Jack Monroe #172 Grift, glaugh, glove

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she doesn’t use all the #gifted skincare on her poor, parched, rough as sandpaper skin then? Let me guess, that was then?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Alternative take: you could just use shampoo which can be had for 30p in a supermarket, and stop attention seeking, you mucky bint.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Normally, people who give up shampoo still use something. They might use a weak baking soda solution followed by weak vinegar (both antibacterial), or use soapnuts, or just use conventional conditioner without using shampoo first.

It is unhygienic to use nothing. This is coming from somebody who has done it, and I still stretch my washes as much as possible. No part of our body has evolved to use soap, that doesn't make it not unhygienic to eschew it. Although, I don't care if people don't use shampoo, and I would do the no-poo thing myself if it suited me. (My scalp will never not be oily, and my frizzy knotty hair will never not need conditioners in order to brush it). Just, there's no point in pretending that using only water to wash anything is hygienic.

Note to Jack: a different opinion to you is not "judging" or "bullying" - especially not on a gossip website that you actively choose to read. The desperation to be victimized is pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
@Pocahontas can we pick this up again at some point in the future though because it has been top (and I want to make one but can't be bothered just now) 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She’s saying now the CG method didn’t work for her so she’s trying so hard to make it look like her idea didn’t come from her Grunka 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I am so sorry Cabal. Perhaps this is a sign that I should stop.

20210330_214336.jpg

20210330_214449.jpg

20210330_214305.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
Hmmmm, I love it when a food writer makes me think about unwashed hair.

(Also, this is not novel at all indeed, she just wants to be maverick and do the 'people are telling me off in my mentions for this weird thing I just took an interest in')

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Does she just think of some boring subject of the day to talk about. Strangely for a food writer it’s never real food (crisps) and no pictures of actual food anymore (I’m using the term actual loosely).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
No Jack, we didn’t evolve to use shampoo - BUT we don’t live in the bleeping woods either. The world is full of man-made filth. Pollution and dirt mean you do actually need to wash with something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.