Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm I seem to remember THAT MAN getting into a bit of a hoo haa over paella. Weren't Valencians horribly offended that he'd bastardised the dish by putting chorizo in it? Shouldn't a certain smol pixie be fully aware of this given how vocal she is about his appropriation of jollof rice? Shouldn't said smol pixie be ashamed that not only did she make an even LESS authentic version (by...baking it?? 🤮), she's made it look like a pile of vomit?

A cursory search reveals this... uh oh 😬

View attachment 525514
TBH I wonder if she wants to go viral about this? Imagine if people started talking about it - thousands of squiggles would rush in to defend her, and she's be the innocent victim of a pile-on (people love defending Jack, plus correct use of foreign words is often seen as snobbery in a culinary context). School chaos forgotten!

Luckily she is too obscure - That Man was famous internationally before his alleged paella. Anyway, one friend reckons that Jack's version is "too fake to even be offensive". 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Off topic but bloody ell @MancBee Eve Gallagher, takes me right back to Manto’s/Paradise Factory 💃❤🙌

Back to lurking but god, she’s still an absolute horror.
Without doubt you would know who I am, if not by name, definitely by sight. Let's just say I was well known in Paradise and Manto (Danceteia too) 😉

TBH I wonder if she wants to go viral about this? Imagine if people started talking about it - thousands of squiggles would rush in to defend her, and she's be the innocent victim of a pile-on
She would love to go viral....and this would increase her exposure to people that wouldn't know her from Adam.

There's no such thing as bad publicity, as the saying goes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
When I enjoy a song from The Smitsh, I just atribute it all to Johnny Marr in my head so I don't have to think about Morrisey :LOL:

(Of course, I now run the risk of people pointing towards dissapointing things about Marr, haha, but to me he always comes across as a good one)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
We'll let you in as long as you don't smuggle in any of Jack's food!
thank god - i love it there and I’ve been kept out last summer and probably this one too because virus. Can’t wait to get back for actual paella

• Heart
Reactions: 18
God I miss Morrissey and I really resent him for ruining his music for me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Ahhh, Morrissey before he was a mad, old racist. 😂
He was always a bit odd. I remember when he was first out on the gay scene. Very full of himself, I had never met anyone with so much self confidence. What you would call a bit of a big head.

Puts me in mind of Jack, always thought he was deserving of better. He came from middle class background too, and resented it. Wanted to be seen as tallented working class made good. The more I think, he was very like Jack. Or should I say, given the age difference, Jack is very much like Morrisey.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Yum, snakehead baked rice. The fact she limits comments on these posts is hilarious. Deep down she knows how dreadful her cooking is too.
I'm in a public waiting room and just had a chuckle at Snakehead Baked Rice.
That photo is the stuff of nightmares.

Surely this made her doubly angry that That Man also dared to appropriate traditional Southend Pier cuisine. The audacity!
Nicely done Jamie, sly af 👌

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Hmmmm I seem to remember THAT MAN getting into a bit of a hoo haa over paella. Weren't Valencians horribly offended that he'd bastardised the dish by putting chorizo in it? Shouldn't a certain smol pixie be fully aware of this given how vocal she is about his appropriation of jollof rice? Shouldn't said smol pixie be ashamed that not only did she make an even LESS authentic version (by...baking it?? 🤮), she's made it look like a pile of vomit?

A cursory search reveals this... uh oh 😬

View attachment 525514
This looks really nice tbf.

Reactions: 16
Moving from the not-paella to the privacy thing again... Someone said she has no privacy notice on her website? Now at the very least, she collects people's email addresses on there, so is it not mandatory by law that she has one? In addition, she should by law be registered with the ICO and have paid a data protection fee as she handles and stores an awful lot of personal data. Even if we ignore the stories people send her, she has an employee with hands and data, all the names and addresses of her patrons, and we can only speculate as to how this data is stored... It looks to me like she's breaching data protection law in a number of ways 🤔.

Happy for more knowledgeable fraus to provide further education on the subject, but it doesn't look right to me at all?
One thing that she should be especially careful about is the “stories” she’s collected from people about their own experiences of poverty etc. It’s highly likely that some if not most of these will contain “special category” data (i.e. sensitive info, such as in relation to health, racial origin, political opinions, etc). The rules are MUCH STRICTER in relation to this sort of data, and Jack must be hoarding loads of this stuff.
She should be shitting herself about this.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
For someone so cocky to slag off other people's trifles, she thinks she's made of teflon to put that sad rice dish out there.

I'm beginning to wonder whether data protection will be her downfall. For someone who claims to have a stalker living nearby she made it very easy for people here to figure out her address, she was never spooked by 'a neighbour' leaving soap on her doorstep, and @Tabitha D is right - a lot of data collected will be sensitive information which needs a lot more stringent care, and quite rightly too.

Maybe Jack needs to spend less time sending out threatening lawyer letters and get her own house in order

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Gosh - imagine if Lovehoney personally thanked all their customers on Facebook or Twitter publicly. Or M&S congratulated you on your purchase of pants in whatever size. Not a bleeping clue.
Thanks for using GoHenry! We’re thrilled you spent £20 in Asda, then £350 at Burberry and £400 at Cotswolds. Cheers hun x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Lol.

'All Jamie’s early stuff was cheeky but encouraging. It’s how I try to communicate with my readers now: simple, chatty, bish bash bosh, come-into-my-kitchen banter. And you can’t take away from what an impact that had on people’s cooking. It was revolutionary. I don’t know if it’s because he started out in a pub, or that he’s worked in kitchens, or that he is also raising a family, but he meets it from every possible angle.'

' If I did meet him, I would love to just cook for half a day with him and see what nuggets of wisdom I could pick up. And I’d also want just to say thank you. His work has had a real impact on me. Even now, if I’m stuck for a recipe or an ingredient, I’ll go on his website and have a little poke around.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
For someone so cocky to slag off other people's trifles, she thinks she's made of teflon to put that sad rice dish out there.

I'm beginning to wonder whether data protection will be her downfall. For someone who claims to have a stalker living nearby she made it very easy for people here to figure out her address, she was never spooked by 'a neighbour' leaving soap on her doorstep, and @Tabitha D is right - a lot of data collected will be sensitive information which needs a lot more stringent care, and quite rightly too.

Maybe Jack needs to spend less time sending out threatening lawyer letters and get her own house in order
You'd think that having had a bad experience with stalking, she'd be more sympathetic to people who want a bit of privacy, especially when the internet is concerned. However, as always she doesn't even try to feign compassion for those less fortunate than herself. :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.