Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abstinence from using caps as well by the looks of things
Of all the many, many things that she does that irritate me, the lack of capitals is possibly the one that’s riled me the most. #justiceforcapitalletters

Reactions: 32
Political commentator She can have that one (at least it’s funny!) for taking the wheelchair emoji out. Though I notice she’s taken all emojis out rather than just the wheelchair.

Reactions: 35
Here she lashes out against people who use Twitter too much
God!! That whole reply to The Echo, bloody hell what a hissy fit she had - she really can't handle any criticism can she. And so arrogant in her response. Half of the shite that she countered with was outright lies or has been long contradicted by her own actions but the twitter bit was a particular highlight:

"those who take Twitter so very seriously should probably go for a walk or join a book club or take up meditation. There is a whole world out there not limited to the inane 140 character ramblings of the mostly-media-circle. Go on. Read. Fuck. Bake. Log off. Wind down."

- Had to check my glasses and read it a few times until I believed my eyes, but that's Jack Monroe giving someone else the advice to use twitter less. What a nutter.

Reactions: 81
#NeverForget

"Anchoiade, pronounced an-shoy-ard but very quickly, according to a French youtuber with a voice of clipped velvet with a laugh never far behind, was stumbled across on the Instagram feed of my former Daily Kitchen Live colleague, Matt Tebbutt." -- Jack Monroe, food blogger

Yes, bestselling writer Jack Monroe wrote 'anchoiade was stumbled across'.

Reactions: 34
Was re-reading the "Poverty is a septic wound" bilge, because I clearly hate myself, and feel like we need to talk about this:

I wonder what tuneful warbling she regaled it with? Landslide, Stand By Me, Think Twice (she can do it note-perfect, don't you know). Ending up pulverised for slop must have been a blessed relief.

Reactions: 56
I’m sorry, a day late for the smutty book chat BUT I can heartily recommend the Literally Gagging podcast, in which the two (very funny) hosts reread the likes of Jilly Cooper and Jackie Collins, but through the lens of 21st Century feminism.

Reactions: 36
glad the shary bobbins endorsement's gone from the bio too. "expert family champion" had big tory energy

Reactions: 39
Can you even imagine telling EVERYONE that model agencies said you had the perfect face? If that happened to me (it wouldn’t) I would maybe tell my mum. She is so full of herself. It’s soooo embarrassing.
Sounds like something people say to let you down gently..

"You've got the perfect face BUT..."

Reactions: 44
There's a great bit in the I Gave Up My Smartphone article where she talks about going for a day out with her son and her Nokia.

Great! So now she'll put the phone away, play with her son, enjoy the great outdoors...

And I sat on the beach with my boy, and played Snake, giggling with glee at the possibility of leaving the world behind.

...or not.

Reactions: 65
she must have been absolutely fuming when MOM made Ash Sarker’s fish finger dish!
I was actually thinking this the other day. Not sure of timings (will check) but wondered if the fish finger lasagne, which she tried to promote on mumsnet etc, was in response to this, a desperate attempt to make it into one of Nigella's books.
Another thing which struck me on reading through @colouredlines archive stuff, is that she legally changed her name after leaving the fire service, but before she made a splash in the media? So, in other words, during the height of her poverty ~origin story~ when she was unplugging the fridge and whatnot. She says she changed it by deed poll and on her passport etc. Now, I'm sure it's not outrageously expensive to do this, but it would probably be the last thing on my mind, to spend money on something like that, when I was simultaneously going to the food bank and selling all my kid's toys .
Is there a timeline for her camera ownership, btw? Is this a new one she's talking about, or the one she sold during the destitution?

Reactions: 48
Me to, dear heart. Who does she think she is ? bell hooks!
AKA Gloria Jean Watkins
Of all the many, many things that she does that irritate me, the lack of capitals is possibly the one that’s riled me the most. #justiceforcapitalletters

Reactions: 14
Can you even imagine telling EVERYONE that model agencies said you had the perfect face? If that happened to me (it wouldn’t) I would maybe tell my mum. She is so full of herself. It’s soooo embarrassing.
Every modelling agency has had an “other” section for years if not decades, for actresses or musicians etc etc. Even Zara McDermott of love island fame is signed to a major agency (and her pics are shockingly good?!). The friend who owes money for her project is signed to a biggie but has only ever done 2 or 3 big jobs so it’s not like they’re expecting you to put in Kendall Jenner hours either.

Created via the medium of Insta stories, sorry graphic design fraus x

Reactions: 43
Most of those are the sort of accounts that steal peoples images/art/photographs without credit (unless it’s demanded after the fact, by the original owners) and get to build up strong followings which are then marketable and monetised. I used to follow a couple of space and science ones that did it until I realised my follow would be contributing to the behaviour.

So, right up Jacks street then.

Reactions: 43
Yeah, it seems like there can't be anything funny online without vultures or parasites coming in. I do buy things (when I can afford it) from accounts that create their own content that I enjoy (like Cold War Steve or Cats on Synthesizers in Space), so that they get something in retun for the entertainment I get from it.

ETA: that 'when I can afford it' sounds way too dramatic there, sorry, I'm not handing over my winter fuel payments or whatever.

Reactions: 36

It’s like goldy and bronzey but it’s made of iron.

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.