Jack Monroe #179 Emotionally charged and ends with the threat of a lawyer

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with cooking, and especially when teaching someone a new skill, the idea is to get them to feel comfortable in their new endeavour - as such, a bit of creativity and the acceptance that mistakes will be made are part of the deal of being a teacher, no one learnt anything without making a few mistakes along the way. This isn’t teaching, what she’s doing is essentially demanding that it be cooked exactly to her liking, the question is, what are the implications if the student fails?
Like is she genuinely going to know the difference whether the correct measuring tablespoon was used or not?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Jesus. Can you imagine the atmosphere that particular night! I can't believe LJC didn't escape while she had the chance but then Breakdown Jack made a full appearance when 'she left'
I’m not gonna speculate about why they reunited but there are comments and gifts from L’s friends documented on Insta and twitter during what is presumably the “she left” period that suggests they were very happy for LJC and that speaks volumes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
So sieves are interchangeable, coriander is supposed to be dusty and Jack's a bleep. Got it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
There were huge red flags for me about the list scarf - I’m going to tell my many followers what an idiot you are for losing a really expensive thing I got you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
There's a terrible irony in the woman-child who regularly throws tantrums in public forums giving out the sort of patronising tips a mother would give to her student kid who's just learning to cook.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm still trying to make sense of that recipe. Is she telling Louisa to cook 3 separate portions of the curry in three separate slow cooking dishes? 🤯

I wonder if Louisa posting that was a secret cry for help. How thoughtful of her to explain how to carry hot dishes though :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 4.25.15 pm.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I'm still trying to make sense of that recipe. Is she telling Louisa to cook 3 separate portions of the curry in three separate slow cooking dishes? 🤯

I wonder if Louisa posting that was a secret cry for help. How thoughtful of her to explain how to carry hot dishes though :rolleyes:

View attachment 527542
urgh it's so patronising, I hope it was either intended as a joke or Louisa had a stern word with Jack after this, because nobody deserves this level of smug on a weekday 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Obvs this is speculation, but I think we can see a glimpse of that in the WHITE NOT RED spring onion instruction. I imagine Louisa being asked to get spring onions, she thinks the red ones will be nice, but Jack throws a strop and never allows her to forget about it. Despite the fact that an onion is an onion is an onion #onionpolice
Yea if I deviate and use whichever onion I like then I’m being creative, maverick and relying on my years of hard learnt experience - but if you do it you’ve failed, again. (For example)

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Either Jack is terrible at teaching or she wants to make Louisa feel incompetent.

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 11.14.32.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
I think it was likely a hilarious piece of content they dreamed up together for likes. Much like all her in-no-way-performative signs about not touching ouchy knives or Mama’s pens or who is in what bubble.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
So many red flags.

Luckily, we have an expert on red flags here to explain them to us.

20210413_172756.jpg
20210413_172811.jpg
20210413_172822.jpg
20210413_172832.jpg
20210413_172845.jpg
20210413_172854.jpg
20210413_172909.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
If this was posted by a woman in a heterosexual relationship you’d be sending her details of a DV charity. Not even being flippant, that’s full-on abuser stuff. 🚩🚩🚩

As someone above says... Louisa doesn’t need to be able to cook. She’s busy and well paid and Ocado exists. “Teaching” her is just a cover for control and belittlement by a woman who is good at precisely duck all.

I’ve a friend who for years was beaten black and blue and financially controlled by her female partner. Abuse in same sex relationships isn’t spoken about enough. Funny, then, I suppose, that Jack has, when she’s clearly the perpetrator in other circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.