Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Powershower

Chatty Member
Speaking of the hideous rag rug, I noticed this a while ago. She got it from the Cambridge folk festival and whoever sold it to her apparently told her it was a handmade Moroccan carpet lol.

View attachment 502748

View attachment 502747
If we ever needed proof that jack monroe is middle class, here it is... went to the folkfest and bought a rug!
BTW I’m not saying that you have to be middle class to like folk music, obviously quite the opposite but the folkfest has become notoriously middle class and full of weekend hippies who think they discovered folk music.

(And you should see the amount of STUFF people take for a weekends camping) not to 🔺myself but I grew up a stones throw from it and was always annoyed when it was on as I couldn’t cut through the park

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

colouredlines

VIP Member
I was just scrolling Instagram and noticed that Chetna Makan had done a 30 minute live as a discussion between her and a patisserier. Around 3500 viewers compared to Jack's pitiful non-canal few. Not even a recipe or a puffed partnership, just a conversation.
I suspect that's because Chetna's followers are interested in food, while Jack's followers are interested in feeling good about themselves for Helping The Poor.

• Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
She needs to stop with these pics acting like somebody called her name and she swung around with a full cheeser happening having such a wonderful time hun we know you set up the tripod

• Haha
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts, really appreciated.

Op all done in about 4 hours, so a little more complicated that they had anticipated, they said it would be over in an hour. The painkillers and local anaesthetic are doing their job thank goodness. The general anaesthetic lingered so I had a great night's sleep. Fingers crossed it has been successful. I have had a quick look and it looks brutal, goodness knows how they manage to get such huge bruises in places nowhere near where the operation site is. Onward and upward, need to get home now.

Talking about grey hair, the nurse thought I was a famous chef using a false name. It was a private hospital (I was NHS of course) so it might well have been. I asked her who she though I was and she said Marcus Wareing. I hadn't a clue, so Googled him.

🔺 I had to admit, some of the pictures I really thought were of me! Now either he looks old for his age, or I look very young. I think it is probably a bit of both.

Off for a read of the pages I missed.
Glad to hear that!

I bet you were crossing your fingers that she didn't say Antony Worrall Thompson...

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
I feel quite strongly that you probably shouldn't take on eight fucking cats if you're not in a stable living situation.

I've seen more of these grifters than ever in the last few days...oddly enough, given that I live somewhere with much higher unemployment and a horrendous economy, we don't seem to get many. They generally seem to middle class British or American. I suppose you need a certain cushion behind you before you can start grifting for a living?

• Heart
  • Wow

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
You consistently make me laugh.
I’m so proud of you.
Yes, well done you.
In fact...well done everyone. I think you're all jolly clever.

Are we all thinking there's several slow cookers full of 'Pityshag Parmigiana' bubbling away in the happy place kitchen right now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
OT thank for the well wishes everyone! I'm still feeling shite but my wonderful brother put some money in my account so I can get groceries delivered and a takeaway. I'm very grateful to have him and my cabal family keeping me entertained.

• Heart
The mention of Vlad has reminded me that the font I used for the wall art is called ...Vladimir script. I also learnt that it is incredibly difficult to find authentic 90s Microsoft clip art which is an outrage. How else will I get pictures to accompany my chrome effect wavy WordArt?

There's a limit to the image size you can upload here, I will work on getting a picture gallery up on the Slopbot site so anyone who wants to can download the pictures, print them out and kiss them every night like Jack (probably, she hasn't answered my question) does.

• Heart
  • Haha

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
Last thing I’ll say on Tom is he’s very short and also bisexual.
I've taken a cringy fangirl selfie with him and I was surprised by the lack of height!

AFAIK he cleaned himself up a good few years ago and has stayed that way. I speak only with the authority of, ahem, a special interest in his career. And his face.

Edit:
FB_IMG_1616871088905.jpg

Probably the most attractive person I've ever met.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Oh, yay. We're going into 'women are bad for liking makeup and hairdye because it's not feminist' territory. Just wait until she realises that makeup and hairdye are used as examples by incels and misogynists of how women seek to entice and deceive men - and abusive men will accuse women of wearing makeup or doing their hair specifically for the purpose of finding easy hookups.

Not wearing makeup or dying your hair because you don't want to = being feminist
Wearing makeup or dying your hair because you do want to = being feminist

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Whenever Topical Jack appears I always think it's less to do what's in her DMs and more to do with the Brexit Tin Thief offloading about whatever's gone on at work that week.

• Wow
  • Haha

bladiesla

VIP Member
Political commentator? Que? Twitter rants like my auntie Anne (only for a larger following) does not make you a political commentator.

• Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I have never heard of nudge hiss erosion.

Anyway, isn’t she the makeup hoarding, Botox, pouty mouth, airbrushing, face-tuning queen? What on Earth does she know about embracing a few greys (or whatever the hell it is she is wittering on about).

• Haha
  • Heart