Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I should know this, but what's the story of Jollof rice (not the dish I mean, the JM story)?
In the THAT MAN chaos she launched into criticism of him being given a channel 4 show saying he was getting all up in her niche in the same way that he did a ‘jerk rice’ recipe which was accused of cultural appropriation

Reactions: 31
I love you dear heart for saying how much you 💘 eating. Me too.
Perhaps Slimming World could sign up Jackie next. Gold stars all round with weight loss cos no-one would eat that fuckers recipes would they.
Maybe *this* is her true calling - producing food so bad that even greedy fuckers feel repulsed by the idea of eating what she comes up with...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It was included in her rant about That Man. Because he appropriated jollof rice. One Rant to Start It All. (It’s all in the Lime Goss article if you haven’t read it)

View attachment 525133
She really is quite melodramatic isn’t she.

“I’ve lost everything I’ve ever worked for”

No pet, not unless an unfortunate fire tore through your place of residence and burnt all your ringbinders & electronics and every copy of your book to ever exist (I’m imagining little fires in bookcases all over the country)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I feel like I should know this, but what's the story of Jollof rice (not the dish I mean, the JM story)?
Isn’t this a reference to when Jamie Oliver tried to do Jollof rice during the World Cup and his recipe was very not authentic and all
of West African Twitter took notice and dragged him for it.

Reactions: 32
Gosh - I know she doesn’t come close to requiring or scoring high enough for social housing. What I mean is, there should be more available so there isn’t so much demand on the what little social housing is now left. I would also stop right to buy, immediately, if I ruled the world. Private rent is expensive and precarious. It should not be the only option for so many people. A strong campaigner to get that into the headlines would do more good than slop-slinging.
I am sure I remember reading in of her early blogs that she was so glad she'd found a flat to rent because she was just about to apply for social housing.

And seriously can you imagine Jack in social housing

She would be throwing a tamtrum going I can't live here, it's a terrace. It TOUCHES other houses. And where are the spare bedrooms, and the garden, there is barely enough room for my egg chairs, and no garage, where am I meant to store my spare chairs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Every. Single. Thing . She cooks looks the same. Like something I would make from the "on the turn " stuff at the back of the fridge.

Why not just have something...crisp...or....fresh? Just for once.

Her food is just...apathy and loathing in a tiny bowl.

I don't believe she even eats that tit. Probably got Uber eats on speed dial .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
OT but I love my grub and have managed to become a tubby vegan over the past decade. I'm actually in an FB group called What Fat Vegans Eat 🔺️ and it's a visual feast.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Don't all chefs kind of steal recipies.

I mean if Nigel Slater makes lasagna on his show. I am certain he wasn't the first to do it. Does that mean he's stealing that person's life's work.

By adopting that attitude chefs wouldn't be able to make anything accept things they invent themselves.

Reactions: 42
This should probably go in food and drink but I don’t want to but (butt?) in there when paellas are here. When I was young I went to Spain and had a paella in a proper Spanish restaurant but instead of rice it was like chopped up noodles. Is that a thing? I’m never sure if I misremember the past, if I just went to weird places or if it is real!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.