Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Law is baffling. Law frauen are fab.

In total agreement- this is why her letters and threats are so horrid. To the majority of people, receiving a letter like that would be absolutely terrifying. The language (let along the costs) are so out of reach.

(what does tort mean?)
A tort is a civil wrong! ☺ (As opposed to a criminal wrong; for example, negligence is a tort - a civil wrong. Tresspas is usually a tort).

• Heart
Reactions: 40
You know I would not put it past ms facetuned sock accounts to lift some letter heads from the net and do her own 'solicitor' letters. Just my opinion m'lud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Burning bridges has consequences-
She thinks Nigella is so close a friend that she even called her Mom on Twitter! Yet I can never remember a time when Nigella has asked Jack around for one of her get togethers. Otherwise we wouldn't hear the last of it. She hasn't called over to Mary Portas's for a cup of tea and a bourbon. Matt Tebutt certainly hasn't contacted her for any social activity. It is almost as if they really don't see her as a friend at all.

She could have had it all........ (Now I have got Eve Gallagher in my ear all afternoon )

Baby in your arms at 17
You spend your life wondering what you might have been
'Cause love has turned to hate
But that ain't nothing new
You can have it all

And so she could have. What a waste of the most amazing opportunities for a mediocre talentless wanabee. She had chances time and again that many more talented people never get, and she squandered every last one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
FIL is a retired solicitor. He also has no problem with anybody criticising bollocks on the internet - the screenshots make it easy to dismantle a claim. It doesn't look good for a Name to be picking on respectable people who happen to think that the Name is a lying dick when by their own words, as evidenced by screenshots, prove them to be a habitual liar and fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I did some law modules for my mainly useless degree and really enjoyed it.

I loved case law, lots of little stories with proper endings, like the one about the snail in the bottle of ginger beer.
Yes! Learning the cases was my favourite bit, too! HILARIOUSLY (and I don't know why it's taken me so long to remember this) but when we were learning about defamation, Monroe v Hopkins was one of the example cases 😂 One of the ones that sticks in my mind is Scott v Scott (Mrs Scott wanted to declare her marriage void because Mr Scott was impotent!) we cited it because it's an example of common law that protects open justice but I did think, when reading the papers, 'fair enough, love!'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
No one apart from her caused that choas yesterday. The people responding to her where being calm and concise, yet she was howling and clawing at the phone about bad time at school.

When you talk to many people they moan about having a crap time at school but after about a year or leaving and moving on to whatever they do after its normally a distance sometimes humorous memory of something that once happened.

The fact she still lives with the memory like it was yesterday is very odd and the fact she didn't try to improve herself or situation afterwards is also odd.

A bloke in the news yesterday was talking about his tit childhood and how he want to jail did all his duke of Edinburgh awards etc as a means to get out of his cell and now he's an ACTUAL chef and doing well for himself.

This for me is the normal reaction. Life is tit but you have to dig yourself out no one else will and no one else will care.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I did some law modules for my mainly useless degree and really enjoyed it.

I loved case law, lots of little stories with proper endings, like the one about the snail in the bottle of ginger beer.
Donoghue vs Stevenson! Are they still teaching that!? What larks! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Solicitors within reason will write what you ask them as well, they will threaten something doesn’t mean they will go through with it.
I was just thinking this ! More Solicitors than anything in my family. Give them £30 and they will send a letter saying your cat looks funny and frightened a child. Seriously it’s a nothing thing and it’s such easy money from dimwits. In reality though they know the difference between a twerp and a genuine grievance.
Just because Jackoscammo claimed from National Treasure (not) KH means nothing.
There would be no point coming after me. On a pension. No capital or assets. She struck lucky once.
If she can afford a lawyer on tap she’s not poor. It’s evident not just what anyone thinks.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
She thinks Nigella is so close a friend that she even called her Mom on Twitter! Yet I can never remember a time when Nigella has asked Jack around for one of her get togethers. Otherwise we wouldn't hear the last of it. She hasn't called over to Mary Portas's for a cup of tea and a bourbon. Matt Tebutt certainly hasn't contacted her for any social activity. It is almost as if they really don't see her as a friend at all.
I have never properly unclenched from cringing when Jack tweeted Matt's wife thanking her for lending Matt to her.
Mrs Tebbutt had the good sense to neither reply nor like it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
you just left out when she did a shout out on twitter for an oncologist to get in touch. Think it's worth a mention.
Thank (space) you. Yes it’s definitely worth the mention. I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt with that one because it was deleted so quickly that I strongly suspect that we’re the only people who actually saw it (whereas the others are there for all to see). Plus it was at the time she kept saying a loved one was ill rather than her so I’m not 100% certain she intended it to be part of her current crumb dropping. I like to think the judge will look favourably upon these conclusions when I present this evidence (if the video link from Moscow works).

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I can't quite get my head round how she doesn't ever see what a piss poor look this is . FOOL 🙄
Especially as it is so eloquently pointed out to her on here, a place she reads avidly. It's not like we hold back, is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
As a license fee payer, I was actually her employer last year for two weeks. Time for her annual performance review. #sheworksforus
If only we’d realised at the time , we could have said “We pay taxes licence fees, you ducks. We're allowed to give you tit. That's part of the deal.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack....you're still an embarrassment to yourself and everyone around you. I rarely post on this thread these days but dip in now and then. Guess what...same tit from you but just a different day. You're an idiot .... and it's time you grew up.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack....you're still an embarrassment to yourself and everyone around you. I rarely post on this thread these days but dip in now and then. Guess what...same tit from you but just a different day. You're an idiot .... and it's time you grew up.
SHAN’T.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I did a module of law in my dim and distant past doing banking exams and kind of vaguely remember tort being something to do with contracts- now when i hear tort(e) i think of a type of cake (Jack wouldn't know either word) & fondly remember my own SB being a big fan of a raspberry one I used to get from the Co-op as a treat on Sundays for pudding. He didn't shriek and leap around with joy , to my disappointment, he was just really pleased and smiley when i put it in front of him ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.