Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s liked a post by the Ed of Huff Post claiming how excited she is about the charity shops reopening tomorrow.

Following the thread, lots of other media types are commenting along the lines of “my diary has been cleared 🤣.”

That’s just lovely isn’t it? All these West London/Brighton/Southend😉 media types raiding the charity shops so those who they are actually there for can’t get a foot in. Tomorrow, when I go back, if I see anything nice, a Jigsaw jacket or Le Creuset say, I will put it away and send it to HuffPo, because god forbid anyone actually in need would want it.
She's fucked the leather lapel jacket up with all her tacky pins, she needs a new blaaazer for job interviews, I can't see her earning a wage any other way for the foreseeable.

Reactions: 38
She earns far too much money to be considered homeless - she could easily afford to rent privately if she were more realistic about her choices. And leaving a private tenancy/booted out for not paying the rent when you have sufficient funds from just a passive income stream means she wouldn't be eligible due to being intentionally homeless. Oh, that and not being a lone parent, so no requirement to house the kid as he lives with his father. She'd obviously be too good to want to make do with a one bedroomed flat in a low income area, too. She'd also still have to pay the rent on time or be evicted.

Leave the social housing for people who genuinely need it, not those who would like it (and would inevitably want to use it to get a discounted purchase price).
Gosh - I know she doesn’t come close to requiring or scoring high enough for social housing. What I mean is, there should be more available so there isn’t so much demand on the what little social housing is now left. I would also stop right to buy, immediately, if I ruled the world. Private rent is expensive and precarious. It should not be the only option for so many people. A strong campaigner to get that into the headlines would do more good than slop-slinging.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Isn’t there meant to be rice in paella? I can’t make out any rice. Just a load of random crap.

ALSO WHY DOES SHE NEVER POST RECIPE AND FOOD AT SAME TIME ARGH

• Haha
Reactions: 64
She hasn't learned has she? Is there a recipe. No, will be soon. What for? Another non-existent book?
Does most of her slop even need written recipes, you can see what slop she's chop in the bowl, and she never measures out tit.

I still would like to see the vegan upside down pineapple chicken Jack. Sort it out ya ninnie!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Does most of her slop even need written recipes, you can what slop she's chop in the bowl, and she never measures out tit.

I still would like to see the vegan upside down pineapple chicken Jack. Sort it out ya ninnie!
Ummmm...... form an orderly queue.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Sign up! I won’t do anything with your email address (not even email a reply. NB I will use knowledge of it or lack of, or contents of recent emails, in public twitter spats)

Methinks Bootstrap Ltd will be having a conversation with the Information Commissioners Office.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
My word, I have a day off and it's chaos.

As regards recording the lives I think that's a great idea. I did ponder last time that by watching we were really helping her. And as it turned out we made up the majority of the audience.

What sort of person sends a friend a letter like that? And if need be I'll chuck a few quid in the pot

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I know some people can be food purists, but that's not recognisable as paella. It looks like overbaked claggy rice with vegetables dumped on the top.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
I still like the idea of ninnies in a giant filing room, putting receipts away. Like little helpful ninnybots. If only there was an artiste I could commission to bring it to life....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.