Jack Monroe #170 Outrageous grifting dirtbag

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew it. The very next post had me laughing and smirking like a Cheshire cat. Bravo, no one can stay miserable for any length of time with you fantastically funny people around. Comedy scriptwriters the lot of you.

Thanks @PoorPatrol for changing my mood for the day. You should be prescribed by all lady doctors. Sod the red lipstick.

Reactions: 59
I think Middle Eastern manna is very similar to nougat, but with coconut? I had a colleague years ago who would bring boxes in to share.

On topic, Jack is still insufferable and I was one of the 42 views months ago when I fell into a YouTube hole. Nibbly-biscuit-Jack is an idiot.

Reactions: 35
I remember seing that scene as a Dutch teenager and in translated well (I believe it was the Kupar family, trying to be seen as the Coopers (I can't find it, so perhaps it wasn't, haha). I was trying to describe the scene to someone recently, who had no clue what I was talking about and it warms my heart it getting a mention here!

ETA: Found it:

Last edited:
Reactions: 54
I think that's the best. Check what your foodbank needs and the give whatever you'd have in that category. It's ridiculous to suggest that posh biscuits are required. I don't buy posh biscuits for myself and still feel fully human.

Reactions: 37
I loved that episode.

hope you have a nice day, dear heartxx

Reactions: 26
Bib that’s our job

Reactions: 24
I've been using the food bank since Covid hit and MC Dad isn't working. Last month I got a box of Twinings tea and I did a hoot with the joyful glee of a decent cuppa.

I don't think it matters what you choose to or can afford to donate, Jack's probably lying about the biscuits anyway

Reactions: 55
Goodness Gracious Me was such a funny show. She is totally like that, just absolutely faux competitive for no reason other than to show off.

Reactions: 25
off topic, have you tried Claudia Roden's coconut jam from A Book of Middle Eastern Food?

Reactions: 12
I made two awful spelling mistakes in my "Goodness Gracious Me" post (fixed now) but it has been quoted so many times I can't hide my shame. Blankets instead of blandest for goodness sake. I will do a Jack and I will find someone (or thing) to blame, because it can't be my fault.

Reactions: 61
She's relentless- so much to catch up today.

I followed her on Twitter at the time of the ECGs etc. In my memory it was linked to the binding, but I'm not sure.

I have no good claims to fame, but Lisa from Steps does live near me so....

@Blurp don't think I've tried the coconut thing, but Knaufeh (and all the million spellings) is the middle eastern snack most often celebrated on the local reddit. My favourite is Manakesh again all the spellings, and obviously Shwarma.

Reactions: 22
Hello Fraus, just popping in to say I’ve been slightly absent, and I can’t really be arsed to grunk through 3/4 threads, but I can see that nothing has changed with our dearheart favourite grifter anyway
Anyways, some of us have actual things to do that the people that ask them to do those things for them pay us money for - wish I could get Mel Donte to give me £££ for doing not a lot but that’s life

Reactions: 36
My friend volunteers for a charity who provide foodbank items, and pre lockdown community cafe and community cooking classes- classes are so valuable as some people have never had the opportunity to learn to cook, or be in a a position to be able to afford to try to cook things. Jack could have & still could do so much in her community to help, instead of shouting on Twitter
Edit - tried to add a spoiler but didn’t work so have deleted that bit!

Reactions: 28
This popped up on my FB feed. Compare it with the "abuse" Jack constantly complains about. "That's not how you make a béchamel" or "The book has too many sandwiches" aren't even in the same league, are they?

Reactions: 37
I'm here still trying to parse "I don’t want to use the word ‘honour’ as there’s no inherent nobility in suffering".
You don't want to say 'it was an honour to take part' because you think that would imply there's a nobility to your suffering?

https://giphy.com/3o751Yxe9UjX26BZbG

Reactions: 56
Solving poverty by guided meditation? Really was a wankfest then.
This, this, this ! When I saw that I thought “well you people can fuck right off and then fuck off some more”.

What on gods green earth do these people think when they put these schemes together? ...and nothing shows off Jacks pathetic middle class disguised as poor situation more if she thinks this can ever be part of a solution to people juggling twenty quid between a bit of gas and some basics branded shopping.

Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.