Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did some law modules for my mainly useless degree and really enjoyed it.

I loved case law, lots of little stories with proper endings, like the one about the snail in the bottle of ginger beer.
Wow that is a blast from the past😱🐌 stirred memories I’d suppressed about college life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can she be reported for threatening behaviour?
Threatening legal action isn’t the same as threatening behaviour.
Legally, persons have the right to take legal action, whether that action is vexatious would need to be determined by a court. Threatening behaviour is more like saying I’m going to thump you. Or cook lingreenie and throw it in your face.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Maybe the 5th bedroom doesn't count as it's JACK'S room. Kept as a shrine from when she moved out to prevent her having a massive meltdown 'It's MY room!' 'I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm sick!
I reckon one could have been used as a bedroom but now with less people living there it's been repurposed as something else? THEN/NOW vibe. OR (most likely situation) *whispers* she's lying.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
To use Jack ~ parlance ~ I am SHOOKETH that she had the audacity to threaten @essexgirl101 with legal action. You clearly rattled her. What an absolutely pathetic individual. Gonna sue someone for telling the truth? I'd like to see you try it, I really would, you complete moron.

All this does is fan the flames and make me wonder even more what else she is hiding and clearly terrified of people finding out. We're all on the right track and she knows it.

That old adage about the truth setting you free could not be more relevant for her. What a lonely, miserable life you have created for yourself, Jack.
On the money BB and she could be pitied if she wasn’t so downright nasty. She will end up a sad and lonely woman.

I’m finding life a bit tough at the moment. If I allow myself to go back to my default setting - feeling sorry for myself/comparing myself to others/mentally compiling examples of how things keep going wrong for me and those close to me, then I would be in danger of getting bitter and acting like Jack. So I work hard at keeping a check on that and I won’t lie, a part of that is reminding myself that “things could get worse...you could act like Jack. Easier said than done sometimes but I’ve got to keep at it because I want better for myself.

I’ve always had depression and I’ve eventually persuaded the Psychiatrist who looks after me (not on speed dial) to change my meds again because they just weren’t working and in addition, I put on a lot of weight as one of them is notorious for it. So I’m on a wee journey of weaning down/nothing/starting new but I am confident that I would still have better impulse control with posting than Jack does. If I feel tit/irritable/agitated I will stay offline. I understand Jack maybe doesn’t have that but she knows she can get it...she just doesn’t want it.

Last weekend I had a word with myself about over sharing but clearly I should bump that up my defect list. Sorry fraus 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 101
I was thinking maybe they've changed one of the bedrooms into a sewing room / mancave / whatever so that in Jack's mind it no longer counts as a 5-bed. Because she's an idiot.
I agree, far more likely! I wouldn't be surprised if she did have a strop when HER bedroom was to be used by others/repurposed though, even if her parents went ahead as planned

Reactions: 24
Legally, persons have the right to take legal action, whether that action is vexatious would need to be determined by a court. Threatening behaviour is more like saying I’m going to thump you. Or cook lingreenie and throw it in your face.
Or make you eat it?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Here comes Men In Black Jack with her Neuralyzer to cleanse our memories!

View attachment 524736

Lawyer Jack makes me laugh. Fortunately as I am AUTISTIC I am unable to be criticised in any way or have legal proceedings instigated against me. I'll miss the rest of you when you're all in prison though.
Oh god @traumatised sideboard you know my nightmares about the Onion Police are based on them looking like the Men in Black but with onions for heads, and I had a nightmare yesterday that Sali Hughes chased me to a train station and rang the Onion police to stop me escaping because I criticized her eyeshadow (I do, it’s the wrong colour)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Or worse still, cook lingreenie and make you eat it. 🤢
ETA: Beat me to it, @Lumpyspaceprincess 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If you liked Donoghue v Stevenson your gonna lose your tit over R v Brown 😜😂😂😂 Look that baby up 😜

🙋‍♀️ Legal troll here 🔺 this to @essexgirl101 but also any of you ninnies who have that fear moment about this place and Jack threats. Do not fear, threats with the intention of scaring you is absolutely all it is. What I would hypothetically do, if someone or their solicitor wrote a cease and desist is write back (Frauen you can do this yourself and don’t need a lawyer - just an ounce of sense and keep it civil and honest) asking for specifics and evidence of their allegations in order for you to understand what exactly it is they are claiming. Once they reply, write again asking them to explain this area of law to you...as a layman (layfrau) You could have some fun with a bit of to and fro. Minimum Jack has to explain herself (if she’s the one writing), Max she’s paying some fool to respond = no more butter for several years. If I were Ms Monroes counsel Id be warning her off her constant legal actions because there is an actual thing called Vexatious Litigation, judges don’t like that and certainly don’t like law firms who pursue this kind of activity. Firing off baseless letters like this with absolutely no merit is actually Harrasment...that’s not a civil matter that’s a criminal matter. There’s some free advice for you Jackie 😜 you’re welcome Hun.

Essex girl pls send 176 lever arch files of tattle printed out and ask for examples of your libel 😂💸💸💸

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I was going to say that. What she really needs is good and affordable Council/social housing with a secure long term rental agreement. That cannot ever be taken by bailiffs - only her own anti-social behaviour would cost her the roof and that take some years of wrangling by the local authority. I would suggest she would do hugely more good campaigning for cheaper, permanent rental agreements, social housing and supported living. Instead she sells fifteen mixed herb/spiced soups with crumbled kale and dried mushrooms. And expects a bungalow by the sea, for free, in return.
She earns far too much money to be considered homeless - she could easily afford to rent privately if she were more realistic about her choices. And leaving a private tenancy/booted out for not paying the rent when you have sufficient funds from just a passive income stream means she wouldn't be eligible due to being intentionally homeless. Oh, that and not being a lone parent, so no requirement to house the kid as he lives with his father. She'd obviously be too good to want to make do with a one bedroomed flat in a low income area, too. She'd also still have to pay the rent on time or be evicted.

Leave the social housing for people who genuinely need it, not those who would like it (and would inevitably want to use it to get a discounted purchase price).

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Can I impart some truths to our fave lurking ninny.

You will never be happy. NEVER, until you stop chasing something that will never be yours.( Because it's never enough) In the last ten years you have improved your station all be it (@as you have claimed) not as much as you would have like but enough so you don't have to take out light bulbs, turn off appliances and starve so your son can eat. I don't like your food but from what I see there is plenty ( more than enough sometimes) of it that you can make two dinners and other such nonsense.

When will it ever be enough? When you have made your first mil, 2 mil, bought a house in the Carribbean with two cats, a dog and a maid, bought an island?

Make the most of what you have, you have improved your situation in the last ten years in the next with ( hard work) you can perhaps have your forever home and some other bits.

Stop the pity party, look after your kid and most of all WISE UP.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Can we have another poll on the next thread?

Curious to see how many new bullying ninnies have found us this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Regarding the bedrooms, there's an interview online with her dad from 2003 where it says they had 2 foster children plus Jack and her brother at home. Now foster children have to have their own room don't they? And at 15 and 16, Jack and her brother wouldn't be sharing a room. So 5 bedrooms would have been needed, unless someone was in a tent in the garden 🙄. So it probably is her being clever and one of the bedrooms is now used for something else.

Reactions: 55
She’s liked a post by the Ed of Huff Post claiming how excited she is about the charity shops reopening tomorrow.

Following the thread, lots of other media types are commenting along the lines of “my diary has been cleared 🤣.”

That’s just lovely isn’t it? All these West London/Brighton/Southend😉 media types raiding the charity shops so those who they are actually there for can’t get a foot in. Tomorrow, when I go back, if I see anything nice, a Jigsaw jacket or Le Creuset say, I will put it away and send it to HuffPo, because god forbid anyone actually in need would want it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
They generally took in two foster children. So if it was a 4 bed, for a long time whilst Big Bro and Jack lived at home there was only one spare bedroom for two children? So they were adding the foster child to Bro or Jack’s bedroom? Or they had two foster kids regardless of age/sex sharing a room? That sounds far less than ideal.

Reactions: 21
A21A82E6-8C12-497A-9789-F08FE747735E.jpeg

AD680205-2819-4F8C-A53D-D71D52F54952.jpeg

Now forgive me here, I may be wrong but....in the first post she lists ‘home made chilli garlic oil’ but then in the replies says she used the oil out of the jarred artichokes as the base for this ‘chilli garlic oil’? Isn’t that just ‘oil, chillis, garlic’ as ingredients, admittedly without the overarching pretensions of artisanal ‘home made chilli garlic oil’??

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.