!
this annoys me so much . May is awonderful time for seasonal produce - flat beans and peas andthe most delicious tomatoes and salad and strawberries. Why does she have to make everything So grim and crap! The thought of swede in May depresses me.

Reactions: 14
Did anyone see the skincare monologue on twitter and another job to add to the list?

did make me laugh how she failed to include facetune and then the comments about making things go further when she realised she’d listed quite a lot of products.
omg I have actually just gasped - never ever ever use anything with abrasive particles on your face!!! It causes microtearing, I’m pretty sure there was a successful class action taken against the St Ives scrub people in the US! And I also do not recommend BURNING YOUR FACE recreationally!

Honestly skincare has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, to shill advice you learnt 10+ years ago isn’t good enough. The best & cheapest advice you can give anyone is to use a daily SPF and if budget allows/relevant an anti pollutant. duck me I hope no one listens to either tidbits else they’ll be doing “costly legal action ladies” on her!

Also the body shop are not ethical at all - have you seen they’ve started their own ghastly MLM scheme? So bleeping bad, and yes it’ll be poor women & stay at home mums who fall into that debt trap.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That throbbing vein on her forehead...she could not look less relaxed if she tried!

View attachment 138187
Christ, look at all that mayo in the background. It speaks volumes to me about Jack's lack of integrity that she'll take a fee to promote such a prolific user of eggs as Hellman's. Chickens have their beaks trimmed without anaesthetic to stop them pecking each other to death; free range is worth very little because natural pecking order and overcrowding means that most of the birds never make it outside of the barn; male chicks are routinely disposed of in horrific ways because they're useless to the egg trade.

I buy soil association eggs (they ban beak trimming), and eggs from a very small farm locally as I know they don't trim the beaks of their birds but it still doesn't address the other problems, and I do feel guilty whenever I think about it. If I was someone who had published a book of mainly vegan recipes and quite vocally advocated against animal cruelty (including making my small child buy his own sausages....) I'd be ashamed to align myself with such a brand.

But it doesn't matter to Jack. It's just another trip to Penhaligons.

ETA: so many congratulations @Flumps and sorry to include my well wishes on such a grim message! You deserve a lifetime of happiness and love x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
View attachment 138189

Someone asked if she’d had her teeth bleached. As the owner of an iPhone 11, it certainly doesn’t blur your face or make your teeth blinding white automatically. Unless I’ve missed that somewhere in the settings 🤔
Erm I also have an iPhone 11, definitely don’t have that in my portrait setting either. If anything it’s a bit too brutal for me, I only take pics of the kids as they have lovely skin

Reactions: 6
Did anyone see the skincare monologue on twitter and another job to add to the list?

did make me laugh how she failed to include facetune and then the comments about making things go further when she realised she’d listed quite a lot of products.
So that’s Body Shop Rep to add to the job list....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
this annoys me so much . May is awonderful time for seasonal produce - flat beans and peas andthe most delicious tomatoes and salad and strawberries. Why does she have to make everything So grim and crap! The thought of swede in May depresses me.
Swede is in season in the UK from October to February. It’s a winter vegetable. “In season”? Where does she get this stuff from?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Also the body shop are not ethical at all - have you seen they’ve started their own ghastly MLM scheme? So bleeping bad, and yes it’ll be poor women & stay at home mums who fall into that debt trap.
From her saying 'Body Shop rep' I'm guessing she was in the MLM part of it. Good lord, imagine having her as an upline!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.