Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So are we to take from this, that she has smashed meecrowaveh rice and jarred antipasti in a pan - to then cool, freeze, and reheat? Surely - surely - this would take longer the second time round, therefore defeating the purpose of a quick freezer stash?!
Oh god there’s chip shop curry flavoured rice in there?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
This leads me on to my next question... did Jack manage to somehow...BAKE a paella? Cos it looks dry & crispy AF on top.

Not all foodstuffs need mavericked.
Heating is heating innit. Frying pan, microwave, oven, grill, panini press, all totally interchangeable. Not a toaster though, Toasters Are Forbidden.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
See, if she just wrote the recipe up before posting the pics, all this email subscription stuff would be null and void, she could just post a link. But the point is, I think, to get as many email addresses as possible. For REASONS.
Probs so she can go to brands and sell opportunities to be featured in her emails to a “half a million” list that’s only that big cos no one can unsubscribe from the bleeping thing

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Heating is heating innit. Frying pan, microwave, oven, grill, panini press, all totally interchangeable. Not a toaster though, Toasters Are Forbidden.
Will you stop reminding her that she doesn't have one. Well she does but it's just there she doesnt use it because welll poor.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Why did she send an actual paper letter? Is it more... Legal? It's a bit of a hit and miss way to tell someone to cease. How would she know it had even been received?

Is it because a recorded delivery letter is more valuable in court than a text/WhatsApp/email/messenger?

Nothing about Jack would surprise me...her whole persona is baffling.

I have a vision of her scribbling away, tongue sticking out, writing "go away!" with her quill pen.
Hit-miss erosion

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Will you stop reminding her that she doesn't have one. Well she does but it's just there she doesnt use it because welll poor.
Well she has two but one only does two slices at a time which is obviously traumatic for her because she was once poor and couldn’t afford more bread.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
In that article about her dad's house he was complaining about all the costs of fostering, including needing a bigger home. It claimed the council tax bill nearly doubled after the house was extended....this isn't true as council tax bands only change if the property is sold🤔
Depends on LA. Here, you have a revised bill sent through as soon as you have planning permission granted.

Reactions: 19
sooo, she suggested paella the other day in response to a squiggle's plea for a one pot fancy thing and here we are with this atrocity 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She's a big bollock talker. As if she made that 'paella' yesterday in the middle of all that narc chaos, and portioned it all into containers she happens to have (but doesn't have ANY other stuff at Louisa's). Why does she lie about all this day to day shite like making first dinners for a son who isn't even there. The mind boggles once again.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I imagine L to be a bit London comospolitian and prior to be subjected to neverending slop eat out or in the job so to speak so doesn't have alot of cooking stuff in. The fridge is probably for milk and like someone else said the freezer for ice cream.

Also how the fook does moan a gob manage to eat this tit with the most painful mouth in the whole of world.

I'd imagine it's soups and ice creams mainly not bleeping mushrooms the size of baby rats.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Depends on LA. Here, you have a revised bill sent through as soon as you have planning permission granted.
I don't see this on the official site? The gov.uk site only says exemptions apply for some circumstances- eg building a self contained annexe or something to do with leasehold properties.

Reactions: 11
But, what is she going to do with the frozen fish she’s been given

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Oh man, that Paella looks like it's full of cooked flat worms 🤢

On the 5 bedroom thing, early in her renting history Jack stated she was living with 4 or 5 other people at one time and the fraus speculated correctly that she had moved back home. She was lying by omission.

I'm grunking but every grunk big or small is always a joy thanks to this lovely cabal. This place is never short on laughs and warmth.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Wow, I certainly picked the wrong time to have a BUSY weekend. Tried to grunk but I had to stop reading the last two threads because the combination of rage and excessive cringing was not good for my constitution.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.